• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the way this all works out.

We have a weekly press conference, cant avoid it.

It is supposed to be about the upcomng game.

Inevitably (at this time of year) a manager gets bombarded with questions based upon speculation/links with players.

The manger responds as diplomatically as possible, or indeed flat out lies/bluffs to protect a deal.

The papers report it all extensively as an absolute.

Now Im not saying we will sign Wilian or Leandro, but I am saying if we were in talks with either I would quite expect AVB to deflect any questions on it.

I wouldnt expect him to say "Yes! We are in talks and hope to conclude it soon, he will be on £50k a week and a 4 year deal - keep your fingers crossed for me guys!"

I don't know what to think anymore tbh I'd like to think we're still looking to bring in players in numerous positions but then levy has proved the last few windows he's unwilling to spend money my guessing is we'll sell Modric for 30mill and sign a replacement on deadline day for a fraction of that probably that mereles chap(who I don't think will do too bad a job) just can't see levy spending money on another striker or cover for wings

I love the way this all works out.

We have a weekly press conference, cant avoid it.

It is supposed to be about the upcomng game.

Inevitably (at this time of year) a manager gets bombarded with questions based upon speculation/links with players.

The manger responds as diplomatically as possible, or indeed flat out lies/bluffs to protect a deal.

The papers report it all extensively as an absolute.

Now Im not saying we will sign Wilian or Leandro, but I am saying if we were in talks with either I would quite expect AVB to deflect any questions on it.

I wouldnt expect him to say "Yes! We are in talks and hope to conclude it soon, he will be on £50k a week and a 4 year deal - keep your fingers crossed for me guys!"

I agree, I think it will just take some people time to adapt that we don't have blabber mouth Redknapp openly talking about transfer deals....

I don't know what to think anymore tbh I'd like to think we're still looking to bring in players in numerous positions but then levy has proved the last few windows he's unwilling to spend money my guessing is we'll sell Modric for 30mill and sign a replacement on deadline day for a fraction of that probably that mereles chap(who I don't think will do too bad a job) just can't see levy spending money on another striker or cover for wings

It's a cast iron certainty, IMO, that we will sign at least one of Damiao, Willian, Isco or Aubameyang. Or at least one more attacking player of sorts. Maybe two of them.

We will also sign one of Moutinho, M'Vila or A N Other central midfielder.

Now that the Fryers deal is dead, I would also hope that we're looking for another young left back.

Quite possible too that we will buy a keeper.

Last edited:
Seriously, anyone who thought we would be signing Leandro is/was deluded

Lol what a ridiculous comment. We might be in for Leandro we might not, but anyone thinking we could be signing him is not deluded - we're not talking about Ronaldo or Messi here, we're talking about an up and coming Brazilian prospect....

Lol what a ridiculous comment. We might be in for Leandro we might not, but anyone thinking we could be signing him is not deluded - we're not talking about Ronaldo or Messi here, we're talking about an up and coming Brazilian prospect....

Exactly.

These days, Spurs prefer to play with a five-man midfield and a single striker, so having any more than three forwards in a squad of 25 would seem a bit excessive.

But when you play with five in the middle and one striker, you want the guy up top to be able to lead the line, hold the ball up as well as score goals. We have 3 striker, only ONE of them can do that..

Still think we might sign Rossi or keep what we have and get him in January for a fee I'd imagine would be less than £10m. Would be a risk as thats 2 ligament injuries in 2 years but if it pays of we could have a 25yr player coming into his prime.

Question:
IS there an ACN this season?
Answer: Yes
Will Ade be playing for Togo in it? Maybe
Has AVB planned for this? :-k

Definitely, and how many times have you seen various managers deny they're in for a player and end up signing them?!

Indeed, wasn't it a certain manager when linked with a certain vacant job in North London claim: "It is all lies..!"

Back