• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I also now have Leicester to win the title. Only question in my mind is whether they might drop points unexpectedly in the next 4 as they're against teams who wont take the game to them and allow them to counter-attack:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)
Palace (a)
Southampton (h)
Sunderland (a)
On paper, only Southampton look like they have enough to do something against Leicester. But as a wise old Spurs Legend always said, it's a funny ole game.

Title has to be Leceister's now, today for the first time I think it will be them and not us. Still utterly deflated that we let Arsenal get that second goal today.

You have to keep your concentration for 90 minutes ...fight to the end ..
That is something we have started to learn.....as some have said in the media..This Tottenham is tougher. Still a little way to go though!
CoyS."...."..........

I cant possibly see how Leciester can lose this now. That was a big 3 points for them tonight. They took their chance tonight when the other 3 of us didnt in midweek.

Four of their next 6 at home. Have them winning the title at home to Everton now with a game in hand.

As far as we are concerned we simply have to win the next 2 league games to have a chance of a CL spot. The fact that a win v Villa will no longer put us top for 24 hours (as Leicester play Mon night), might help now, because no doubt had Leciester only drawn tonight we would only have f#cked up another chance to claim top spot next Sunday. Maybe with that carrot no longer dangling we might just go out and get a vital win

And just to prove how quick a lead can dwindle. (Not that I think they can finish in the Top 4), but going into Weds night we were 11pts clear of West Ham, 72hours later its down to 6 in the blink of an eye. I suppose today's win for them might help us in one respect as they will still be in the hunt when they play back-to-back matches v Arsenal and Leicester, plus they still have to play United too

I cant possibly see how Leciester can lose this now. That was a big 3 points for them tonight. They took their chance tonight when the other 3 of us didnt in midweek.

Four of their next 6 at home. Have them winning the title at home to Everton now with a game in hand.

As far as we are concerned we simply have to win the next 2 league games to have a chance of a CL spot. The fact that a win v Villa will no longer put us top for 24 hours (as Leicester play Mon night), might help now, because no doubt had Leciester only drawn tonight we would only have f#cked up another chance to claim top spot next Sunday. Maybe with that carrot no longer dangling we might just go out and get a vital win

Seriously. We have to win the next two to have a chance of the title. We probably only need 10-12 points to get a CL spot so that would be very attainable with only 3 or 4 points in the next two games. I still see us finishing above Arse and Man C but we do need Leicester to have a couple wobbles.

The disappointing this is that ManC, Man U and cheatski might each spend £100m - £200m this summer, and all three might also have better managers. So next year the league will be A LOT tougher.

As a result, I really hope we go out of the EL v Dortmund and take 6 points from the next two league games

Brutal, but hilarious...

Screen-Shot-2016-03-05-at-23.36.07.png

Seriously. We have to win the next two to have a chance of the title. We probably only need 10-12 points to get a CL spotso that would be very attainable with only 3 or 4 points in the next two games. I still see us finishing above Arse and Man C but we do need Leicester to have a couple wobbles.

The disappointing this is that ManC, Man U and cheatski might each spend £100m - £200m this summer, and all three might also have better managers. So next year the league will be A LOT tougher.

As a result, I really hope we go out of the EL v Dortmund and take 6 points from the next two league games

What?? We have almost the same gap between us and the top and between us and WHam in 5th.We'll need much more than 10-12 points to make CL.
With Sanchez's goal you can see him and L'Arse going on their usual post-NLD runs..damn you Spurs:mad:

What?? We have almost the same gap between us and the top and between us and WHam in 5th.We'll need much more than 10-12 points to make CL.
With Sanchez's goal you can see him and L'Arse going on their usual post-NLD runs..damn you Spurs:mad:

Yep.

To get a CL spot I still say a team is going to need 70pts. For me 75pts will be the title winning total

They have struggled to beat Norwich, West Brom and Watford in the last three games. They've drawn with Villa this season and twice with Bournemouth.
Leicester have to work so hard in each of their games to beat any team in the League. They are heavily reliant on Mahrez now to break down teams.

