• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

There's 27 points still up for grabs this is far from over we could still win the league, by the same token we could also still miss out on top 4. Take each game as it comes, our next two league fixtures you'd expect us to win, lets see where we stand heading into April.

I do agree with this, I have said before I believe we are not ( yet) good enough to win the Prem and there is still a lot of games to go.

It will be a dogfight to the end we could finish 6th as much as 1st .I think we will finish 4th personally we have had to play at 100% to get where we are now wheras the scum and City haven't been at more than 60% and they are still hanging in there.I don't want to see any 1st players playing on Thurs .Yes its will be Villa away but we can't and mustn't take the 3 points for granted.

I don't want to see any 1st players playing on Thurs

Think you will be disappointed. Poch will play the strongest team with Vorm maybe, and the switch of wingers as normal...

We have more than enough to cope with Thursday and Sunday. We need to play our strongest team and get a decent result to bring home. Dortmund are beatable and with a good result in the first leg we could progress. Without taking Villa lightly, I would expect a rotated side to win against them given how low on confidence they are. They lost 4-0 yesterday, their fans are walking out on 74 minutes, the manager seems to have no idea how to motivate the squad, he also seems like he was fed a line before joining.

For me, strongest possible side against Dortmund with the strongest possible side against Villa with slight rotation if required. Winning over two legs against a side like Borussia Dortmund would do our confidence absolute wonders for the run in...........a deflating first leg result could do exactly the opposite.

Just out of interest and slightly off topic. Are we the most hated team in London and why? Or do Chelsea hate west ham and arsenal as much as us, do west ham hate arsenal as much as us? Seems that we generate a lot of passionate hate from all three of them and they all look to step it up against us. Maybe thats just my perception. I guess their all jealous.
Yes..the other three Whu,Arse, scum sea regard us as their main rivals..
So we have to deal with it.......

Anyone worried about the top 4 (there are those people out there). We have never been as many points clear team of the team challenging the Champion's League places with 9 games to go. This would be our greatest ever fudge up from this stage to miss top 4.

Tough games coming up - Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I dont envy Poch. I am tempted to tell him to focus on one - pref the EPL.

We have more than enough to cope with Thursday and Sunday. We need to play our strongest team and get a decent result to bring home. Dortmund are beatable and with a good result in the first leg we could progress. Without taking Villa lightly, I would expect a rotated side to win against them given how low on confidence they are. They lost 4-0 yesterday, their fans are walking out on 74 minutes, the manager seems to have no idea how to motivate the squad, he also seems like he was fed a line before joining.

For me, strongest possible side against Dortmund with the strongest possible side against Villa with slight rotation if required. Winning over two legs against a side like Borussia Dortmund would do our confidence absolute wonders for the run in...........a deflating first leg result could do exactly the opposite.

Could not agree more.

I think we have to worry about finishing top 4 rather than going for the title. We have by far the toughest set of fixtures left. We lose 3 out if the last 9 we could finish outside of the top 4 which will be a disaster.

Anyone worried about the top 4 (there are those people out there). We have never been as many points clear team of the team challenging the Champion's League places with 9 games to go. This would be our greatest ever fudge up from this stage to miss top 4.

I am one of them. Cant help it

And to be blow it now, would rank along with the blowing 10pts gap. But if it could happen to any team, the chances are it would be us.

Todays United defeat was massive for us, but until today I didnt realise how easy Liverpool's run-in is. 6 at home; 4 away at Bournemouth,Soton,Swansea and WBA. They have just become as big as a threat as United with the wins v City and Palace (4pts extra I didnt see them getting to out them in the mix).

I think maybe them beating United in the EL might be the better outcome. They have a blank weekend next weekend, meaning they have to fit 2 rearranged home atches in the latter weeks (Chelsea and Everton at home) and progression in the EL means they will be struggling to fit them in

I think we have to worry about finishing top 4 rather than going for the title. We have by far the toughest set of fixtures left. We lose 3 out if the last 9 we could finish outside of the top 4 which will be a disaster.

Win the next two and we are halfway there. Avoid defeat v Liverpool and United and we can almost touch it

Maybe i am seeing a different team.We play a high pressure high energy style .I see plenty of players closer to being knackered than fully fit.Why would we want more fixtures.We have a slight advantage by having a game next week when others will have congestion later on. lets not lose it by tiring out the squad on a futile exercise in Dortmund.If we were 5-6th I would think differently but we are a good second at the moment we shipped 5 points last week we need to focus on that.

