• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

The fat lady is almost singing. We had it in our hands prior to the Leicester game. If we would have won that, we would still be in with a chance. We lost due to fluke circumstances.

As others have said, dropping 4 points to the Gooners was the key to our season for me. Shame - but hopefully we will learn from it and be more ruthless next season.

To prove our metal this season, we really do need to beat Man U or the season could well deflate for us.

T

The main problem this season is that the 2 players that were supposed to boost us in the attack simply are not there. Njie gets injured and Son does not give his all IMO!
Now we had all been crying out for support up front before the season started..common knowledge..So to be fair we get these 2 players and it has not worked out. Therefore, we still have the whacking great hole up front that we hoped to fill in this Season!
I wanted us to buy another class midfielder that I felt was also needed.

Anyway....Son! he's scored a couple of important goals earlier in the season..but for where we have been in the League he should really be playing much, much better and realise how much he should have contributed!
He's had the experience in Germany..He needs to look in the mirror! considering how well the Team has been playing we badly needed that backup and support for HK upfront to bag us those extra goals..and not leave it all to Harry.

If this had happened confidence would have been higher...obviously we would have won more games and consequently been way out in front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he lacks confidence...that's not good enough ..you simply have to put shoulder to the wheel together................

Er what?!?! Son looked excellent earlier in the season and contributed some vital goals before he got injured.

Bear in mind these things:

1. he didn't have a pre-season with us
2. he hasn't had a decent run in the side - it is difficult to find form being a bit part player
3. he got a long lasting injury and is still not fully fit imo
4. it is his first season in the EPL - it took Lamela two full seasons before looking any sort of player.

You are simply being unrealistic in expecting far too much from one player. Alli was poor on Saturday (not surprising after his England exploits and given his tender 19 years), Eriksen, was also below par and continues to miss vital free kicks, while Kane, while scoring a blinder, missed some equally good opportunities and could have played in others on a couple of occasions. The fact is that our attack just didn't click at all against Liverpool and the chances created were wasted. Don't put it all on Son.

Leicester (although Sheff Utd on a good FA cup run) could quite rightly point to the defeat by Arsenal in the last minute as one they shouldnt of lost. Im sure they have dropped points as well.

You cant look at singular games as to why we are going to fall a bit short. Beginning of the season we wernt going for the title, we wernt really going for champs league.
Our record is very good, never lose 2 games in a row all season

LDDDWWWDDWWDWDDLWWWDLWWWWWWLDWWD

Over the last 10 games we have -2 pts on leicester so the truth is, we never really caught them up, the damage was done before we realised Leicester were challengers

Leicester W8 D1 L1
Spurs W7 D2 L1
Arsenal W4 D3 D3

Er what?!?! Son looked excellent earlier in the season and contributed some vital goals before he got injured.

Bear in mind these things:

1. he didn't have a pre-season with us
2. he hasn't had a decent run in the side - it is difficult to find form being a bit part player
3. he got a long lasting injury and is still not fully fit imo
4. it is his first season in the EPL - it took Lamela two full seasons before looking any sort of player.

You are simply being unrealistic in expecting far too much from one player. Alli was poor on Saturday (not surprising after his England exploits and given his tender 19 years), Eriksen, was also below par and continues to miss vital free kicks, while Kane, while scoring a blinder, missed some equally good opportunities and could have played in others on a couple of occasions. The fact is that our attack just didn't click at all against Liverpool and the chances created were wasted. Don't put it all on Son.

Agree with all of this but I think we are really having unrealistic expectations of eriksens free kick because we have been spoilt IMO

Payet this season has been phenomenally successful with his bit who else has???

If eriksen hadn't been so good on free kicks for the last few years we wouldn't have such high expectations IMO

If we are to point fingers at ourselves then we have to look at the start of the season. We started off poorly and dropped points when we shouldn't have. I expect we will be better next season. A settled Son and a fit Njie.

Exactly. Arsenal away, we should have beat them.

Arsenal at home, 2-1 up against 10 men and a side whose confidence was shot, we give away a silly goal and somehow nearly find a way to lose if not for Kevin Wimmer at the end.

Everton at home, battered them but missed gilt edged chances.

I could go on. Too many draws has cost us, not the refs helping Leicester.
Indeed, such fine margins but every point is significant when you're battling for the title...

CcysZcrWEAAs_ER.jpg

spursevertonxg.0.png

CN6B7DwWwAAn_Fo.png

Sorry I don't go along with some of what you have said.

