• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

err....it is...and might i remind you Arsenal are in the title race as well...:rolleyes:

Arsenal arent in a title race. Look at the last 9 games.

2StAVsQ.png

The only reason people think they in the title race is because people think they are a big team. If Sunderland were sitting were they are, people would be saying they cant hang on to top 4.

Its more likely that Liverpool in 7th place 8 points behind Arsenal pass Arsenal rather than Arsenal somehow getting their brick together and winning every game between now and the end of the season.

Last edited:
Arsenal are in no more of a title race. Look at the last 9 games

2StAVsQ.png

The only reason people think they in the title race is because people think they are a big team. If Sunderland were sitting were they are, people would be saying they cant hang on to top 4.

Yes, but they are also a team that have shown that they can go on a consecutive winning run, as much as it pains us to remember in 2011-12 and 2012-13.
I think in the end they will NOT win it but they ARE in the title race as things currently stand

Yes, but they are also a team that have shown that they can go on a consecutive winning run, as much as it pains us to remember in 2011-12 and 2012-13.
I think in the end they will NOT win it but they ARE in the title race as things currently stand

I don't see how a team can go from 2 wins in their last 9 to the 7 or 8 wins in the next 9 that they need.

They are not a team that can go on a run of wins,as a club, in the past they have been able to but that TEAM don't have a great history of it do they?

Well, Scum is only three points behind us, and we're only five points behind the top, so clearly they're still in the title race. I assume you're kind of joking, but is there really a reason to even discuss that? :p

Well, Scum is only three points behind us, and we're only five points behind the top, so clearly they're still in the title race. I assume you're kind of joking, but is there really a reason to even discuss that? :p

We are the two form teams in the league.
Our chance of winning it is based on keeping on plugging away while hoping somehow Leicester fudge it up. If Leicester win 5 of their next 9 they'll win it.

This sums up the current Arsenal team. Ducking instead of closing down in the fudging NLD

Yes, but this isn't the same Arsenal team, that was 5-6 years ago. Things change.

That was 3 and 4 seasons ago...yes things change, but in Arsenal's case not that much (see their transfer policy).
In fact, they have probably got marginally better with the additions of Ozil and Sanchez..

That was 3 and 4 seasons ago...yes things change, but in Arsenal's case not that much (see their transfer policy).
In fact, they have probably got marginally better with the additions of Ozil and Sanchez..
The table would say different, and ultimately the important season is this one.
What happened in the past is no longer relevant.

The table would say different, and ultimately the important season is this one.
What happened in the past is no longer relevant.

The table is only relevant on the last day or near the end. The table might say they are third now, but who knows what it will say at the end of the season?

Let's hope what has happened in the past is indeed no longer relevant - we all know what we've been like in title run-ins in the past after all....

We are the two form teams in the league.
Our chance of winning it is based on keeping on plugging away while hoping somehow Leicester fudge it up. If Leicester win 5 of their next 9 they'll win it.

This sums up the current Arsenal team. Ducking instead of closing down in the fudgeing NLD

Yes, but form can change. Just because we've been one of the two best teams over the past 10 games doesn't mean we're going to be one of the best two teams over the next ten games (and vice versa with Le Scum). They've been in a bit of a rut, but salvaged a point against us, and got through in the cup during mid-week. Who knows? They might be on the way up.

Anyways, the point is, there's too many points to play for still, and they're just three points behind us - you just can't write them off. Still, to this day, I dread the "mind the gap"-mantra from a few years back, when we fudged it up big-time. Yes, we're a different team now, and they're a different team now. But football is sometimes about margins, luck, refereeing decisions, form etc. And in the end, you never know what's going to happen (especially in the PL this season, which just doesn't seem to follow the rules).

Yes, but form can change. Just because we've been one of the two best teams over the past 10 games doesn't mean we're going to be one of the best two teams over the next ten games (and vice versa with Le Scum). They've been in a bit of a rut, but salvaged a point against us, and got through in the cup during mid-week. Who knows? They might be on the way up.

Anyways, the point is, there's too many points to play for still, and they're just three points behind us - you just can't write them off. Still, to this day, I dread the "mind the gap"-mantra from a few years back, when we fudgeed it up big-time. Yes, we're a different team now, and they're a different team now. But football is sometimes about margins, luck, refereeing decisions, form etc. And in the end, you never know what's going to happen (especially in the PL this season, which just doesn't seem to follow the rules).

And yet Leicester managed that feat last season

Here's I say Arsenal are out of it. Even if they get 22 points from the last 27 like Leicester did at the end of last season that only puts them on 74 points.
Leicester need only 14 points from 27 to get 74 points. Thats just W4 D2 L3.
They don't just need to go on an incredible run they need Leicester to pretty much collapse too.

Here's I say Arsenal are out of it. Even if they get 22 points from the last 27 like Leicester did at the end of last season that only puts them on 74 points.
Leicester need only 14 points from 27 to get 74 points. Thats just W4 D2 L3.
They don't just need to go on an incredible run they need Leicester to pretty much collapse too.

Bit too early for these kinds of calculations for my liking. A single result is a huge swing in this. Dropping from 8 to 5 or even 6 points this weekend or next round after that and the calculation looks so different.

No team in the top 4 is out of it. If City win their game in hand, they jump to third and 2 points behind Spurs. If Leicester proceed to lose 2 of their remaining fixtures, c'est fini.

It is March - we cant tell who will win the league. Spurs should focus on THEIR matches and ignore the hullabaloo about where we are in the league.

Back