• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

First kickboxing session today at a new gym I've joined - The difference between boxing and kickboxing, is the kicking, as I was told by one helpful coach on the side.It also hurts when you get kicked and also when you kick someone. You learn new things everyday!

Cracking session though, helps I had / have a blue belt in taekwondo depending on whether there is a statute of limitations on such things.

First kickboxing session today at a new gym I've joined - The difference between boxing and kickboxing, is the kicking, as I was told by one helpful coach on the side.It also hurts when you get kicked and also when you kick someone. You learn new things everyday!

Cracking session though, helps I had / have a blue belt in taekwondo depending on whether there is a statute of limitations on such things.
:D

My Mrs found our one of her best friends has got terminal cancer and has been given 6-12 months to live, she has 2 kids aged 6 and 10
It's really sad and it's devastated my wife
Just don't know how you deal with that sort of news

Puts life into perspective and that time is precious so immediately I booked us a summer holiday next year with my parents

Parents away, popped to their house to grab a suitcase, place has been flooded from the loft down :(

their bedroom, kitchen, all ruined.

Walked in, no lights on, could hear dripping and running water but couldn't see anything. put phone torch on and could see water dripping from ceiling. Had been going for 5 days apparently a neighbour saw but didn't have their contact details.

Parents away, popped to their house to grab a suitcase, place has been flooded from the loft down :(

Walked in, no lights on, could hear dripping and running water but couldn't see anything. put phone torch on and could see water dripping from ceiling. Had been going for 5 days apparently a neighbour saw but didn't have their contact details.
Aw man that's terrible

My Mrs found our one of her best friends has got terminal cancer and has been given 6-12 months to live, she has 2 kids aged 6 and 10

Puts life into perspective and that time is precious so immediately I booked us a summer holiday next year with my parents
That's terrible news. A close friend and colleague of mine died two weeks ago from brain cancer. He had some headache during the summer, and was diagnosed with it in late August. From there it went rapidly downhill, as it was located such that surgery was impossible. Only 37 years old with 1 kid, and his wife is expecting again in January. Absolutely terrible. No one should die that young.

That's terrible news. A close friend and colleague of mine died two weeks ago from brain cancer. He had some headache during the summer, and was diagnosed with it in late August. From there it went rapidly downhill, as it was located such that surgery was impossible. Only 37 years old with 1 kid, and his wife is expecting again in January. Absolutely terrible. No one should die that young.

Happened to my mates dad, thought he was having a mental breakdown as he was acting strange, last resort to check him out, month later, dead from brain tumour.....never ever seen such a quicker or heartbreaking demise....horrible

Leaks like that make an absolute mess. Shame the neighbours didn't think to turn the water off outside at the stoprooster.
I'm guessing a copper pipe in the attic burst in the cold weather? Gotta insulate all them buggers up there. Even pex pipes could go if the weather gets bad enough, and if you have a metal cold water tank up there, get rid. People have to ruggidise their houses to handle the ever worsening weather for cold, heat and rain. It is only getting worse from here.

Last edited:

Awful. Life is too unfair sometimes.

Sweet flying spaghetti monster. That bill is obscene.
Think that will be the reaction at the economic departement too, when I'm sending in my trip expenses for refund. It was a bit over the top, and way above what I'm allowed to in terms of 'greasing' customers. Above my pay grade. Quite literally!
But I sort of rescued a big deal from falling apart, so maybe they'll forgive me!

Back