• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rossi is only 173, no way he will fit AVB´s bill

More importantly, he's expected back from injury AFTER the January window closes. Unless he comes extremely cheap I don't see anyone taking a chance until next summer. Season could be over before he's match fit.

Going to be a few unhappy players to cherry pick from Chelsea by the end of the season (attacking midfielders mostly).

Going to be a few unhappy players to cherry pick from Chelsea by the end of the season (attacking midfielders mostly).

Only problem is they're on massive wages and their inflated egos couldn't handle a perceived "step down". Even if we finish above the ****s again.

I do wonder how much of their business is based on ensuring players do not strengthen rivals as opposed to actually needing them. Their midfield is farking ridiculous. With Moses it really is a joke.

Let's not forget either that Levy is not adverse to dropping a player in the managers lap without him having any prior knowledge of it so it stands to reason that AVB might not be fully clued up on the names from his 'list' that we may be close to completing on. This, coupled with what Nayim said in an earlier post (that he's likely to deflect anyway).

Lol what a ridiculous comment. We might be in for Leandro we might not, but anyone thinking we could be signing him is not deluded - we're not talking about Ronaldo or Messi here, we're talking about an up and coming Brazilian prospect....

We aren't going to be spending £20m - £30m on anyone. That's why signing LD is an absurd notion. I can see us spending maybe £15m on a single player with then a few million add-ons but not more than that up front. That's why we've given up on Moutinho, havent been able to sign a big name CF for years, have spent 2 years dingdonging around with Leandro etc etc

Let's speak again in 8 days

I do wonder how much of their business is based on ensuring players do not strengthen rivals as opposed to actually needing them. Their midfield is farking ridiculous. With Moses it really is a joke.

Moses makes sense as he's home grown. They've only got Turnbull, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Lampard, Sturridge and Bertrand.

Back