• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I heard Meatsucker and Gabriel went off. Nothing trivial I hope?
So did Ramsey. Good night all around as they now have to play this coming Saturday. Cue Whinger complaining about the state of the Hull pitch, the lack of protection from referees and a fixture pile-up.

Double is on for them for sure. If Leicester dont win the league they will. FA cup they always get a good cup draw

Whether they win the cup or not makes no difference to me, it's a Mickey Mouse trophy. An extra game could prove useful though.

One could say the same about the Europa League. They are both trophies at the end of the day. I'm quite upset that we don't put more effort into trying to win the FA Cup personally.

Indeed, there have been a lot of myths built up by fans about the strain put on the players by playing in the EL and they have been used as excuses for to long. If we are EVER to be seen as a top club then we will have to play in Europe and deal with it.

The one big difference is playing in the Europa League means playing a day later than your rivals who play on Saturday. As others have said, it's not the travel, it's the interuption of routine that gets the players. IMO, it puts us at a disadvantage playing a day later as it puts us under more pressure.

The one big difference is playing in the Europa League means playing a day later than your rivals who play on Saturday. As others have said, it's not the travel, it's the interuption of routine that gets the players. IMO, it puts us at a disadvantage playing a day later as it puts us under more pressure.
It's the routine that I've heard the majority of complains about

The travelling is bad... The season Chelsea won ten champs league we did more miles in the group stage than they did the whole champions league comp !!!

One could say the same about the Europa League. They are both trophies at the end of the day. I'm quite upset that we don't put more effort into trying to win the FA Cup personally.

One could, but one would be wrong. League titles and European trophies are what matters. Domestic cups means diddly squat.

Anyone else hoping Mclaren stays for a bit longer and they're done & dusted by the time we travel to SJP for the final game of the season?

Anyone else hoping Mclaren stays for a bit longer and they're done & dusted by the time we travel to SJP for the final game of the season?
Actually I hope they go on a good run and are quite safe by the time we play them. Wouldn't want to face them if they're already relegated. Players might still have something to prove or auditioning for a new team.

Let's not turn this thread into a duplicate of discussions that are happening in General. Please stick to our title challenge/push for a top four place.

In a thread on RAWK about The Title Race, a response to a poster who said they'd be happy if "anyone but Spurs" won the title:

RAWK Poster said said:
I agree. Of course like everyone else I'd rather Leicester won it for the romance and drama, but also because long-term they're not a real threat to us. Second choice would be City because a title win doesn't really change anything for them. Then maybe Arsenal, which I would hate because their fans are gobbricks but might be tolerable because looking at it with a 5-year perspective, eventually Wenger is going to retire and that could throw them into chaos a la Man Utd and a title win might be just the thing that causes him to go off into the sunset on a high.

But Spurs are a real existential threat to Liverpool in the medium- to long-term. They've finished ahead of us most of the past 5 years, and we might be nearing a tipping point where they would start to (I say "start to," this wouldn't switch overnight) be perceived as a bigger club than us by younger or foreign players and fans. A title win this season would accelerate that perception to a large degree. We need 1)Klopp to be a big success over the next 3-5 years, which is likely, and 2)for Spurs to fall away somewhat. The best thing for us is a near miss by Tottenham with a late collapse, followed by Pochettino going somewhere else (preferably overseas or Chelsea, where he'd be sacked in 2 years before he has time to set up anything long-term).

The trend with Spurs moving closer to us in stature is far from reversible, a trophy or two under Klopp and back-to-back seasons finishing ahead of them and any nascent ideas they may have had of becoming a bigger club than us are probably quashed for a while, but it's starting to look like a possibility. Them winning the title (and they still have a real chance) would be the worst of the possible options.

Interesting self-awareness shown....thoughts?

Thoughts.......a sensible person masquerading as a scouser.

He is right mind you, except I don't see klopp being anything other than average there.

Saw a stat this weekend that no team has ever won the PL with as few points as Arsenal have now. Think the lowest was 54 or something.

Which is reassuring...also they've already lost 7 games and you have to go back to when the PL was a 22 team division in 1995 when Blackburn won for the last time a league winner lost more than 6 game.
All great stuff!

In a thread on RAWK about The Title Race, a response to a poster who said they'd be happy if "anyone but Spurs" won the title:

Interesting self-awareness shown....thoughts?

Reasonable self awareness although a bit too much 'Klopp is going to be a success because!' and 'There is a cat in hells chance of Poch leaving to join Chelsea' for my liking.

One could, but one would be wrong. League titles and European trophies are what matters. Domestic cups means diddly squat.

The Europa League includes teams that have failed in the CL. You get through the group stage and you are still not even in the last 16! I would love to win it, but lets not make it out to be some highly prestigious trophy with the FA cup being worthless.

and lets not forget that clubs like southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and liverpool all hate us as well, and city for some reason

in fact, I think everyone hates us, jealousy I assume

1981...My ex-boss was a City fan and told me regularly that he hated Spurs. They still haven't got over it. Every time he came to visit I used to say 'Rob, let it go mate it's been 30 years'

I knew ours were, but only just noticed every Leicester match in April is televised too.

Although not announced I would assume our match v Soton and theirs v Everton on 7th/8th May will get chosen too

Back