• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

There's 27 points still up for grabs this is far from over we could still win the league, by the same token we could also still miss out on top 4. Take each game as it comes, our next two league fixtures you'd expect us to win, lets see where we stand heading into April.

This. I have said numerous times my target was to be 8pts clear of 5th on April 1st. With Man United and West Ham having no match next weekend that means it has to be 11pts.
We simply have to win the next two matches, and with it being City v United and Cheslea v West Ham the weekend we play Bournemouth, we have a great oppurtunity to be at least 10pts if not 11pts clear before the April fixtures.

A favour from WBA wouldnt go amiss today either, but not holding my breath

i think our goal is to stay ahead of arsenal. that would be a great achievement with a young coach and team in any year.
leceister can win it this year. we can win it next year !

Leicester can win it this year, but the reason they might win it and we wont next year is because of the lack of european football they have. I have argued for some time that our best shot at top 4 would be if we did not even finish high enough the year before and have to play europa league. I now think if in one of the seasons we finished 5th or 6th we had thrown the europa league we might have actually won the league the following season.

Next up for Leicester is Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who could be under a new manager. They have some players who could make something happen with better direction.

And are probably the worse side in the league bar villa

Leicester have a great run of games until their last 3

Just out of interest and slightly off topic. Are we the most hated team in London and why? Or do Chelsea hate west ham and arsenal as much as us, do west ham hate arsenal as much as us? Seems that we generate a lot of passionate hate from all three of them and they all look to step it up against us. Maybe thats just my perception. I guess their all jealous.

Leicester can win it this year, but the reason they might win it and we wont next year is because of the lack of european football they have. I have argued for some time that our best shot at top 4 would be if we did not even finish high enough the year before and have to play europa league. I now think if in one of the seasons we finished 5th or 6th we had thrown the europa league we might have actually won the league the following season.
It is hard to say for sure, but
Next up for Leicester is Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who could be under a new manager. They have some players who could make something happen with better direction.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine is going down and leicester is going to send them on their way !

Just out of interest and slightly off topic. Are we the most hated team in London and why? Or do Chelsea hate west ham and arsenal as much as us, do west ham hate arsenal as much as us? Seems that we generate a lot of passionate hate from all three of them and they all look to step it up against us. Maybe thats just my perception. I guess their all jealous.

we're the most hated team in football imo

We still have 6 wins out of our last 8. We've still pretty much only been the inferior team on the pitch in one game for just about as long as I can remember (West Ham game).

5/6 points + GD down to 5th. 5 points up to Leicester. Can't see how we're not still in with a shout for the title unless we're somehow already qualified for the CL...

9 games is a long time in football and a lot can happen. Though we have to get back to winning ways in the league rather quickly (meaning immediately).

Don't be paranoid. Many neutrals, ie those who support non-London teams have a soft spot for Spurs because they know that we try and play beautiful football. Our heritage is about playing the right way and trying to put some entertainment and flair into the game. Ok that was often accompanied by a lack of workrate but I suspect games we feature in are rarely boring.

Not too downbeat after this week, I think had we got a point a West Ham then we could have been pleased with keeping the unbeaten run going. I was expecting Watford to get a point and Leicester winning is a bit disappointing but we just need to pick up where we left off and get a few goals against a Villa side that is just about as low on confidence or support as I have seen. Do that and win a tricky home game v Bournemouth and we are back on track and ready for the final push.

Not too downbeat after this week, I think had we got a point a West Ham then we could have been pleased with keeping the unbeaten run going. I was expecting Watford to get a point and Leicester winning is a bit disappointing but we just need to pick up where we left off and get a few goals against a Villa side that is just about as low on confidence or support as I have seen. Do that and win a tricky home game v Bournemouth and we are back on track and ready for the final push.

Yeah. Pretty close to two must wins coming up in the league for our title challenge to remain. But it's two games that's a lot easier on paper than the two we just had (that were 2 of the 3-4 toughest games we had left this season). Hopefully the team can respond well to the disappointment of the last two games.

Yeah. Pretty close to two must wins coming up in the league for our title challenge to remain. But it's two games that's a lot easier on paper than the two we just had (that were 2 of the 3-4 toughest games we had left this season). Hopefully the team can respond well to the disappointment of the last two games.

Exactly. Villa, without taking it fir granted is as close to the best game you could have. They will hate playing at home at the moment but Bournemouth could be tricky. Don't care how we do it, just get 3 points.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away on the last day is now looking like a great fixture to have, especially if they need to win to stay up.

We're the biggest or second biggest supported club in each of those three clubs traditional fan base areas - North London and the surrounding counties for Arsenal, West/East London and surrounding for the other two - which is where rivalries are built over the years

That and jealously of course

Our next two games are Villa (A) and Bournemouth (H) and six points are a must.

Leicester have Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H) and Palace (A), they should be tricky enough and I'm hoping at least one side can take a point from Leicester.

6 points for us and 4 for Leicester means we're in striking range again, with seven games to go we'd be 3 points behind and our goal difference suddenly becomes important if we can capitalise on any Leicester loss.

It is possible, but not for us I fear. The defeat would probably be at Chelsea. The draw maybe Anfield. But it would mean we would then have to beat United and win at Stoke. Even then if we did, we would come to a situation where a win on the last day could see us champions...and we will all know what would happen then dont we?

Stoke are a completely different team these days, i think our game will be better suited to the blood and thunder of yesteryears, they like to play the ball around the ground and try and play football, we can cope with that kind of game.

UTD are there for the taking as well. Draw at Anfield, maybe lose at Chelsea, win the rest and boom, we will be having a parade down the seven sisters with pints in the Billy Nick for afters.

The goons might be threating their ECL place to an in-form Spam in a couple of weeks. Anything is possible.

It certainly don't help that the Spammers have some sort of irrational hatred of Spurs but at least they do seem to regularly take points off the Goons too.

Seems we're far from being the most disliked in London as a whole tho...

B_X9E4MXEAA3Rdd

Only the 6th most hated in the land, according to this survey...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-most-hated-club-6229042

What happened to that spell where it looked like you learned to defend (against us) and be a threat up the end with Wijnaldum?
Also has Doumbia even played for you lot yet?

The win v Spurs was just a fluke. We've been awful most of the season.

Doumbia has come off the bench for a few minutes, twice, looks like he has some decent movement and looked lively in the box but not seen any more of that.

Saivet also looked canny early on in a few games but doesn't get picked.

Back