• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

So, what result would suit us best for L'Arse tonight?

A win and they play on Saturday at home (again) to Watford and are 90mins away from another FA Cup semi-final. Their game vs Brom is re-arranged possibly leading to fixture congestion but also perhaps leading to the game being played when Brom are safe (and possibly less bothered/motivated, not forgetting that Pulis has lost every game he's played at The Emirates).

A loss and likely no trophy BUT time to concentrate on their games in the run-in week-by-week. Though the boos and pressure will be even more pronounced..

A win and they play on Saturday at home (again) to Watford and are 90mins away from another FA Cup semi-final. Their game vs Brom is re-arranged possibly leading to fixture congestion but also perhaps leading to the game being played when Brom are safe (and possibly less bothered/motivated, not forgetting that Pulis has lost every game he's played at The Emirates).

A loss and likely no trophy BUT time to concentrate on their games in the run-in week-by-week. Though the boos and pressure will be even more pronounced..
For me, I want them to lose tonight (as I always do, of course). I don't want any chance of them winning the FA Cup. Coming back to gain the draw at the weekend, followed by a win tonight, would be a confidence booster for them. Losing tonight, to a championship team, means they will be under pressure next game at the Emirates. Struggle to get an early lead against West Brom, and that crowd will turn on them quickly.
I get the point about the potential fixture congestion but, given that they will be out of the CL (assumption), the impact of fitting in a mid week game is probably fairly minimal.
Trouble is, do Hull want the distraction of the FA Cup when they have a good shot at an automatic promotion slot?

For me, I want them to lose tonight (as I always do, of course). I don't want any chance of them winning the FA Cup. Coming back to gain the draw at the weekend, followed by a win tonight, would be a confidence booster for them. Losing tonight, to a championship team, means they will be under pressure next game at the Emirates. Struggle to get an early lead against West Brom, and that crowd will turn on them quickly.
I get the point about the potential fixture congestion but, given that they will be out of the CL (assumption), the impact of fitting in a mid week game is probably fairly minimal.
Trouble is, do Hull want the distraction of the FA Cup when they have a good shot at an automatic promotion slot?

0-0 out on penalties after extra time - sending off and a few injuries would be lovely

Very good points, especially the bolded bit. So Come on you Tigers (as futile as that is, Bruce is a very brick manager...oh well one can only hope...)

Whether they win the cup or not makes no difference to me, it's a Mickey Mouse trophy. An extra game could prove useful though.

Only
Whether they win the cup or not makes no difference to me, it's a Mickey Mouse trophy. An extra game could prove useful though.

Yes. But the prospect of them 'doing the double' is still a distinct possibility, and that would feel sickly

Extra time and a late goal due to a mistake by the Arsenal goalkeeper would be excellent for their confidence.

They would become the first club since the 1880s to win it three times in a row, significant bragging rights I'd say.

Although, if we won the european cup and the Premier League...

Hull win = Negative spiral.

Back