They have struggled to beat Norwich, West Brom and Watford in the last three games. They've drawn with Villa this season and twice with Bournemouth.
Leicester have to work so hard in each of their games to beat any team in the League. They are heavily reliant on Mahrez now to break down teams.
And out of those 3 games you say they "struggled" in they picked up 7 points. That's the stuff that champions are made of. I still think they will falter but they are doing brilliantly at he moment.

But they do it. They get the results, whether or not we view them as struggling while doing so. Earlier they were pegged as being too reliant on flash-in-the-pan Vardy for goals. Now you say it's Mahrez.

All season long, everyone's been waiting for them to fade. Against teams that park the bus. Against teams that come to play. But they ain't fading....

Hmm not sure that Arsenal have it in them to go on their run this time, they seem more mentally fragile than in previous years. Showed even today with Coquelin getting himself sent off with a stupid second yellow. We just need to keep on picking up points and hope for favours elsewhere.

But they do it. They get the results, whether or not we view them as struggling while doing so. Earlier they were pegged as being too reliant on flash-in-the-pan Vardy for goals. Now you say it's Mahrez.

All season long, everyone's been waiting for them to fade. Against teams that park the bus. Against teams that come to play. But they ain't fading....
It helps that they only have the league to concentrate on. I still believe there are some twists left in the run in.

Hmm not sure that Arsenal have it in them to go on their run this time, they seem more mentally fragile than in previous years. Showed even today with Coquelin getting himself sent off with a stupid second yellow. We just need to keep on picking up points and hope for favours elsewhere.

Hmm, what makes you say that? Are they worse in terms of that (and player quality) when compared to 2011-12 and 2012-13?

Yeah, people said those game were where they'd come unstuck as those teams would park the bus....yet they've got 7 out of 9 points from those games. Same as us vs those teams....i look forward to the next anti-Leicester spin...

Hmm, what makes you say that? Are they worse in terms of that (and player quality) when compared to 2011-12 and 2012-13?
Just a hunch mate probably mainly wish ful thinking. They have lost almost twice as many games as us and Leicester already. Their defence was already shocking and they have lost Cech and koscielny ( IMO their best defender). They coped with their loss today by playing 2 defensive midfielders, Wenger won't want to do that too many times. They have on the face of it an easier run in so the pressure will be massive.

Just a hunch mate probably mainly wish ful thinking. They have lost almost twice as many games as us and Leicester already. Their defence was already shocking and they have lost Cech and koscielny ( IMO their best defender). They coped with their loss today by playing 2 defensive midfielders, Wenger won't want to do that too many times. They have on the face of it an easier run in so the pressure will be massive.

Sadly i think it is wishful thinking; if playing 2 defensive midfielders will be needed to go on such a run they will do it. However, i agree the pressure will be massive..and even greater after Leicester's win today imo (thankfully).
I just hope we concentrate on our own sh!t. No excuses if we do not get 6 points vs Villa and Bournemouth. If we don't, Goons definitely finish ahead of us AGAIN imo

I feel as deflated as anyone else today. That Sanchez goal knocked the stuffing out of me. Hopefully the lads are made of sterner stuff than me.

As much as I haven't wanted to, I have been going through all the permutations in my head, thinking that with Chelsea and Liverpool away, the chances were looking very slim. But this is completely the wrong attitude. That one game at a time approach has served us well, and that's what will continue to do so. We can't think of any side as an impossible task.

Right now there are 27 points to play for. We need to take as many of those as possible and hope that it's 5 more than Leicester over the same period. That is the simplicity of the task now. We can't focus on anyone else. Not Leicester, Arsenal, City, United or West Ham. Because everytime we watch another of our rivals score or win, it will feel like a punch to the gut. We have to focus on our own games, and we'll see where it takes us. You can't give up on it. I'd like to say stranger things have happened, but I can't say I've ever seen Leicester surrender a 5 point lead with 9 games to go in the race to be crowned PL champions.

Back