• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

The bigger issue for me is not whether Leicester win the league or not...it's that they're undoubtedly going to be in the CL next season!! :(

We're coming into a period where England's coefficient points are really under threat and the 4th place position could very conceivably go to Italy. Despite our efforts this season, that 4th place spot is likely to be our realistic goal next season assuming Conté & Pep work their magic.

Let's be honest, if our representatives in the CL next season includes, Leicester and say, Man Utd, it's a far weaker turn out than having Chelsea and City in the mix!

Leicester winning the title may be good for the Premier League idealists, but the bigger picture of English clubs competing on the biggest stage will surely be damaged!

I call the bolded as pure unadulterated BS!! Don't we often say the sign of a championship team is when they get results despite not playing well? Leicester might not play pretty football but they play their style pretty well. Spurs are in second place because our results got us there. What next we should give teams points for wearing prettier jersies or the number of dribbles their wingers do!! This is football. There is more than one way to play it. We chose our style. Leicester chose theirs. Let us not appear arrogant because for the first time in a long while - SPURS are second! I can imagine other clubs' fans logging on and reading this. Really Spurs fans - we are almost back to glory days and we start talking like this? REALLY!!

"The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

If you can convince me that this magnificent quote applies to Leicester City and the way they are going about their business then I will agree with your post above. This quote is why I became a Spurs fan above Arsenal at a time when it would have been easier to join the dark side. I believe this is what Poch will deliver to us and for that I thank him - I rather finish 2nd playing the way we play than the way Leicester. Thank you Danny, may you RIP and thank you Poch for making us proud again! COYS

"The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

If you can convince me that this magnificent quote applies to Leicester City and the way they are going about their business then I will agree with your post above. This quote is why I became a Spurs fan above Arsenal at a time when it would have been easier to join the dark side. I believe this is what Poch will deliver to us and for that I thank him - I rather finish 2nd playing the way we play than the way Leicester. Thank you Danny, may you RIP and thank you Poch for making us proud again! COYS

I don't see why we should single out Leicester for criticism on this though when we have seen plenty of mega rich clubs bore their way to the title.

I don't see why we should single out Leicester for criticism on this though when we have seen plenty of mega rich clubs bore their way to the title.
I've yet to see a mega rich club luck their way to one though.

It's not a case of "deserved", the table doesn't rank teams by how good they can be, it ranks them based on how many points they accrue as per the referee's interpretation of the rules in each game.

The table hasn't lied, Leicester win week after week. No other team has matched them so they deserve all the credit for being top and potentially champions
As @galeforce states - the table only tells you how many points were accumulated, it tells you nothing whatsoever about who deserved what.

There are very simple and clear ways of calculating who deserves what, you simply measure the probable outcomes of repeatable events over the longer term. Those that over or under perform against those measures are relying on good or bad "luck".

The bad news for us is that whilst Leicester have been massively "lucky" and are accruing far more points than their performances should, Arsenal have been a bit unlucky. If you run the season based on expected results from performances to date, Arsenal would probably pip us to the title. Leicester would have achieved a perfectly respectable 6th or 7th place.

Last edited:
The bigger issue for me is not whether Leicester win the league or not...it's that they're undoubtedly going to be in the CL next season!! :(

We're coming into a period where England's coefficient points are really under threat and the 4th place position could very conceivably go to Italy. Despite our efforts this season, that 4th place spot is likely to be our realistic goal next season assuming Conté & Pep work their magic.

Let's be honest, if our representatives in the CL next season includes, Leicester and say, Man Utd, it's a far weaker turn out than having Chelsea and City in the mix!

Leicester winning the title may be good for the Premier League idealists, but the bigger picture of English clubs competing on the biggest stage will surely be damaged!

Or you could look at it that normally only 1-2 teams qualify past the group stage, as Leicester will be straight into the group stage and no real damage done.
Then you could have a Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea in the Europa league, even with them not caring they will probably go further than when a swansea or southampton sneak in.

The reason we may lose the coefficient is the europa league as much as the champions league.

I think this all just makes us look like sore losers (I am still hopeful that we will come out on top).

On an aside, I fancy our chances for the title next year, everyone aside from Arsenal will be in transition and our young players will hopefully be even better.

On an aside, I fancy our chances for the title next year, everyone aside from Arsenal will be in transition and our young players will hopefully be even better.

Leicester have blown that theory out the water. Whoever survives out of Norwich, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland just might end up winning the league next year

Leicester have blown that theory out the water. Whoever survives out of Norwich, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland just might end up winning the league next year

Other than Kante, their team hasn't changed much since last season. Vardy and Mahrez just emerged from behind Ulloa and Nugent in the way Kane did with Ade and Soldado. Despite a change in manager, their growth has been quite organic.

Liverpool should be better next year, but maybe not till the second half of the season. United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal will all continue to flounder though as they will have the same structural problems.

Why do you feel the need to insult Leicester's players? I am puzzled! Who said Leicester cant get the same results next season? Cant you see how others can say the same about us wrt performances and results?

PS Only us and Man Utd have scored more goals than Leicester this season!
PPS Leicester have only done 7 (1-0) victories. The record is held by Jose's Chelsea (11 '1-0' victories).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35969632

So does your comment only apply because it is Leicester?
My comment applies because:
1) I am emotional about what is happening
2) They are about Huth (deemed not good enough by Cheat$ki, Boro and Stoke) who had not scored all season before he scored the goal that beat us at home and Morgan (who played for Forest before Leicester) , two players who have hardly ever scored in their careers
3) They play for Leicester who are seven point ahead of us with 6 games to play.

I applaud you for being able to be as magnanimous and generous as you are. Given the narrative it is not popular to insult Leicester and their players, but at this point I am not able to be so in control. And others slag us off regardless of what we do.

We are too arrogant at times. If you feel Leicester shouldn't be there, then get better results than them. It is that simple. If you cant, then stop insulting them. It is very dishonourable. Can you imagine if others said the same BS about Spurs because we had the nerve to finish above the big 4!
There is a difference. We are playing good football and outplaying our opponents. They're not. It is not an insult to say they haven't played good football, because quite frankly, they haven't. It's just stating the facts. It is also not an insult to say they have been lucky. That's also a fact. So for all you sensitive souls out there, take a look at facts before getting all worked up about Leicester not getting respect.

This thread is starting to be incredibly bitter. I feel that way at times. But in all honesty, no one can take anything away from them. Its phenomenal. Just so so brickty that the one year we have a chance we will lose out like this. Anyway, I think we'll still win the title!
I do so hope that we win the title, and compared to the postings from RAWK and the Manure forum we don't seem overly bitter, just emotional and frustrated that this year, of all years, when we have scored the most goals, conceded the fewest and are currently above the usual suspects we are only in second place. I can tell you that if we were battling for fourth spot and had no hope of winning the title I would be happy at what Leicester are doing. It's hard to take given the small dip in results (Wham/Arse/Pool) that we have had in recent weeks.

Back