• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I don't know, it's been an on-going mystery to me since 1967.

Believe... This is Pochettino. This is a new Spurs :)

I've said all along it would probably swing back and forth regardless. Now we're down in a slump after looking high as a kite after our 6 wins in a row. Neither is all decisive though and things can change again. We'll have to pick up some big results in tough matches to make this happen, but that's absolutely a possibility with this team.

Leicester are being handed the title because people can't see where they will drop points. In this crazy league that's madness. Anyone can take points off anyone, I can see four games were it wouldnt be a surprise if they dropped points in two of them.

It's a two horse race, Leicester and us, no other team is showing anything like the form needed to overtake both of us.

I'm stil confident we will win the league.

Leicester are being handed the title because people can't see where they will drop points. In this crazy league that's madness. Anyone can take points off anyone, I can see four games were it wouldnt be a surprise if they dropped points in two of them.

It's a two horse race, Leicester and us, no other team is showing anything like the form needed to overtake both of us.

I'm stil confident we will win the league.

Agree, except I think both City and Arsenal are still in it (though as outsiders). Crazy season and essentially any team mid-table up is capable of putting together a 9 game run that would be good enough for one of the top 4 to win it. If anyone will is another question...

6 points from the next 6, i am sure if we can do that things will have changed with the other sides around us.

My ambition is to watch Spurs build a good team and improve year on year, above all else. If we win it simply brilliant! CL qualification brilliant!
But we have achieved so much this season with Pochettino's guidance it is quite remarkable!
We are not spending our way past Arsenal, we are playing our way past them, you will not see bids of £70m for the Aubameyang's of this world from us this summer. That must send that whole club crazy with doubt.
We are not Leicester because our success has been orchestrated and planned. Renieri has not a clue why he has done so well, its an example of why people buy lottery tickets.

Im now a happy Spurs as we taken another step forward this season and there's no luck involved, just a lot bloody hard work from a excellent bunch of young tryers.

can you post this again so I can give it another like, one is far from enough

I'm liking the positivity in this thread, I must say I was very down following the game on Saturday.

At some point Leicester need to slip. Surely. It's just crazy that they haven't needed to deal with any real adversity all season when all other teams have. It's just quite bizarre that all rules of consistency, quality of player, wages spent, injuries, experience and everything else just haven't applied to them. Particularly when they don't seem to have implemented a strict or rigorous system or indeed changed that much from last year's relegation battle. Are they truly just very lucky? Is motivation and team spirit + confidence just so high for them right now that it beats out everything else?

At the least this can't be sustainable for Leicester. Not that they will care though. If they win the league and next year get relegated they can dine out on the most unlikely league title win for the rest of their lives. But crikey they really do deserve to have some sort of slip this year rather than having every single thing go their way!

And if they do, we can do it. Man United are no great shakes and we can beat them at home. Chelsea are not what they were and we can beat them away. Liverpool are a picture of inconsistency and we are a much better team. Everyone else we can beat too.

COYMFS!!!!!!

Like all of us I went through a lot of emotions on Saturday, from mild frustration at 0-1 as I knew we'd come back, to furiously demanding their heads on a plate at 2-1 up and hoping for a 6-1 smashing, and back to frustration again.
Having said that, and reflecting on what I wrote one or two seasons ago about the long term perspective I have to say I must agree with StephenH above and just be happy with the season overall. If we finish 2nd, fine. We are moving into a new stadium with a young and hungry squad who will only get better. I have had so many great moments already this season, 2-2 in the NLD won't hold me down. In fact, it often ends in a draw anyway.

As for the race, there will be many more twists and turns yet.

We must be realistic - fatigue could well play a huge part in the rest of our season. Dele Alli has already made 43 appearances!

A bit like the team?:D

Only joking! It is good to stay positive (i mostly am) BUT you have to also understand those who worry they are watching a similar film to the ones seen in 1986-87, 1989-90, 2005-06, 2011-12 and 2012-13...

Seen them all. 1981-82 was quite similar. Luckily we stumbled to an FA Cup win after being in with a real shout of 4 trophies

Back