• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Spurs v Liverpool OMT ***

As I said before, you only need a few truths for all lies to them become fact but as bad as Dier has been it takes some bloke to do it all his own. Porro is getting a pass because he was the golden transfer everyone wanted and also because he is new but he has been at fault for so many goals, but gets the pass, not saying he should be slaughtered, but not sure Dier should shoulder his issues too, and we won't mention PEH ball watching because thats on Dier too
Like you say Porto is new so he's going to have a degree of a honeymoon period where the fans calibrate to his level.

Dier is a long established player at Spurs. We know what to expect from him.

Is it surprising that the likes of him and Sanchez etc gain less patience from the fan base?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We were in 4th place. Odds were we wouldn't have made 4th again without Bentancur but we would have been in with a shout. Conte has an ability to pull a side together and you could see last season he galvanized and prepared, and got the side into a winning rythm.

That clearly wasn’t happening though. Since the World Cup until his sacking, we won 6, drew 2 and lost 4 in the league. Definitely not top 4 form, especially when you look at the teams we played. Add to that 3 horrendous games in the Champions League / FA Cup.

Us being this poor is as much about how poorly Conte managed this season as it is anything else.

Didn't think it was possible to be as angry as I was last week but Tottenham being Tottenham, they managed it. Porro on the first, Dier on the second and Romero on the third had me frothing at the mouth. Unacceptable. I laughed at Woolwich fans when they questioned Romero - for a boy with such talent he is useless.

Fair play to them, we've battled our way back in but we need the next goal. We get it, game on. They get it, it could be as humiliating as it looked like it would be after 15.

A word for the away fans...amazing.
Romero just needs better coaching and a better CB next to him. Right now he's trying to compensate for the lack of defensively quality. And he's going to cut out the rash stuff eventually. I wouldn't call him useless at all.

As I said before, you only need a few truths for all lies to them become fact but as bad as Dier has been it takes some bloke to do it all his own. Porro is getting a pass because he was the golden transfer everyone wanted and also because he is new but he has been at fault for so many goals, but gets the pass, not saying he should be slaughtered, but not sure Dier should shoulder his issues too, and we won't mention PEH ball watching because thats on Dier too
Nobody at the back can claim to be playing even half decent, Dier has been brick but so has Romero, Porro and Perisic. There's enough blame to go around without trying to put it all on one player.

Romero just needs better coaching and a better CB next to him. Right now he's trying to compensate for the lack of defensively quality. And he's going to cut out the rash stuff eventually. I wouldn't call him useless at all.

I agree. He’s clearly quality, but he’s got 2 absolutely horrendous defenders either side of him. Add to that the World Cup in the middle, which clearly distracted him before the tournament and has left a bit of a hangover and he’s had an extremely disappointing season. Certainly nothing to tell me he’s worth writing off.

Nobody at the back can claim to be playing even half decent, Dier has been brick but so has Romero, Porro and Perisic. There's enough blame to go around without trying to put it all on one player.

So you can only say Dier has been crap if you can count the rest of them too as so far you have been backing dier to the hilt.

Having a better CB beside him isn't going to change his poor passing and attitude.

That clearly wasn’t happening though. Since the World Cup until his sacking, we won 6, drew 2 and lost 4 in the league. Definitely not too 4 form, especially when you look at the teams we played. Add to that 3 horrendous games in the Champions League / FA Cup.

Us being this poor is as much about how poorly Conte managed this season as it is anything else.

And for how much of that period was Conte sick, not effectively in the post?

Point is, Conte has the ability to galvanize, prepare, and go on a run, as we saw last season. With Bentancur I don't think we'd have won as many as last season, but it was a much more attractive prospect than the implosion we are witnessing now!

Every player on that pitch has been an embarrassment - Dier included.

It doesn't make Dier a bad player any more than it makes Kane or Son one.

At least he wasn't gesticulating at nobody at all like Porro after leaving Jones completely alone... That is indubitably the player you are meant to be marking, who are you shrugging at!? I am a Conte fan but I don't see how Spence could have done worse defensively so far. Porro ships a goal a game..

On a sunnier note, Skipp's pass was better than I realized for ours as well. Through this varying trainwreck of performances / results he is pretty much one of the only ones who comes away with credit. Glad to have him at the club.

Each goal had bigger culprits, Romero Dier & Porro each had mares - i just have a bee in my bonnet with Hojbjerg so felt like pointing out it - he could have stepped in and made a challenge or closed down or even attempted to do one or the other which would have stopped Liverpool playing in to our penalty area, but he stood off as per fudging usual

I didn't he was right to say it or not, but he did, and that in no way takes away from him being right.
Navel gazing about the rights or wrongs of whether he should have said it not will not help fix it.

And I was not saying he was wrong in his words when you replied, I was simply responding to the rhetoric about him being sacked

I'm hungover, the sound of the plane hovering over the stadium is doing my head in. :p
(couldn't keep the tv turned off when we scored)

And for how much of that period was Conte sick?

Point is, Conte has the ability to galvanize, prepare, and go on a run, as we saw last season. With Bentancur I don't think we'd have won as many as last season, but it was a much more attractive prospect than the implosion we are witnessing now!

Shame he bailed on the team and refused to come back from Italy then.

So you can only say Dier has been crap if you can count the rest of them too as so far you have been backing dier to the hilt.
I haven't been backing Dier to the hilt, look through my posts and I've repeatedly said he's not good enough and should be a backup. What I have done is defended him when people are trying to blame him for things that weren't his fault, which is different from defending him to the hilt.

Like you say Porto is new so he's going to have a degree of a honeymoon period where the fans calibrate to his level.

Dier is a long established player at Spurs. We know what to expect from him.

Is it surprising that the likes of him and Sanchez etc gain less patience from the fan base?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

No I am shocked others get such a longer rope....there will be reasons why though which we won't go into

And for how much of that period was Conte sick, not effectively in the post?

You’re talking in hypotheticals. Conte wasn’t galvanising anyone, he literally did the opposite in his farewell speech.

Oh and he was sick for 2 or 3 of the wins, so that makes his record even worse.

You’re talking in hypotheticals. Conte wasn’t galvanising anyone, he literally did the opposite in his farewell speech.

It is not hypothetical talking about someones ability and past performance - which is what I did.

Conte was asking for a reaction and for more from the players. He literally did exactly the same a year before - saying he'll quit - and then we went on a winning run.

Back