• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

If Spurs slip to third (or worse) I guarantee you'll all be shouting for Leicester. I'm pretty sure I will.

Folks are annoyed seeing Leicester above us because we're (a) in a title race with them, and (b) we think we're better than them. So we have to label them and denigrate their achievements to try and justify that fact that they are 7 points above us. Have they blagged a few games? I'd say yes, maybe more than a few, but I'd say a bigger factor is their commitment to a simple but effective game plan that works for them. That coupled with a falloff of the usual title challengers has created a perfect storm for them. Leicester are taking advantage of the situation but let's not forget Spurs are too.

What I'm really annoyed about is not the Leicester success story but the fact that it coincided with our best season in an age.

Agreed. I also feel that we can add the fact that they have a highly experienced manager and we have a young head coach with only a few years under his belt with the youngest squad in the league.

Why do we deserve it more than them?
I would say that, apart from the West-Ham game, we have been the better side overall in all our league games. I have seen quite a few of Leicesters games, and I can't think of one game where I thought they were clearly the better side. Add to that their inferior gd.

I would say that, apart from the West-Ham game, we have been the better side overall in all our league games. I have seen quite a few of Leicesters games, and I can't think of one game where I thought they were clearly the better side. Add to that their inferior gd.

Do you think they didn't deserve to win the games they played vs Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project in February?
Also, apart from us, who have better GD than Leicester?
Then ask who have lost less games than them and then ask who have won more games than them?

Do you think they didn't deserve to win the games they played vs Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project in February?
Also, apart from us, who have better GD than Leicester?
Then ask who have lost less games than them and then ask who have won more games than them?
No brick Sherlock? It's not about statistics! It's about how the games have been. I've seen plenty of games where they were backs to the wall and under pressure for most of the game, with saves on the line, lucky deflections and so on. Only seen highlights of the city game. Liverpool, yes they looked better,but that is 2 (TWO) fudging games out of 32.....

No brick Sherlock? It's not about statistics! It's about how the games have been. I've seen plenty of games where they were backs to the wall and under pressure for most of the game, with saves on the line, lucky deflections and so on. Only seen highlights of the city game. Liverpool, yes they looked better,but that is 2 (TWO) fudgeing games out of 32.....

Blah,blah.....could say the same re Jose's Chelski for much of last season oh and did you see some of the teams Fergie won TITLES with in the past?
Did you see any of Leicester games pre-Xmas? Sorry, but to say they have looked the better side in only 2 games out of 32 is ridiculous..

I haven't said anything of what you are implying. Learn to read. And what other teams have done before is irrelevant. But since you bring it up, under Fergie, United where often the better side, that pressured opponents into submission in the latter stages of games.

I haven't said anything of what you are implying. Learn to read. And what other teams have done before is irrelevant. But since you bring it up, under Fergie, United where often the better side, that pressured opponents into submission in the latter stages of games.

I can read, thanks for the tip.
Since you say what other teams have done before is irrelevant then why don't you simply say that Leicester are bringing forth a new version of maximum-efficiency-minimal-pressurising title-winning style that is to be marvelled at (and maybe copied by other similar-sized clubs)?
Perhaps they have mentally fatigued sides/the PL into giving up points by making them feel "unlucky" and falling into their same traps?

I'm gonna say there is more than a hint of booze in your comments and that has maybe affected your ability to understand what you have read. Good night.

F**k me; have we overnight REALLY become whining Arsenal/Barcelona/Brazil fans??:eek:

"Oh but we played the nicest and most winningist football"??

Jeez...
Yes we have. And it's a good thing actually. It means we have a great team that deserves to win based on its consistent performances. Else we'd be feeling lucky to just be in the top 4, let alone 2nd.

I can see both sides of the coin here - I have watched a fair few of Leicester's games this season and whilst I don't think they're anywhere near the bad footballing side that some seem to think they are I don't recall many games where they were the better team - City away they were fantastic but mostly it's been like their game at WHL, conceding the better chances and spawning a goal against the run of play without really creating anything, and now the fairy tale is drawing to its close it seems theyre getting some very dubious decisions going their way to boot - ultimately I can't begrudge them their position though, a 5000/1 shot doesn't come around too often and when they do they need the stars to align and luck to be in their corner - fair play if they see it out, I wouldn't care if we deserved it or not if we were in their position and nor should they

Although what's that quote? Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser...

Sorry, but that is simply BS. Have Leicester been any more lucky that Chelski from Jan onwards last season?
What about Man Utd and their gaggle of 1-0 wins (almost always scored by one Eric Cantona) 20 years ago?

Pure sour grapes. Instead of bitching about how "lucky Leicester have been" how about we talk about how profligate we have been vs Arsenal (twice), Everton (twice), Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester themselves (again, arguably twice)?

I don't know how to use the like button, as I have said before anything else is sour grapes and its embarrassing to hear some remarks from bad losers.

Last edited:
2-horse race now, and one of them is in the final straight, while the other is 7 lengths back.

Personally think Leicester are now 7pts from the title now.

Arsenal max total is 77pts but have City away still to come. Dont see them winning all 6 left now. 75pts tops.
Our max is 80pts, but cant see anything from the Chelsea match and you just know we are going to 2pts somewhere else, either tomorrow or even Stoke. 75pts tops for us too.
And tbh if we finish 1pt off top on the last day I dont know if I will be proud of the them or absolutely gutted, to spend the rest of time wondering what if?

2-horse race now, and one of them is in the final straight, while the other is 7 lengths back.

Personally think Leicester are now 7pts from the title now.

Arsenal max total is 77pts but have City away still to come. Dont see them winning all 6 left now. 75pts tops.
Our max is 80pts, but cant see anything from the Chelsea match and you just know we are going to 2pts somewhere else, either tomorrow or even Stoke. 75pts tops for us too.
And tbh if we finish 1pt off top on the last day I dont know if I will be proud of the them or absolutely gutted, to spend the rest of time wondering what if?
I'd be proud, even that kind of failure has glory in it, we'd be in the CL. But we still have 6 games, take each as it comes and go for the win !

Back