• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

It will only get worse from here on in. We saw last week, a ref who did not want to give a penalty against Leicester. As the run in counts down, this will continue. Also expect some sides with nothing to play for to run dead against them. I would not be shocked if some clubs even put out second string sides. In contrast, watch our opposition run through brick walls to beat us.

I do so hope that we win the title, and compared to the postings from RAWK and the Manure forum we don't seem overly bitter, just emotional and frustrated that this year, of all years, when we have scored the most goals, conceded the fewest and are currently above the usual suspects we are only in second place. I can tell you that if we were battling for fourth spot and had no hope of winning the title I would be happy at what Leicester are doing. It's hard to take given the small dip in results (Wham/Arse/Pool) that we have had in recent weeks.
It's harsh to call it a recent dip. Around those games we've won all other games. Thats something like 8 wins, 2 draws and a loss. That's title winning form, unfortunately Leicester have done similarly. And two draws away to Liverpool and Arsenal at home are not terrible. Ok the Arsenal one really annoys me but still, I'm not criticising the team, they've been excellent.

I know what you mean though. There are times where I feel incredibly bitter but that's just a natural instinct to being the team who misses out as you say.

I don't see why we should single out Leicester for criticism on this though when we have seen plenty of mega rich clubs bore their way to the title.
This thread is starting to be incredibly bitter. I feel that way at times. But in all honesty, no one can take anything away from them. Its phenomenal. Just so so brickty that the one year we have a chance we will lose out like this. Anyway, I think we'll still win the title!

I think you're getting mixed up here - I don't like the way Leicester play, their cynical tactics or how the media are on their side. If they win the title I'll applaud them for doing so but personally I have very little respect for the way they set themselves up to play (or not in a lot of cases). Hopeful long balls over the top, negativity in the mindset and 1-0 every week for as long as I can remember remind me of a club I chose not to support a very long time ago.

I think you're getting mixed up here - I don't like the way Leicester play, their cynical tactics or how the media are on their side. If they win the title I'll applaud them for doing so but personally I have very little respect for the way they set themselves up to play (or not in a lot of cases). Hopeful long balls over the top, negativity in the mindset and 1-0 every week for as long as I can remember remind me of a club I chose not to support a very long time ago.

I think that they have been a little better than that. I don't think that Mahrez would have had such an outstanding season if all they did was hoof it long.

Your views stink of arrogance. How is saying, what right do Leicester have to finish above the likes of City, Chelsea etc any different to someone saying what right to Spurs have to finish above the the five or six clubs that spend more than we do on wages/transfers. Reason we are second and Chelsea are tenth is that we have played substantially better than they have all season. Same explanation for why Leicester are top.

I am arrogant yes. I'm comfortable with that.

Also, I am saying what right do Leicester have to finish above all else. They shouldn't. Again I'm quite comfortable saying that. Im also very comfortable with people not agreeing with my views. Disagreements happen everywhere all over the world every day.

Leicester are in a completely false position and next season will rightly return to where they belong - 12th to 17th. I'm quite happy to debate any of the above til the cows come home too.

I am arrogant yes. I'm comfortable with that.

Also, I am saying what right do Leicester have to finish above all else. They shouldn't. Again I'm quite comfortable saying that. Im also very comfortable with people not agreeing with my views. Disagreements happen everywhere all over the world every day.

Leicester are in a completely false position and next season will rightly return to where they belong - 12th to 17th. I'm quite happy to debate any of the above til the cows come home too.

No club has the right to finish above another, you earn the right over the course of a season.

I'm a bit surprised at comments on here. Leicester have played a canny game, I am very glad they will beat the Ars.e to the title.

They haven't been violent and kicked lumps out of everyone like Wimbledon years ago.
They haven't bored the trousers off everyone like the Goons under George Graham or us under AVB.
They haven't been cynical diving whingers like Real Madrid.
They haven't pressurised the refs using the press like Mourinho's Cheatski.
They haven't used their mates in the media like Liverpool.

