• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Leicester will win it. But hey, it's exciting to be in the mix, so let's enjoy it while we can. It's early March and we're sitting second, five points off the top.

I'm sure most of us would have been very happy with that prospect in August.

Better here than mid table mediocrity!

There. That's Leicester as champions, done and dusted (and congratulations to them for doing something we couldn't do since 1961) by being unerringly consistent after being bottom for large spells of last season. Now can we please focus on achievable deliverables, and enjoy the 'race for the CL places' instead? :)

There. That's Leicester as champions, done and dusted (and congratulations to them for doing something we couldn't do since 1961) by being unerringly consistent after being bottom for large spells of last season. Now can we please focus on achievable deliverables, and enjoy the 'race for the CL places' instead? :)

Really, do you remember Saudi Sportswashing Machine throwing away a 12 point lead, United throwing away an 8 point lead with 6 matches to go, I saw Leicester win very unconvincingly against a watford team whose strikers are badly out of form and had 3 or 4 clear chances to take a point.

I would be happy to Lay leicester at evens right now

I think it's going to be Leicester now, although they aren't setting the world on fire right now, no one else is.

All this "Leicester are going to fudge it up" talk has as much merit as all the "Spurs will always let you down" cliches...time to get real people...

I feel as deflated as anyone else today. That Sanchez goal knocked the stuffing out of me. Hopefully the lads are made of sterner stuff than me.

As much as I haven't wanted to, I have been going through all the permutations in my head, thinking that with Chelsea and Liverpool away, the chances were looking very slim. But this is completely the wrong attitude. That one game at a time approach has served us well, and that's what will continue to do so. We can't think of any side as an impossible task.

Right now there are 27 points to play for. We need to take as many of those as possible and hope that it's 5 more than Leicester over the same period. That is the simplicity of the task now. We can't focus on anyone else. Not Leicester, Arsenal, City, United or West Ham. Because everytime we watch another of our rivals score or win, it will feel like a punch to the gut. We have to focus on our own games, and we'll see where it takes us. You can't give up on it. I'd like to say stranger things have happened, but I can't say I've ever seen Leicester surrender a 5 point lead with 9 games to go in the race to be crowned PL champions.

This sums up my view and belief entirely. The season is not over and there is a lot to play for. All we can do is focus on us, not anyone else. People will criticise me for this, but I'm ecstatic with how we have played this season. To be in a genuine title race, despite the difficulties of Europa, having the youngest team in the PL, only one striker and, imho, not having had the rub of the green as much as some other teams is incredible. This team of players will truly believe that a title is not beyond them and that will mean that they will more than likely stay. They will get better, our manager will get better and to tell you the truth, we as supporters will get better.

At the beginning of the season I would not, in my wildest dreams, have felt that we would be in the position that we are in so far. That said, I'm still desolate with today. I really thought we were going to win today. Still love this team though.

This sums up my view and belief entirely. The season is not over and there is a lot to play for. All we can do is focus on us, not anyone else. People will criticise me for this, but I'm ecstatic with how we have played this season. To be in a genuine title race, despite the difficulties of Europa, having the youngest team in the PL, only one striker and, imho, not having had the rub of the green as much as some other teams is incredible. This team of players will truly believe that a title is not beyond them and that will mean that they will more than likely stay. They will get better, our manager will get better and to tell you the truth, we as supporters will get better.

At the beginning of the season I would not, in my wildest dreams, have felt that we would be in the position that we are in so far. That said, I'm still desolate with today. I really thought we were going to win today. Still love this team though.

I like this post but i'm sorry, why would anyone criticise you for that??

Funny you should say that. I was talking to my nephew about this at the pub after the game, and some fellow fans felt that "Is it any wonder that Spurs will always fail when fans always excuse the inexcusable". Apparently I should be angry and demanding more from our squad as the league is there for the taking. Leicester are the only team showing balls. Quite nice bunch of guys really, just that we disagreed on what our expectations should be this season. It's our only chance and will be our only chance for a while. I did point out the irony of that statement!!

i think our goal is to stay ahead of arsenal. that would be a great achievement with a young coach and team in any year.
leceister can win it this year. we can win it next year !

We can't cite that one: that's entirely self-inflicted.

Other than that, I agree, nobody need feel down if we end up without the title, but ahead of Arsenal (hopefully) and in the CL (which is a definite possibility). That's achievement on a scale that I did not expect us to reach this season, so it's a definite bonus. Externalities like a team with 1/10th our budget and reach winning the title will definitely hurt, but then, we can't really do anything about Leicester being fantastically consistent.

Really, do you remember Saudi Sportswashing Machine throwing away a 12 point lead, United throwing away an 8 point lead with 6 matches to go, I saw Leicester win very unconvincingly against a watford team whose strikers are badly out of form and had 3 or 4 clear chances to take a point. I would be happy to Lay leicester at evens right now

The bolded bit is all that matters.

This I believe is achievable - is the form of champions and must be if we are to win it.

It is possible, but not for us I fear. The defeat would probably be at Chelsea. The draw maybe Anfield. But it would mean we would then have to beat United and win at Stoke. Even then if we did, we would come to a situation where a win on the last day could see us champions...and we will all know what would happen then dont we?

We can't cite that one: that's entirely self-inflicted.

Other than that, I agree, nobody need feel down if we end up without the title, but ahead of Arsenal (hopefully) and in the CL (which is a definite possibility). That's achievement on a scale that I did not expect us to reach this season, so it's a definite bonus. Externalities like a team with 1/10th our budget and reach winning the title will definitely hurt, but then, we can't really do anything about Leicester being fantastically consistent.

That's where you and I will disagree then. It is partially self-inflicted. They will have looked at options and who's to say that the options available were not suitable. But we will tread over the same ground of the past, so let's leave it at that. ;)

Brutal, but hilarious...

Screen-Shot-2016-03-05-at-23.36.07.png

And mis-spelt. There's kwalitee for yoo

Ok feeling more positive this morning. We have 9 games. No game is impossible, let's not write off tough away games. Each game has its own set of variables and circumstances, and each simply represents 3 points. It looks daunting when you look at the whole 9 games and making up the difference. But if we want to win a title we simply need to do something exceptional to warrant winning the title.

It's possible. Right now that's good enough for me.

Also if it were Emirates Marketing Project who were sitting top and not Leicester there would be nothing but pride. We should be full of pride regardless for what they've achieved so far.

Let's regroup and rally around for this last stretch. We'll have Vertonghen back soon too

There's 27 points still up for grabs this is far from over we could still win the league, by the same token we could also still miss out on top 4. Take each game as it comes, our next two league fixtures you'd expect us to win, lets see where we stand heading into April.

Back