• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

With us he hasn't lost many at all and it's why it's that bit harder winning the league as a London side IMO

I have always thought that, rightly or wrongly the fact that we play so many London derbies does make it harder for us. However saying that it has not stopped Chelski on a couple of occasions but there are other factors involved in their titles.

I know it's embedded in our dna as spurs fans but I think the players deserve more than their own fans thinking they can choke after all they've done up to now. Let's not even contemplate it.

All year we have marvelled at the fantastic football we've played, probably the best in the league. Let's not doubt them now.

We're gonna win the f*cking title!

I hope you are this season's Spooky?

Think I am right in saying it was the former poster who insisted all along we would finish in the Top 4 in 2010 when it began to look ominous and he stayed positive.

Hopefully you will be this season's voice of positivity leading us pessimists to the promised land

F*ck sake lads. Pull your sh*t together. We will finish the season with a bang. Greatest. Season. Ever.
While the last two games have been bitterly disappointed you are spot on, Diego. Cast your minds back to the start of the season and the expectations we had. We are second in the league and I firmly believe we will be even better next year.

F*ck sake lads. Pull your sh*t together. We will finish the season with a bang. Greatest. Season. Ever.

Indeed its only 5 points. Remember this in 2011/12. If Ferguson's United can do it anyone can throw it away.

TIVxkJO.png

tYP9frE.png

I think the media are already almost giving Leicester the title which is in turn being recycled by fans up and down the country. I think they have to be 5 points clear going into the last 3 fixtures if they really feel they can win it. Any slip in those 3 games combined with a win for those 5-6 points behind will leave them needing to probably win both games against Everton and Chelsea..........that is a big ask under pressure.

I can see them dropping points at Palace despite their form given how awkward and negative Palace are and I can see Southampton and West Ham taking something from them before they reach those games. That is 3 games plus the 3 at the end. I really think that we can still be in with a shout as long as the gap is as it is now going into the last 3-4 fixtures.

I think they will drop points before then but I'm sure we will as well. Don't expect to win all 3 of Man Utd (home), Liverpool and Stoke (both away) for instance.

I think they will drop points before then but I'm sure we will as well. Don't expect to win all 3 of Man Utd (home), Liverpool and Stoke (both away) for instance.

You would ha e to agree with that although I'd add that :

United are all over the place on and off the pitch and will probably need to actually have a shot against us this time to get anything

Liverpool won't have the bounce of Klopps first game - but it's not a ground we do well at and currently neither are they

Stoke were absolutely battered off the park with a full strength side against us (but some new players settling) and can be very very good to not interested depending on the game

You cannot predict many games at the moment with confidence

The old adage of concentrating purely on the next game is the right one....

Win the next league game and we'll still be second, win the one after and we're guaranteed to still be second and we might even be first.

Repeat until end of season.
Exactly"....."....".............................never say die.......

It really seems like you have to read these independent blog articles to get anything good written about football these days. Finally a voice of reason! Newspaper and TV journalists seem to thrive on the short sighted sensationalist narrative being repeated to the point where it gets all too predictable. How they get away with it is beyond me. Real football fans seem way more informed these days than only a few years ago. It's about time the journalists start to take their profession seriously and write something worthwhile, instead of the preconceived brick they keep regurgitating.

So spot on to the writer! Well written and a little light in a long and dark tunnell. :)

They do make you laugh. In one breath, the journos are talking about how exciting it is for Leicester to be front-runners, and in the next, they're revealing their impatience for the gap to be reduced to nothing and the plutocracy restored.

it's a funny one, I know I should be loving that the order is being upset, but I can't

this season's PL is illogical, therefore it is bad

I have always thought that, rightly or wrongly the fact that we play so many London derbies does make it harder for us. However saying that it has not stopped Chelski on a couple of occasions but there are other factors involved in their titles.
Only we and some smaller teams properly hate Chelsea - Arsenal reserve their real hatred for us and Utd. Only we really hate Arsenal - Chelsea are nowhere near our level there. Nobody hates West Ham, they're just not significant enough.

I even met a Watford fan the other day who considers their matches against us a derby!

We have far more derbies to play than any other team.

Only we and some smaller teams properly hate Chelsea - Arsenal reserve their real hatred for us and Utd. Only we really hate Arsenal - Chelsea are nowhere near our level there. Nobody hates West Ham, they're just not significant enough.

I even met a Watford fan the other day who considers their matches against us a derby!

We have far more derbies to play than any other team.

and lets not forget that clubs like southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and liverpool all hate us as well, and city for some reason

in fact, I think everyone hates us, jealousy I assume

and lets not forget that clubs like southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and liverpool all hate us as well, and city for some reason

in fact, I think everyone hates us, jealousy I assume

City hate us because we had a long period where they couldn't get a win and we beat them in their main final of their adult memories

Southampton hate us because we poached all their top players, coaches etc...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine is jealousy as they genuinely believe their on our level

Liverpoo because there at our level now

For most these teams it's jealousy. They have a problem with us thinking we're bigger than them because we were at their level throughout the 90s and now we're poaching their best players. We are deluded for thinking we're a better side, despite finishing regularly in the top 6 for a decade now.

Back