• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Anyone worried about the top 4 (there are those people out there). We have never been as many points clear team of the team challenging the Champion's League places with 9 games to go. This would be our greatest ever fudge up from this stage to miss top 4.

You only went and said it.....

Yeah I think it all went wrong when this thread was changed from the Race for Top 4 to Race for the Title, a Mod is to blame..........

Ive conceded the title but I really cannot see us dropping any further than 3rd... I dont see any major signs of tiredness, just that we have played 2 of the top 6 in a week. We could easily have had 4pts we ended up with 1.

Nobody else are showing any signs of winning 9 in a row as shown by Utd. Have no doubts we have enough to beat Villa and Bournemouth with rotated teams. We should go to Dortmund compete with them and see where we are after that.

I was ok with us dropping out of FA and Carling cup when we did as they werent the priority at that point. However the Europa is interesting now and we should be going to win it

Ive conceded the title but I really cannot see us dropping any further than 3rd... I dont see any major signs of tiredness, just that we have played 2 of the top 6 in a week. We could easily have had 4pts we ended up with 1.

Nobody else are showing any signs of winning 9 in a row as shown by Utd. Have no doubts we have enough to beat Villa and Bournemouth with rotated teams. We should go to Dortmund compete with them and see where we are after that.

I was ok with us dropping out of FA and Carling cup when we did as they werent the priority at that point. However the Europa is interesting now and we should be going to win it

Tow linen derbies where we're too dogs for once too

Lets just concentrate on Dortmund, then Villa away and see how the land lies after that.

Its more than possible teams just behind us will slip up, i think the only one who wont is Leicester. Have Paddy Power paid out on them winning the league yet?

Well it looks like some fans have lost their bottle.

A bit like the team?:D

Only joking! It is good to stay positive (i mostly am) BUT you have to also understand those who worry they are watching a similar film to the ones seen in 1986-87, 1989-90, 2005-06, 2011-12 and 2012-13...

Other teams manage Europe and to mount title challenges in the same year with a core of 17-18 players. We're quite injury free and have a team with mostly interchangeable parts, so I don't see why Europe should be a hindrance to our title/top 4 challenge. It's more mental than physical at this stage and I think this team has the fortitude to see, at a minimum,a top 4 through.

Indeed, there have been a lot of myths built up by fans about the strain put on the players by playing in the EL and they have been used as excuses for to long. If we are EVER to be seen as a top club then we will have to play in Europe and deal with it.

Indeed, there have been a lot of myths built up by fans about the strain put on the players by playing in the EL and they have been used as excuses for to long. If we are EVER to be seen as a top club then we will have to play in Europe and deal with it.

Agreed; AVB was so right on this point.
Dealing with EL is harder than dealing with CL though. If we make CL (as i expect we should) i think we'll actually have the potential to juggle both better.

I think the media are already almost giving Leicester the title which is in turn being recycled by fans up and down the country. I think they have to be 5 points clear going into the last 3 fixtures if they really feel they can win it. Any slip in those 3 games combined with a win for those 5-6 points behind will leave them needing to probably win both games against Everton and Chelsea..........that is a big ask under pressure.

I can see them dropping points at Palace despite their form given how awkward and negative Palace are and I can see Southampton and West Ham taking something from them before they reach those games. That is 3 games plus the 3 at the end. I really think that we can still be in with a shout as long as the gap is as it is now going into the last 3-4 fixtures.

My ambition is to watch Spurs build a good team and improve year on year, above all else. If we win it simply brilliant! CL qualification brilliant!
But we have achieved so much this season with Pochettino's guidance it is quite remarkable!
We are not spending our way past Arsenal, we are playing our way past them, you will not see bids of £70m for the Aubameyang's of this world from us this summer. That must send that whole club crazy with doubt.
We are not Leicester because our success has been orchestrated and planned. Renieri has not a clue why he has done so well, its an example of why people buy lottery tickets.

Im now a happy Spurs fan as we have taken another step forward this season and there's no luck involved, just a lot bloody hard work from a excellent bunch of young tryers.

Last edited:
Back