• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I thought it was the 2nd best option. Really wanted a West Ham win, as I didnt see them catching us so would not have been a damning to us and really wanted an extra point gap to Arsenal. 4pts gap with a better GD could make all the difference

To me we needed West Ham to be motivated for next weekend and we have that now (particularly if they lose mid week)

That goal difference is big now as they need at least 4 points so it's a two game swing with 6 to play

I thought it was the 2nd best option. Really wanted a West Ham win, as I didnt see them catching us so would not have been a damning to us and really wanted an extra point gap to Arsenal. 4pts gap with a better GD could make all the difference

One thing I think yesterday solved is, I am convinced we will now see a new name on the Premiership Trophy, surely they wont drop 10pts, probably can afford to drop 12 in the last 6 (can see Arsenal getting 18 from the last 6).
Much as Sky wont like having to leave City and Arsenal out of their build-up adverts, only 2 teams can win it now, and one of them is red-hot favourite

To me we needed West Ham to be motivated for next weekend and we have that now (particularly if they lose mid week)

That goal difference is big now as they need at least 4 points so it's a two game swing with 6 to play

Correct. But that 1pt could be massive. Can see Arsenal picking up 16pts from the last 6= 75pts.
To secure minimum 2nd I think we now need 4 wins and a draw from the last 6. Just think that them getting that draw now means we need at least the same at Chelsea, whereas maybe a WH win yesterday could have given us the leeway of one defeat somewhere. Small margins right now

Sunderland have only lost one of their last 7 (away to Wet Spam). Their last four games have been draws. Apart from that, I don't know much about Sunderland this season. Defoe is picking up some sort of form - apart from that, what do they have going for them?

Yeah, i definitely think a West Ham win would have been better to keep their motivation at full level for when they play Leicester next week.
That Emirates Marketing Project win to put them 5 points clear of the Spammers (effectively 6 points when looking at GD) might make their heads drop a little at this stage.
In fact, i suspect Emirates Marketing Project and even many Arsenal fans may be rooting for us to win today to put one of the first locks on the top 4..

Yeah, i definitely think a West Ham win would have been better to keep their motivation at full level for when they play Leicester next week.
That Emirates Marketing Project win to put them 5 points clear of the Spammers (effectively 6 points when looking at GD) might make their heads drop a little at this stage.
In fact, i suspect Emirates Marketing Project and even many Arsenal fans may be rooting for us to win today to put one of the first locks on the top 4..

Not a chance I am afraid, but they may well be secretly hoping for a draw, both win still fancy their chances of 2nd, and a draw serves them both well on both fronts, will boost their Top 4 finish hopes while still wiith a very good shot at runners-up.
In fact a draw today will probably suit all of the Top 6, bar United and maybe us too, although I could live with it

Not a chance I am afraid, but they may well be secretly hoping for a draw, both win still fancy their chances of 2nd, and a draw serves them both well on both fronts, will boost their Top 4 finish hopes while still wiith a very good shot at runners-up.
In fact a draw today will probably suit all of the Top 6, bar United and maybe us too, although I could live with it

I was with you right up to the final 6 words - no way that I would settle for or accept a point today. I guess you might take a different view if your goal is top 4. If you goal is to win the title, then I think we need to win given that I believe we need 5 wins from our final 6 to win the title, and I'm far more confident about beating Utd at home than cheatski away

Not so sure about that. I think most ManCity and Arsenal fans have given up on their chances to win the league and prefer Leicester winning it over us !

Well i guess in the case of Emirates Marketing Project you'd probably be right. However, Arsenal are less ambitious and mainly focus on top 4. Knowing that their top 4 status cannot really be threatened will be what makes them tick more than if they think they can win the title of not imo.
GHod, the more i think about it what an incredible mental boost for us a win would be today!

Not so sure about that. I think most ManCity and Arsenal fans have given up on their chances to win the league and prefer Leicester winning it over us !

Most City fans will want us to win because they will be worried about United pipping them to fourth. Us winning is in Arsenal's interest too but their fans won't see it like that.

I was with you right up to the final 6 words - no way that I would settle for or accept a point today. I guess you might take a different view if your goal is top 4. If you goal is to win the title, then I think we need to win given that I believe we need 5 wins from our final 6 to win the title, and I'm far more confident about beating Utd at home than cheatski away

It is now. I still think our shot at the title went in early March when we picked up 1pt from the 2 matches. It is still wonderful being involved in the race and seeing the likes of Kane in the Sky adverts for 'The Race for the Title', but I just think the gap is too a few points too many and being a long-time Spurs fan I just cannot shake the feeling we have a letdown in us, cant help it.
I would really love to see us do it, but have this feeling no matter how we do in the next 4, Chelsea are going to do us over, twice! So my first priority is securing a Top 4 spot, and avoiding defeat today is a big step.

As stated earlier, I might feel a little different though at around 3.25pm...

Well i guess in the case of Emirates Marketing Project you'd probably be right. However, Arsenal are less ambitious and mainly focus on top 4. Knowing that their top 4 status cannot really be threatened will be what makes them tick more than if they think they can win the title of not imo.
GHod, the more i think about it what an incredible mental boost for us a win would be today!

We have two chains left hanging around our neck. Beating United at home and winning at Chelsea. I would love to put at least another one of those to bed this season, our records in those fixtures are beginning to grate on me.

Someone watching the Leicester game please try and tell me that they deserve the title.

They've been comfortably second best to a terrible Sunderland side (as with all of their matches this season). And will probably fluke a one shot, one goal win yet again.

Someone watching the Leicester game please try and tell me that they deserve the title.

They've been comfortably second best to a terrible Sunderland side (as with all of their matches this season). And will probably fluke a one shot, one goal win yet again.

I watched the game. Leicester weren't great but they rarely looked troubled and it is hard to argue with the result.

Its all about securing a Top 4 place now.
Followed by finishing in the Top 3
and then trying to finish 2nd and above you-konw-who

It's over but let's carry on winning and take it into the new season. Poch you and the team raised my expectations without measure

I watched the game. Leicester weren't great but they rarely looked troubled and it is hard to argue with the result.
I think anyone who knew nothing about the PL watching that match would consider them both relegation candidates and probably think Leicester would have done well walking away with a draw.

Back