• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

The former. If anyone is going to nick points against this Leicester team, it is Sam Allardyce. We should have too much for United.

As with much of this season though, it is impossible to predict.

Really? Cos other than City, who pretty much everyone in the top 7/8 have taken points from other than Southampton, we haven't picked up too many points from the teams near the top of the table.

This thread is fast becoming an embarrassment.

I hope if Leicester do end up lifting the trophy a majority of Spurs fans will applaud an achievement almost unparalleled in modern day sport.

Graciousness in defeat is as admirable as humility in victory.

Really? Wow....

Tell you what you stand there and applaud Leicester if they pip us to the title. You applaud us finishing runners up to a team who should be nowhere near the top of the league.

While I stand back and curse the closest we're likely to come to winning it in my lifetime and likely many years to come.

Really? Wow....

Tell you what you stand there and applaud Leicester if they pip us to the title. You applaud us finishing runners up to a team who should be nowhere near the top of the league.

While I stand back and curse the closest we're likely to come to winning it in my lifetime and likely many years to come.

I think that you have massively misunderstood or misrepresented what @awesome dawson was saying there Roy. It is possible to be gracious in defeat without being pleased about not winning.

I think that you have massively misunderstood or misrepresented what @awesome dawson was saying there Roy. It is possible to be gracious in defeat without being pleased about not winning.

Two different things yes. I'm not a very gracious loser however as weren't Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O'Sullivan, SAF and countless other champions. I don't believe in praising this one-off fluke from an extraordinarily average side denying us our first PL title. I simply can't get over this situation sorry. If they do go on to win it it'd change everything for me in how I view football I won't follow it as much that's for sure.

People, let's try not to sound like bitter, entitled Gooners/Barca fans with the sour grapes please.
If Leicetser do win the league, then they will have deserved it. It's snobbery to say otherwise (esp when the likes of Jose and even SAF have been happy to win consecutive games 1-0 in the second half of a season) and there are many tactical ways games and even leagues are won all over the world.

If we finish in the top 3, no matter who ends up winning the league (even if the Gooners do:eek:) it will have been a great effort by Poch and the players.

COYS

Yup, consistently lucky. Because from a performance standpoint, they have been anything but.

Sorry, but that is simply BS. Have Leicester been any more lucky that Chelski from Jan onwards last season?
What about Man Utd and their gaggle of 1-0 wins (almost always scored by one Eric Cantona) 20 years ago?

Pure sour grapes. Instead of bitching about how "lucky Leicester have been" how about we talk about how profligate we have been vs Arsenal (twice), Everton (twice), Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester themselves (again, arguably twice)?

Sorry, but that is simply BS. Have Leicester been any more lucky that Chelski from Jan onwards last season?
What about Man Utd and their gaggle of 1-0 wins (almost always scored by one Eric Cantona) 20 years ago?

Pure sour grapes. Instead of bitching about how "lucky Leicester have been" how about we talk about how profligate we have been vs Arsenal (twice), Everton (twice), Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester themselves (again, arguably twice)?
Call it sour grapes, if you want. Then there's the facts. Anyone who says their top-of-the-table standing is deserved, hasn't watched their games. Yes, they've performed well enough to be in the top 10, but not to be 7 points clear at the top.

upload_2016-4-8_18-15-12.png

Call it sour grapes, if you want. Then there's the facts. Anyone who says their top-of-the-table standing is deserved, hasn't watched their games. Yes, they've performed well enough to be in the top 10, but not to be 7 points clear at the top.

View attachment 2708

I'm sure if we all wanted to, we could come up with stats to show how lucky some of Mourinho's title winning teams are/were...in fact those stats show Leicester to be incredibly efficient!

The former. If anyone is going to nick points against this Leicester team, it is Sam Allardyce. We should have too much for United.

As with much of this season though, it is impossible to predict.

Agree . Think we'll be 4 points behind come Sunday evening

Two different things yes. I'm not a very gracious loser however as weren't Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O'Sullivan, SAF and countless other champions. I don't believe in praising this one-off fluke from an extraordinarily average side denying us our first PL title. I simply can't get over this situation sorry. If they do go on to win it it'd change everything for me in how I view football I won't follow it as much that's for sure.

Why do we deserve it more than them?

If Spurs slip to third (or worse) I guarantee you'll all be shouting for Leicester. I'm pretty sure I will.

Folks are annoyed seeing Leicester above us because we're (a) in a title race with them, and (b) we think we're better than them. So we have to label them and denigrate their achievements to try and justify that fact that they are 7 points above us. Have they blagged a few games? I'd say yes, maybe more than a few, but I'd say a bigger factor is their commitment to a simple but effective game plan that works for them. That coupled with a falloff of the usual title challengers has created a perfect storm for them. Leicester are taking advantage of the situation but let's not forget Spurs are too.

What I'm really annoyed about is not the Leicester success story but the fact that it coincided with our best season in an age.

Back