• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have at least 8 cup matches, hopefully closer to 20. There's room for two top strikers that can both play the lone role.

Yeah, but we'd be smashing our transfer record for a player that probably wouldn't be first on the team sheet. It wont happen. I hope I'm wrong, but I wont be.

So all these twitter ITK muppets who reported Leandro was done last night are clearly full of brick AGAIN.

Also, I agree with what some of you have said while I would like another striker for cover if Ade gets hurt I just can't see us splashing 20m plus on another striker. I think a Modric replacement is the far more important issue right now.

Don't get the need to splash out on a GK like Lloris either. If someone falls in our lap at a good price then fine, but see no need in paying over the odds to get someone for this season. Brad, Cudicini and Gomes are a very good lot of goalkeepers I would even say one of the best in the league.

Don't get the need to splash out on a GK like Lloris either. If someone falls in our lap at a good price then fine, but see no need in paying over the odds to get someone for this season. Brad, Cudicini and Gomes are a very good lot of goalkeepers I would even say one of the best in the league.
I'm just worried that a good 'keeper like Lloris won't be available for much longer. It is, for me, the most important position on the pitch - and should we land someone like the French captain, he could be our starter for years to come.

So all these twitter ITK muppets who reported Leandro was done last night are clearly full of brick AGAIN.

Also, I agree with what some of you have said while I would like another striker for cover if Ade gets hurt I just can't see us splashing 20m plus on another striker. I think a Modric replacement is the far more important issue right now.

From what I can recall it seemed the club had an understanding of what it would take for Inter to sell. Obviously, the attention seeking ones will exaggerate that to a done deal.

I'm just worried that a good 'keeper like Lloris won't be available for much longer. It is, for me, the most important position on the pitch - and should we land someone like the French captain, he could be our starter for years to come.

That is a fair point but he doesn't seem overly keen to come to us anyway. I agree if we can get a younger class keeper than I certainly wouldn't be against it but we definitely have more pressing needs.

From what I can recall it seemed the club had an understanding of what it would take for Inter to sell. Obviously, the attention seeking ones will exaggerate that to a done deal.

A few of them posted last night the fee was agreed and its down to personal terms...tacos

They may or may not be full of brick.

But I wouldn't jump to that conclusion on the basis of ambiguous and guarded comments from a manager at a press conference with only eight frantic days of the transfer window remaining.

They may or may not be full of brick.

But I wouldn't jump to that conclusion on the basis of ambiguous and guarded comments from a manager at a press conference with only eight frantic days of the transfer window remaining.

This

Ade, Defoe and Kane, hmm no we'll add to this I think.

That is a fair point but he doesn't seem overly keen to come to us anyway. I agree if we can get a younger class keeper than I certainly wouldn't be against it but we definitely have more pressing needs.
Just been thinking about it some more - if we could have got him in at the start of the summer and had time for him to train with the squad and get a few games under his belt then I'd be over the moon. Now we've played our first game of the season, it might be better for squad harmony to stick with what we have (as you say, we have good options) and progress with the season.

I wouldn't be disappointed with us signing a solid 'keeper for above our transfer record - a good 'keepers are hard to find, and they are worth their weight in gold, IMO.

Back