• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

We shouldn't be tinkled at Leicester we should be annoyed that this opportunity came now in this team's development. We are not ready imo. We have not taken enough points from the top teams. The Arsenal game at the lane was a game in point , with them down to 10men and a goal up we let them back in the game. It's not enough to be hungry for the win which young players will be . We need to manage "big games" better which Leicester have done this season. I could be churlish and say we should have been more ambitious in the transfer market but as we know buying players and trying to integrate them successfully isn't a sure thing. Bottom line is, if we don't win the league it will be because we have not been good enough, not by much but, as is often said, it's small margins. I tell you what I would much rather Leicester won the title than the goons. Now let's get behind the team and let other fans worry about Leicester and Arsenal.

But are Leicetser ready then???

And to use the argument about beating top teams it's kinda valid but the fact is we have the same about if points and results as Leicester if you take out the first four games where we struggled to buy a goal

That's where the current difference lies - they had a better start... But it's all about how you finish now

And to use the argument about beating top teams it's kinda valid but the fact is we have the same about if points and results as Leicester if you take out the first four games where we struggled to buy a goal

That's where the current difference lies - they had a better start... But it's all about how you finish now
I think Leicester are mate. They can grind out results which is essential to beating a wider range of teams than us. The table doesn't lie.

I think Leicester are mate. They can grind out results which is essential to beating a wider range of teams than us. The table doesn't lie.

I've said it before that you can only judge a team at the end of the season

They changed their defence around Christmas and started to get these results but their not smashing anyone and getting the job done

If they win it after 38 games then fair play but you don't win the league until it's won

Read in a footy tabloid we got 7 points in the first set of fixtures against teams we are facing from Liverpool on. Aside from Liverpool, and chavs, i expect us to do way better on others - we are fully focused, and need to get a Win v manyoo.

Read in a footy tabloid we got 7 points in the first set of fixtures against teams we are facing from Liverpool on. Aside from Liverpool, and chavs, i expect us to do way better on others - we are fully focused, and need to get a Win v manyoo.

It was 6 points actually wasn't it

Lost vs United and United

Draws with Chelsea, Stoke and wet brom

Win vs Southampton

Either way we will need to at least double that tally and we can do it now we have a regular break each week

I've said it before that you can only judge a team at the end of the season

They changed their defence around Christmas and started to get these results but their not smashing anyone and getting the job done

If they win it after 38 games then fair play but you don't win the league until it's won
Hope you are right mate. But I am preparing myself for what I believe is inevitable. While gutted that my team has not won the league, the smallest consolation will be that one of the "establishment " teams havent won it especially with the recent talk of European super leagues by the top "5" clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35730906

We shouldn't be tinkleed at Leicester we should be annoyed that this opportunity came now in this team's development. We are not ready imo. We have not taken enough points from the top teams. The Arsenal game at the lane was a game in point , with them down to 10men and a goal up we let them back in the game. It's not enough to be hungry for the win which young players will be . We need to manage "big games" better which Leicester have done this season. I could be churlish and say we should have been more ambitious in the transfer market but as we know buying players and trying to integrate them successfully isn't a sure thing. Bottom line is, if we don't win the league it will be because we have not been good enough, not by much but, as is often said, it's small margins. I tell you what I would much rather Leicester won the title than the goons. Now let's get behind the team and let other fans worry about Leicester and Arsenal.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well, I have been of the opinion and have said so that I do not think we are good enough ( yet) to win the title, we are a team which are still learning and the players are going to be better next season. If Poch brings in the players we need ( another one CM at least and a striker) then we will be more prepared for a shot at it next season.

Leicester have been on this bubble for close to a year. Teams only started playing them properly in March. Since then they have ridden out some fine results and enjoyed luck too (which everyone needs). It is one of those freak things, but I do think had more teams played them seriously earlier (i.e. obsevred their game and planned accordingly) they'd have been done by now.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well, I have been of the opinion and have said so that I do not think we are good enough ( yet) to win the title, we are a team which are still learning and the players are going to be better next season. If Poch brings in the players we need ( another one CM at least and a striker) then we will be more prepared for a shot at it next season.

I think we are a season ahead in our development, but I think we are good enough. Difference is, no-one gives us an easy game (well, nearly no-one) which is cool, that's how football should be. The early season draw were vital vital learning curves, and it annoys me when people say 'if we'd won them'...of course! But we were/are learning! I think what is amazing is how quickly we have learnt this season!!!! Great times whatever.

I think that we can ( and have) ground out results. Our problem was our early season form, since then we have more than matched Leicester.

You still haven't been able to explain why though. We are on second on credit and if Leicester faulter, in prime position to take the title. If that happens, we are good enough, just as Leicester are now.

Sorry, but that is simply BS. Have Leicester been any more lucky that Chelski from Jan onwards last season?
What about Man Utd and their gaggle of 1-0 wins (almost always scored by one Eric Cantona) 20 years ago?

Pure sour grapes. Instead of bitching about how "lucky Leicester have been" how about we talk about how profligate we have been vs Arsenal (twice), Everton (twice), Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester themselves (again, arguably twice)?
Well, since you mentioned Chelski last year... If anything, last season we were lucky to finish 5th.

upload_2016-4-9_18-4-7.png

I think West Ham have a good chance of getting something at Leicester next week. Will feel odd being on their side two weeks running.
This was not a good result for us. Spammers winning would have given them more belief for top-4 and would have approached the Leicester game with more enthusiasm. In any case, let's see what pans out.

This was not a good result for us. Spammers winning would have given them more belief for top-4 and would have approached the Leicester game with more enthusiasm. In any case, let's see what pans out.

Eh - that draw takes Arsenal further behind if we win and keeps wets ham slightly in contention

Perfect result all round in my book

We now cannot be overtaken by 10 clubs.

Alphabetically, latest highlighted :-

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Everton
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
Pro tem, simply where any club is out of reach.

Last edited:

I hate this, we arguably haven't been good enough since 1961, I remember having a chat with my realtor when I bought my first house here, he told me no-one rings a bell when the housing market bottles out, you strike when you have the best opportunity.

I'm sure leicester fans aren't having a conversation if they're good enough or not, I've supported this club in transition year after transition year, we'll always be better next year etc, f@ck that, if we don't win this year, fair enuf but for f@cks' sake, don't tell me we're not good enuf yet and we have to wait etc. You can sleep when you're dead.

I agree, it is a misnomer that we will reach a point where we say - ah yes we are there. We play now, we play next week...and in 5 years time. Being ready is neither here nor there. I guess what people are saying is this young team under Poch is still developing. There are plenty of improvements that can come, but it is perennial, there is no beginning and end.

Last edited:
Eh - that draw takes Arsenal further behind if we win and keeps wets ham slightly in contention

Perfect result all round in my book

I thought it was the 2nd best option. Really wanted a West Ham win, as I didnt see them catching us so would not have been a damning to us and really wanted an extra point gap to Arsenal. 4pts gap with a better GD could make all the difference

Back