• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I was out with some customers in London a fourth night ago. Still got a headache from the bill.
That’s bonkers but weirdly typical for anywhere high end
I was in Copenhagen the other week having dinner at Warpig and the guys next to me we’re from Norway (Stavanger I think). They loved it there as it was cheap…. But for the UK it’s expensive, so it’s all relative
Was it good?

I was in Copenhagen the other week having dinner at Warpig and the guys next to me we’re from Norway (Stavanger I think). They loved it there as it was cheap…. But for the UK it’s expensive, so it’s all relative
Was it good?
Good yes. Worth it? Absolutely not. I've been at 3 star Michelin restaurants that were 1/10 of the price, but at least twice as good.
Hell, even a local place near me, run by a chef that has won bocouse d'or has way better food for a fraction of the price.

Was it good?

Scandi is sooooooooooooooooo expensive. I did a project in Copenhagen for a cruise company and just a beer and Pizza post work was a travesty of a price

I was out with some customers in London a fourth night ago. Still got a headache from the bill.
Bray is out near me, nowhere near London.

The Waterside Inn is owned by Michel Roux and his son Alain Roux. It has three Michelin stars, and is the only non-French restaurant to keep all three stars for twenty-five years.

Of course they are gonna charge you over the top.

Bray is out near me, nowhere near London.

The Waterside Inn is owned by Michel Roux and his son Alain Roux. It has three Michelin stars, and is the only non-French restaurant to keep all three stars for twenty-five years.

Of course they are gonna charge you over the top.
You might not call it London, but for me it is the same as London. I flew to Heathrow, and it was the same distance from Heathrow as Central London.

My Mrs found our one of her best friends has got terminal cancer and has been given 6-12 months to live, she has 2 kids aged 6 and 10
It's really sad and it's devastated my wife
Just don't know how you deal with that sort of news
One of her pals set up a GoFundMe page to try and raise money to be able to send her and her kids to Disney
Set a £5k target and it's past that already, people have been very generous

Scandi is sooooooooooooooooo expensive. I did a project in Copenhagen for a cruise company and just a beer and Pizza post work was a travesty of a price
My office is Copenhagen as I work for a danish company and we have a decent expense policy.. or did (changing next year)
Norway was crazy money….
Denmark is expensive ….
London…. Hit and miss depending where you go

Took my mutt for a walk round the local lake
Turns out I didn’t connect the lead onto her collar correctly
She pulled a bit and it broke (it was connected to her name tag) and she just ran….
30 mins of climbing through bramble and trees and a bit of a “swamp” to chase her down
Finally got her when she was tired and I now think hurt
Poor thing has only just got over having a wounded paw …
Poor thing was also made to wear this outfit whilst I was away by the wife…. fudging red
EB1D2BEE-6C99-4C5E-9818-518FDE6607CB.jpeg

Took my mutt for a walk round the local lake
Turns out I didn’t connect the lead onto her collar correctly
She pulled a bit and it broke (it was connected to her name tag) and she just ran….
30 mins of climbing through bramble and trees and a bit of a “swamp” to chase her down
Finally got her when she was tired and I now think hurt
Poor thing has only just got over having a wounded paw …
Poor thing was also made to wear this outfit whilst I was away by the wife…. fudging red
View attachment 14841

Looks like he's trying on his ermine robe for HOL, a regal looking beast.

Our daughter arrived Dec. 22 from Montreal for a Christmas home coming. Plan was for her to return on Dec. 27 and we spent an enjoyable day and evening with her eating good food and laughing our asses off watching the second Knives Out movie.

Our son and his girlfriend were scheduled to arrive Dec. 23 from Calgary for a visit skedded to last until Jan. 2.

Our daughter announces early on Dec. 23 that she's tested positive for Covid-19. Second test confirms it. So now, our son and girlfriend can't stay at our place. Extreme winter weather is pelting the eastern half of North America - yes, guy! Wild weather doesn't stop at the American border - so they had to find alternative accommodation. Dividing our house into zones is one thought. A neighbour two houses down offered to put them up.

In the end, my son's girlfriend's father decides to drive two hours south to Toronto through a lashing blizzard to pick them up at the airport and then drive back. They accept and we're quietly schitting bricks. There's a 100+ vehicle pile up on a major highway west of here. To our great relief, they arrived safely up north. We will enjoy Christmas in whatever fractured state it's provided this year and celebrate what we have.

Wishing you all a properly uneventful and healthy Christmas, Hannukah and New Years.

That's terrible news. A close friend and colleague of mine died two weeks ago from brain cancer. He had some headache during the summer, and was diagnosed with it in late August. From there it went rapidly downhill, as it was located such that surgery was impossible. Only 37 years old with 1 kid, and his wife is expecting again in January. Absolutely terrible. No one should die that young.

Both stories are really sad. Someone at work I know just got diagnosed with cancer, she's only 35 and got married in the summer. Should be looking forward to all the exciting things you do as a couple but instead will be in chemo for months.

Back