• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Spurs v Liverpool OMT ***

Yeah, we should all just keep quiet and let them get on with it.

No we can all say what we like...many do

The manager though has a greater duty than to sulk like a fan. But its worked because now he has become a poster boy for the fans, Conte was right because they agree and he holds no fault for what came before or after.....he was not silly in that respect

We were horrible defensively in the first 15-20 minutes, but this game could easily have been tied at halftime. I mean, if we want to play, we can. Why we're in 6s and 7s when start games is beyond me.

See my original post on the matter.

I'm quite conscious of my biases and take them into account. That's why I prefer to rely on stats to opinions. People will remember whatever suits their opinions and forget that which doesn't. Can't do that with stats.

What stats do you have to show Dier can defend? At this point it feels like you’re trolling on your own forum re your views on Dier

Everton our second from bottom and even they have only conceded 50 goals compared to our 56, that is just pathetic.

Our defence has been our major issue this season. It also undermined Conte in the end. But he and Paratici didn't sort it. We failed in our attempts to sign a CB and that cost us dear. Conte got the same players to perform last season, but he compromised on us being expansive and had to make us defensive first and foremost to get results. When Conte tried to re-balance us to play out more and retain possession, the defense showed its weakness.

When we broke for the winter break and WC it was clear the defense was our Achilles heel. But Paratici was stuck trying to address Royals bad form from the start of the season, and wasn't agile, as Royal was much improved and Doherty was a solid alternative. Or CBs were not available? Anyway Conte and Paratici had many millions and plenty of time to upgrade our defence. So the blame ultimately lies with them. Had we spent the Richarlison and Bissouma cash on just one quality CB we might have had a very different season. It is upsetting as otherwise we have the foundation of a decent team.

With the pressure and limited time fans and DL give managers it was crucial that we had a perfect summer transfer window. In hindsight we had a woeful summer window and it has put us back now.

Last edited:
Didn't think it was possible to be as angry as I was last week but Tottenham being Tottenham, they managed it. Porro on the first, Dier on the second and Romero on the third had me frothing at the mouth. Unacceptable. I laughed at Woolwich fans when they questioned Romero - for a boy with such talent he is useless.

Fair play to them, we've battled our way back in but we need the next goal. We get it, game on. They get it, it could be as humiliating as it looked like it would be after 15.

A word for the away fans...amazing.

We definitely weren’t in top 4 form.

We were in 4th place. Odds were we wouldn't have made 4th again without Bentancur but we would have been in with a shout. Conte has an ability to pull a side together and you could see last season he galvanized and prepared, and got the side into a winning rythm.

I think he's stayed about the same and become more exposed since we lost Bentancur - same with the rest of the defence.

As I said before, you only need a few truths for all lies to them become fact but as bad as Dier has been it takes some bloke to do it all his own. Porro is getting a pass because he was the golden transfer everyone wanted and also because he is new but he has been at fault for so many goals, but gets the pass, not saying he should be slaughtered, but not sure Dier should shoulder his issues too, and we won't mention PEH ball watching because thats on Dier too

I don't understand what is wrong with the manager coming out and saying what Conte said. As long as he's not lying. Yes he should have taken more responsibility for things at the same time, but I don't see what the issue is calling things as you see them.

Worse would have been said in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

Hojbjerg ball watching and standing off in the analysis of each of those goals

At least he wasn't gesticulating at nobody at all like Porro after leaving Jones completely alone... That is indubitably the player you are meant to be marking, who are you shrugging at!? I am a Conte fan but I don't see how Spence could have done worse defensively so far. Porro ships a goal a game (my point being I wish we'd focused on improving our CB options instead of dingdonging away the money on Porro and Spence)

On a sunnier note, Skipp's pass was better than I realized for ours as well. Through this varying trainwreck of performances / results he is pretty much one of the only ones who comes away with credit. Glad to have him at the club.

Back