• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

A very British looking bloke stabbed a child of 11 and a women in Leicester square today - If he does turn out to be British should we smash up some churches and beat some white folk?

No updates on the condition of the victims but a local employee called Abdullah was apparently a hero getting involved and kicking the knife out of the assailant's hand.

Horrendous for all involved and that is more important than any political point scoring but I do wonder what the macarons desperate to loot Gregs to "take their country back will think of it

A very British looking bloke stabbed a child of 11 and a women in Leicester square today - If he does turn out to be British should we smash up some churches and beat some white folk?

No updates on the condition of the victims but a local employee called Abdullah was apparently a hero getting involved and kicking the knife out of the assailant's hand.

Horrendous for all involved and that is more important than any political point scoring but I do wonder what the macarons desperate to loot Gregs to "take their country back will think of it

You've open the door to point scoring with your first 5 words and I'd like 1 point for spotting Greg's with a g missing.

There is a massively stark difference in output on twitter this week than in Southport which I imagine comes from no false information being put out and the guy being white so people are worried he is "british"

Maybe proves Starmers actions about online misinformation and abuse has also worked

You've open the door to point scoring with your first 5 words and I'd like 1 point for spotting Greg's with a g missing.

That is poor form, many consider me too pretentious for Greggs but the veggie sausage rolls are decent and the tea costs about a fiver less than it would in Starbucks...

Oh yeah I was acknowledging what I was doing in terms of point scoring, the main factor is that hopefully the victims are doing as well as possible. But then the difference in reaction is an interesting point on a societal level.

It's not that you have to post about absolutely everything but those who jumped at the chance to politize the Southport incident probably won't be doing the same with this one if the bloke is called Steven Smith - I made that very point to one of the rats on here peddling misinformation, whether knowingly or perhaps they're genuinely that stupid, as most things posted end up getting fact checked anyways.

Reactions: DTA
It's the level of immigration that needs addressing, always has been. Government promises to reduce net migration for the last 10 years have not materialised and it's impacting on a lot of people in this country, whether that be services, housing or whatever it needs to be sorted.
We already have a housing crisis with so many on the waiting list there's little point building 1m or so néw homes in the next 2-3 years whilst continuing to allow the levels of net immigration we've been seeing as it will never solve that problem. 'Affordable' housing is needed and by that I don't mean luxury 1 bed flats in London where you have 50% ownership for £350,000 or unscrupulous private landlords charging literally through the roof because they can, get the councils building again.
Tough decisions will have to be made, get people in from all over the world if need be who want to come to the UK for education or to fill the job roles that are vacant. Good, honest, hard working people. Refugees that have legitimate claims to stay are welcome too.
Anybody else, for now, should not be allowed in until the government sorts out the mess that previous governments have not addressed.

It's the level of immigration that needs addressing, always has been. Government promises to reduce net migration for the last 10 years have not materialised and it's impacting on a lot of people in this country, whether that be services, housing or whatever it needs to be sorted.
We already have a housing crisis with so many on the waiting list there's little point building 1m or so néw homes in the next 2-3 years whilst continuing to allow the levels of net immigration we've been seeing as it will never solve that problem. 'Affordable' housing is needed and by that I don't mean luxury 1 bed flats in London where you have 50% ownership for £350,000 or unscrupulous private landlords charging literally through the roof because they can, get the councils building again.
Tough decisions will have to be made, get people in from all over the world if need be who want to come to the UK for education or to fill the job roles that are vacant. Good, honest, hard working people. Refugees that have legitimate claims to stay are welcome too.
Anybody else, for now, should not be allowed in until the government sorts out the mess that previous governments have not addressed.
Some truth in that, perhaps - the biggest factor in public services not working for people, however, is the failed policy of austerity over 14 years. And following an economic system for 50+ years which maximises profit for those at the top and gradually reduces the living standards of workers.

But isn't that exactly what makes up the incoming immigation numbers? Workers on visa schemes, students, and those who succeed in claming asylum? Anybody else is not given leave to remain.

That is poor form, many consider me too pretentious for Greggs but the veggie sausage rolls are decent and the tea costs about a fiver less than it would in Starbucks...

Oh yeah I was acknowledging what I was doing in terms of point scoring, the main factor is that hopefully the victims are doing as well as possible. But then the difference in reaction is an interesting point on a societal level.