Sure they could have been prettier but Mahrez and Vardy have scored some great goals and played really well.

Thank GHod the Goons will not win the title!

I'm a bit surprised at comments on here. Leicester have played a canny game, I am very glad they will beat the Ars.e to the title.

They haven't been violent and kicked lumps out of everyone like Wimbledon years ago.
They haven't bored the trousers off everyone like the Goons under George Graham or us under AVB.
They haven't been cynical diving whingers like Real Madrid.
They haven't pressurised the refs using the press like Mourinho's Cheatski.
They haven't used their mates in the media like Liverpool.

Sure they could have been prettier but Mahrez and Vardy have scored some great goals and played really well.

Thank GHod the Goons will not win the title!
I have issues with some of that.
1. I watched maybe half a dozen of their games and in at least two there should have been straight red cards, one for Huth who smashed someone in the face with an elbow. That was caught on camera, remarked on then dropped. The other was I think albrighton with a two footed lunge over the ball. None of them got a booking or evens foul given against.
2. Vardy throws himself in to the ground at every opportunity. 10 pens this season, double everyone else with one the worst possession stats
3.Against us they constantly moaned at the ref, and argued every decision.
4. Will combine two that have almost be covered above, one of the lowest possession stats doesn't suggest scintillating football. It's not friends in the media, it's the media love in ignoring the obvious reasons they are going to win the league.

Am bitter about Leicester winning the league? No
Am a bitter about how they will win it?
You better fudging believe it.
There's no dishonour in losing to some one playing better to you, but the simple fact is they haven't.

I have issues with some of that.
1. I watched maybe half a dozen of their games and in at least two there should have been straight red cards, one for Huth who smashed someone in the face with an elbow. That was caught on camera, remarked on then dropped. The other was I think albrighton with a two footed lunge over the ball. None of them got a booking or evens foul given against.
2. Vardy throws himself in to the ground at every opportunity. 10 pens this season, double everyone else with one the worst possession stats
3.Against us they constantly moaned at the ref, and argued every decision.
4. Will combine two that have almost be covered above, one of the lowest possession stats doesn't suggest scintillating football. It's not friends in the media, it's the media love in ignoring the obvious reasons they are going to win the league.

Am bitter about Leicester winning the league? No
Am a bitter about how they will win it?
You better fudging believe it.
There's no dishonour in losing to some one playing better to you, but the simple fact is they haven't.

Vardy has won some pens and some have been deserved

Last week when he fouled the Southampton player he went over the ball in a manner that certain other players wouldn't get away with. The you and the hand balls... My wife commented that isn't that the case that when your top the refs gave you more decisions

But on the football front I think people are commending them because it's little old Leicester which I think is fair. We as fans wouldn't stand for it beyond a season of doing well as we have culture of proper football. Wets Hma fans wouldnt either but Leicester have no style or brand of football so for them it's all about the results and that's completely fine.

What I would say is every genuine neutral ive met says were the best team by far in their opinion - but some have said that and also said they want Leicester to win it as they can't stand us winning it

On the ref note - shouldnt we have had a penalty at white hart lane or am I remembering that wrong?

Leicester have been lucky since the turn of the year I'd say with the decisions they have had go for them and their performances haven't deserved wins. But they did the fancy stuff in the first half of the season and are now grinding results out, it's what teams who win the league have to do. We haven't been able to do it as often, we did it against Watford for example, but we haven'e been able to get over the line in games such as scum at home and away, Everton away, Liverpool away and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home etc.

I realise they are losing the possession battle in most games but who cares? Granted they should have conceded at least one penalty on Sunday but it's not like teams are battering them and missing loads of chances so you have to credit them for their defensive displays if nothing else. Going forward, I agree they are poor to watch and are pushing their luck.

Were we lucky when we were boring our way to 1-0 wins whilst creating next to nothing, relying on fortunate penalties and playing sleep inducing football in 2013/14? No of course not because our manager was a tactical genius who is now managing in the 7th highest ranked league in Europe according to UEFA.