I also was also optimistic about Son when he signed and he did score some good goals.
I don't go along with all this needed pre season bollox..unless he's very young and inexperienced.
He trains with the squad every day I hope? If he is not over the injury why is he playing.
Remember Defoe!!!!A great player .scored great goals..but he simply would not turn
up when he was needed in the big games. It's great to see a player in Harry Kane for us at last, that does not have that mentality...and
Imo and I do believe i'm right most humbly..you have either got the ability and confidence or not.
Now if Son turns out to lack confidence when it's needed,we will badly lack that punch to support Kane upfront.
I hope this does not happen next \season for Son and us ..as it will lead to even more dissapointment..Come on you Spurs....

Next fixture against Man United is truly a must win. To both keep our (slim) title hope alive and virtually guarantee a top 4 spot.

Let's just hope that Fat Sam can conjure up a win for them, I think it'll be tough for Leicester up there. We beat Utd, maybe we get within 4 points with 5 games left. Still everything to play for imo.

I dont think we can blame it all on Son, he started well and faded but it's a new league. Could have played better but he's hardly been a disaster.
Perhaps not...but a goalscorer is the area we agreed was needed badly for a long long time ..and if that post is not filled adequately we'll be back to square one upfront!

Let's just hope that Fat Sam can conjure up a win for them, I think it'll be tough for Leicester up there. We beat Utd, maybe we get within 4 points with 5 games left. Still everything to play for imo.

This is such a crucial game.

I really feel if they beat Sunderland though it will be over.

Sunderland are capable of getting at least a point and maybe all 3 though unlikely. Hopefully Defoe can do us a favour.

Sorry I don't go along with some of what you have said.

I also was also optimistic about Son when he signed and he did score some good goals.
I don't go along with all this needed pre season bollox..unless he's very young and inexperienced.
He trains with the squad every day I hope? If he is not over the injury why is he playing.
Remember Defoe!!!!A great player .scored great goals..but he simply would not turn
up when he was needed in the big games. It's great to see a player in Harry Kane for us at last, that does not have that mentality...and
Imo and I do believe i'm right most humbly..you have either got the ability and confidence or not.
Now if Son turns out to lack confidence when it's needed,we will badly lack that punch to support Kane upfront.
I hope this does not happen next \season for Son and us ..as it will lead to even more dissapointment..Come on you Spurs....

I will remind you of these unfounded doubts when Son starts to deliver. Anyone who scores 5 out of 6 times against Dortmund can hardly be described as not turning up in big games.

Leicester (although Sheff Utd on a good FA cup run) could quite rightly point to the defeat by Arsenal in the last minute as one they shouldnt of lost. Im sure they have dropped points as well.

You cant look at singular games as to why we are going to fall a bit short. Beginning of the season we wernt going for the title, we wernt really going for champs league.
Our record is very good, never lose 2 games in a row all season

LDDDWWWDDWWDWDDLWWWDLWWWWWWLDWWD

Over the last 10 games we have -2 pts on leicester so the truth is, we never really caught them up, the damage was done before we realised Leicester were challengers

Leicester W8 D1 L1
Spurs W7 D2 L1
Arsenal W4 D3 D3
Both Leicester and Spurs had identical records of 17 wins 7 draws and 3 losses between September and March.

It's just that 5 points we lost on them in August and the 2pts we dropped at Anfield this month which now separate us.

Leicester: WWDD - WDLWDWWWWDWWWLDDWDWWWLWDWWW - W
Tottenham: LDDD - WWWDDWWDWDDLWWWDLWWWWWWLDWW - D

I would put my house on Leicester getting no more than 2 pts v Sunderland and West Ham. However i would have lost my house every week for last 2 months.
I cannot believe that they can continue to play the way they are get away with it.

My target was always within 3 points before the chelsea weekend and we would win it. However before this weekend it was head and heart together, now im just left with my heart.

They have been quite lucky with some of the wins I guess, on another day they could easily have conceded but guess it's the sign of a good team if they can grind out wins. But there's only so long you can keep winning 1-0 for. Sunderland might quite like having more of the ball, a rarity for them this season.

They have been quite lucky with some of the wins I guess, on another day they could easily have conceded but guess it's the sign of a good team if they can grind out wins. But there's only so long you can keep winning 1-0 for. Sunderland might quite like having more of the ball, a rarity for them this season.

Sunderland had no luck against West Brom and foundered on an inspired Foster. Leicester rode their luck on Sunday against Soton. Maybe next week, their respective fortunes will be reversed. Certainly hope so.

And if we can do the business against United, there is still all to play for. Leicester may yet unravel.

On talksport this morning they were saying how unlucky West Ham have been with decisions, then a very brief mention of how lucky Leicester have been before trotting out the old chestnut of it evens it self out, well if it does Leicester are going to concede 6 penalties and have four red cards in the next 5 games.

We need to pick up 7 points on them, if we can gain 2 this weekend and 2 the week after, how's it looking now?(!), then I think their bums could get squeaky knowing they still have utd and Chelsea away and Everton at home still to play.

We just have to win our next couple to have any hope and to put some pressure back on them.

Back