Maybe i am seeing a different team.We play a high pressure high energy style .I see plenty of players closer to being knackered than fully fit.Why would we want more fixtures.We have a slight advantage by having a game next week when others will have congestion later on. lets not lose it by tiring out the squad on a futile exercise in Dortmund.If we were 5-6th I would think differently but we are a good second at the moment we shipped 5 points last week we need to focus on that.

I agree, I have seen comments by Alli, Lamela and Son talking about tiredness now. Lets go to one game a week and give ourselves our best chance of doing something good this season.

we could finish outside of the top 4 which will be a disaster.

Disagree. Hugely disappointing yes but we have missed the CL spots before. Pretty sure we will keep the spine of the team even if we finish 5th. Add a pacey winger and maybe we could improve next season. I am starting to worry about WHam's run, fact is anything can happen and probably will.....

It is a really hard one - the EL conundrum. In a way I wish we'd gone out a couple of rounds ago. We'd have probably had more in the tank for wham and scum games, and Poch wouldn't have a decision to make re. squad rotation.

While we're in the cup we want to win it; but effectively that means we're diluting our efforts in both competitions. We should rotate on Thursday imo, and try and get a result with squad players.

Last edited:
we could finish outside of the top 4 which will be a disaster.

Disagree. Hugely disappointing yes but we have missed the CL spots before. Pretty sure we will keep the spine of the team even if we finish 5th. Add a pacey winger and maybe we could improve next season. I am starting to worry about WHam's run, fact is anything can happen and probably will.....
I hear you but from this position it would be a huge body blow to the club. From de facto title challengers to Europa League qualifiers would almost certainly have ramifications on the playing side and commercial side. It is not only about who you have, but who you can attract. You might rightly think that CL qualification was not a set-in-stone target Poch had to meet at the start of the season, but now we find ourselves in this position the background music has changed. To not qualify for the CL now would just add to a list of near misses that is painful for every Spurs fan to read.

Call it a disaster or disappointing or whatever, but to not qualify now would be yet another massive opportunity lost. In saying all that I am 68% confident we will qualify for the CL. 26% confident we will finish above Arsenal and 6% confident we will win the league.

Other teams manage Europe and to mount title challenges in the same year with a core of 17-18 players. We're quite injury free and have a team with mostly interchangeable parts, so I don't see why Europe should be a hindrance to our title/top 4 challenge. It's more mental than physical at this stage and I think this team has the fortitude to see, at a minimum,a top 4 through.

I hear you but from this position it would be a huge body blow to the club. From de facto title challengers to Europa League qualifiers would almost certainly have ramifications on the playing side and commercial side. It is not only about who you have, but who you can attract. You might rightly think that CL qualification was not a set-in-stone target Poch had to meet at the start of the season, but now we find ourselves in this position the background music has changed. To not qualify for the CL now would just add to a list of near misses that is painful for every Spurs fan to read.

Call it a disaster or disappointing or whatever, but to not qualify now would be yet another massive opportunity lost. In saying all that I am 68% confident we will qualify for the CL. 26% confident we will finish above Arsenal and 6% confident we will win the league.

Agree. Had we been sitting 4th for the last few weeks and well say 9/10pts off the top spot, then finsihing 5th or 6th would still be heralded a success, but as you correctly point out to finish 5th or 6th now would be another bodyblow.
Knowing we had a chance to win the title and missing out would be a touch disappointing now, but to not secure a Top 4 spot with having had a 10pts gap with 11 to go, well I dont think we would ever lose 'that tag' which shall not be mentioned again

Agree. Had we been sitting 4th for the last few weeks and well say 9/10pts off the top spot, then finsihing 5th or 6th would still be heralded a success, but as you correctly point out to finish 5th or 6th now would be another bodyblow.
Knowing we had a chance to win the title and missing out would be a touch disappointing now, but to not secure a Top 4 spot with having had a 10pts gap with 11 to go, well I dont think we would ever lose 'that tag' which shall not be mentioned again

I know it's embedded in our dna as spurs fans but I think the players deserve more than their own fans thinking they can choke after all they've done up to now. Let's not even contemplate it.

All year we have marvelled at the fantastic football we've played, probably the best in the league. Let's not doubt them now.

We're gonna win the f*cking title!

Back