Leicester have been lucky since the turn of the year I'd say with the decisions they have had go for them and their performances haven't deserved wins. But they did the fancy stuff in the first half of the season and are now grinding results out, it's what teams who win the league have to do. We haven't been able to do it as often, we did it against Watford for example, but we haven'e been able to get over the line in games such as scum at home and away, Everton away, Liverpool away and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home etc.

I realise they are losing the possession battle in most games but who cares? Granted they should have conceded at least one penalty on Sunday but it's not like teams are battering them and missing loads of chances so you have to credit them for their defensive displays if nothing else. Going forward, I agree they are poor to watch and are pushing their luck.

Were we lucky when we were boring our way to 1-0 wins whilst creating next to nothing, relying on fortunate penalties and playing sleep inducing football in 2013/14? No of course not because our manager was a tactical genius who is now managing in the 7th highest ranked league in Europe according to UEFA.

All the Games I've seen of them in their 1 nil run have been ones where the opposition has had more chances but simply played stupid tactics

Southampton kept in crossing with no one in the box

Watford were unlucky but very also poor in front of goal and didn't change things

Norwich were the better side but it was a last minute winner

Their have been plenty like that but that's why they are where they are

I hated every 1-0 or 2-1 win that season when we played boring football and didn't feel we deserved it. So I have no compunction feeling the same about Leicester.

Let's be honest, fans of the top four want Leicester to win because if we win it we become a much bigger threat going forward.
Fans of teams like Liverpool, Everton, Southampton don't want us to win it because it's puts us out of their reach.
It has little to do with the Leicester fairy tale.

If any of those teams were in our situation they would be having the exact same moans we are having.

Its simply not fair to diminish Leicester by pointing to luck......it's not a fashionable statement in a time when there are stats and everything in football can be objectified by numbers, like all other walks of life, is determined by random elements of luck e.g. decisions go your way, the bounce of the ball (think Kane's deflected shot onto the bar against Leicester), injuries (or lack of them). In fact in one of the recent football statistical analysis books (think its The Number Game) they actually identify that luck/random events accounts for about up to 33% of outcome.

That said I saw a report yesterday which showed how we have benefitted from the highest number of opposition shots that have hit the woodwork and therefore not scored (I know the woodwork is technically off-target!) and that if the woodwork was part of the goal we would have 10 points less than we do.

Think about Son's goal at Watford that was offside, that Dier should have had a second yellow card against the Goons, the penalty at Emirates Marketing Project.....if someone said we were 'lucky' to be second (as many of you are claiming Leicester are lucky) we wouldn't be having it.

There has never been a case that the team who win the league are not the best team in it. If Leicester win they'll have deserved it.

It should not happen by a long chalk, but anybody starting to get the slightest feeling that City and Liverpool are going to fluke their ways to nicking the CL and EL?

There looks to be too many good teams left in the CL, but I thought that 4 years ago too. You would like to think Liverpool can't go and win the EL, but..if we do end up in
4th place I think we all know what is likely to happen!

Last edited:
It should not happen by a long chalk, but anybody starting to get the slightest feeling that City and Liverpool are going to fluke their ways to nicking the CL and EL?

There looks to be too many good teams left in the CL, but I thought that 4 years ago too. You would like to think Liverpool can go and win the EL, but..if we do end up in
4th place I think we all know what is likely to happen!

No, I've also been thinking that Liverpool will win the EL now.

I don't think Seville are close to as good as Dortmund, and Liverpool now have the advantage in their 1/4 final tie.

Leicester have blown that theory out the water. Whoever survives out of Norwich, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland just might end up winning the league next year
It would be fun to watch benitez win the league with a team that isn't Liverpool.

I just think we're currently the best side in the league so if we strengthen and our players build in the summer we have a real chance.

It's a bit of a shame everyone seems to have given up, believe ffs.

If Leicester win they deserve praise even if their football isn't getting me on the edge of my seat but, this isn't over yet, as long as we win all our games. COYS

Great season no matter what

Back