It's not that you have to post about absolutely everything but those who jumped at the chance to politize the Southport incident probably won't be doing the same with this one if the bloke is called Steven Smith - I made that very point to one of the rats on here peddling misinformation, whether knowingly or perhaps they're genuinely that stupid, as most things posted end up getting fact checked anyways.

Are you saying only white English men can be called Steven Smith?
That's very radical.
Steven Smith is fine, but I'm not sure I would be so comfortable if they were Stephen Smythe.

Absolutely top post.

But isn't that exactly what makes up the incoming immigation numbers? Workers on visa schemes, students, and those who succeed in claming asylum? Anybody else is not given leave to remain.
It is but net migration has run into the 100,000s each year for the past decade or more. It's reached a level that needs resolving.

There is a massively stark difference in output on twitter this week than in Southport which I imagine comes from no false information being put out and the guy being white so people are worried he is "british"

Maybe proves Starmers actions about online misinformation and abuse has also worked
It is almost like the right-wing outrage was generated in a coordinated manner by malign actors.

It is but net migration has run into the 100,000s each year for the past decade or more. It's reached a level that needs resolving.
I don't disagree. Just pointing out that the things you said would be acceptable are exactly the things that are happening now.

If we want to lower the immigration numbers, then we need to train people here to do the skilled jobs that currently need overseas workers to fill.
That will take time (at least Labour have said they want to do this, whether it happens remains to be seen) but it may also mean we have to be willing to pay more for goods and services (and companies have to be willing to pay their staff more).because the 'native' population is not going to accept the lower wages that immigrants often have to.
Blaming immigration for our woes is misplaced (not saying you were). It's choices made by politicians that have put us where we are.

Housing issue is we’re an island - land costs more and someone has to pay for it. We import a LOT and materials now too

NHS issue is that there has been negative investment in the functionality’s and backbone whilst it generally is a wasteful organisation with tinkle poor administrative practises in a lot of cases

Immigration hasn’t caused issues with either and is fact the backbone in the NHS and was the same too in the house building sector until the eastern Europeans returned home

I don't think many would disagree with most of this post TBH.
The whole concept of 'affordable housing' in this capitalism-on-steroids society is laughable for sure. And I agree, building 1m or so new homes without proper affordability is ludicrous.

But I personally believe the single biggest enemy is the imbalanced levels of wealth which exist, versus the ludicrous lack of fiscal responsibility the uber wealthy actually shoulder. We are constantly sold on the merits of giving corporations 'massive tax breaks' on the basis there will be some kind of 'trickle down economic' effect which sees their investment largesse and lack of taxes make its way to the working classes and general society. Instead, we see these corporations squeeze even more from their profit margins and offer even less to the workforce.

I believe the biggest issue with the immigration question is the concept that no-one is seriously discussing it or trying to create workable solutions for all. It's constantly part of the discussion. The bigger issue for me here is that we had a psychotic Tory government who fudged everything on several angles, and actually weaponised immigration and tried to turn it into the 'major' problem. I think a quick look at the lack of proper investment in public services/in some cases choosing bricky unscrupulous contractors to fulfil said-services, is a massive, massive issue. One of the bigger problems I personally had with Cameron was how he dressed Brexit up as 'the answer' to everything and specifically allowed 'immigration' to become a part of the narrative when it had no place in what he was doing. He has a lot to answer for to a lot of people in my opinion, ditto Farage, but that's another discussion.

Appreciate the post mate, interested to see the discussion which follows.

Housing issue is we’re an island - land costs more and someone has to pay for it. We import a LOT and materials now too

NHS issue is that there has been negative investment in the functionality’s and backbone whilst it generally is a wasteful organisation with tinkle poor administrative practises in a lot of cases

Immigration hasn’t caused issues with either and is fact the backbone in the NHS and was the same too in the house building sector until the eastern Europeans returned home

I think the NHS's issues also stem from some exceptionally poor sub-contract choices/thieves in place.

Twitter right now is xtreme and then some
It’s grim
Thee is nothing if real value on there other keeling contact with certain folk
It’s been taking over by the nutters and the robots
It is pretty much unrecognisable from the the pre-Musk days. Musk uses it now as his personal echo chamber. Stuff he agrees with promoted by the algorithms and stuff he doesn't like throttled. Free speech my ass. It might collapse in on itself soon, or the EU might give it helping hand. I see they have warned Musk about the upcoming Trump interview.

However the point I was making what more to do with the recent far-right riots which are far from organic. The is a coordinated network of hate underlying all of this.

Back