• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I have Leicester clocking in at 81 points, Scum at 74, and us at 73. Should be enough for Champions League, I reckon. Depending on whether or not we draw against United (and how we fare away to Stoke), we might get a point above Scum, but I can't for the life of me see us catching Leicester now.

Quite frankly if Leciester finish on 81pts they will deserve to be champions, whether you think they have been lucky or not, and 100% guaranteed if we finish on 73pts we will be in the Top 3 as United can only manage 74pts with 7wins out of 7 and City can only reach 75, and I very much doubt either side will do that

“We have to win,” said Allardyce, whose side then travel to Norwich on Saturday week. Although Sunderland are four points behind Alex Neil’s team they have a potentially priceless game in hand. “We can beat Leicester here,” he insisted. “We’ve beaten Manchester United here so we can do it.”

That's 1-0 to Leicester in the box then.

I have Leicester clocking in at 81 points, Scum at 74, and us at 73. Should be enough for Champions League, I reckon. Depending on whether or not we draw against United (and how we fare away to Stoke), we might get a point above Scum, but I can't for the life of me see us catching Leicester now.

Lesicester's run in isn't easy but they key is whether we can get at least 5 wins from our last 6

All in all, a fairly rotten weekend for us. Only West Ham dropped points and with Man UTD winning, top four isn't a certainty yet. We do need to beat them.

I don't understand how people are worrying about Champion's League places.

We'll get at least a draw against United at home (that been the result of the fixture 75% of the time in the last 8 seasons)
And then we play 5 teams with absolutely nothing to play for.

I don't understand how people are worrying about Champion's League places.

We'll get at least a draw against United at home (that been the result of the fixture 75% of the time in the last 8 seasons)
And then we play 5 teams with absolutely nothing to play for.

I was as optimistic as you two weeks ago. Now I'm worried. United and Stoke are banana skins.

really?

See if Levy had any sense he would like to China for our name sponsor, those corrupt mothers would then make sure we won the champs league, the only reason arsenal ever got anything was because Dein was pals with people at the F.A.
Tounge in cheek...but there have been syndicates iirc in Thailand betting on sports and influencing referees!?

The game now is dominated now by money..who can raise the most to get the best players..name of the game.
Leicester have been an exception this season and I don't know how they done it. Maybe the Manager has given the team confidence..also the incredible Vardy has paved the way.
As for Woolich A r s e . Wenger was first to use rotation and caught us all out.+ he was able to bring in some of the French World Cup squad as well band had a defence with the likes of Adams nobling attacking players. All this helped and Iirc even when they had players sent off they had the depth in the squad to replace them..while the players sent off were nicely rested for the the next game!
Anyway..enough of them cheating scum. Yes They had Dean as well lurking in the F A.

Anyway we have to look forward. O ur fans incidently are not more arogant than at any other club.....so
..why the so called hatred against us?? This I don't understand but I suspect some of it maybe has to do with the Yiddo thing. And who's fault is that?

So if we win five out of six games. 15 more points = 77

Leicester could lose three (Utd, Chelsea & West Ham) and maybe draw one (Everton) which means = 76

So if we win five out of six games. 15 more points = 77

Leicester could lose three (Utd, Chelsea & West Ham) and maybe draw one (Everton) which means = 76

I like your optimism! It still shows what kind of task is before us. We really need to win at least 5 of the last 6 to have any sort of hope of winning the title now. And we sure as hell need a lot of help.

Quite frankly if Leciester finish on 81pts they will deserve to be champions, whether you think they have been lucky or not, and 100% guaranteed if we finish on 73pts we will be in the Top 3 as United can only manage 74pts with 7wins out of 7 and City can only reach 75, and I very much doubt either side will do that

Agreed. They are getting every break imaginable at the moment, but lets not forget they have been top for nearly all of the season and have had some great results. They absolutely bossed Emirates Marketing Project at the Etihad and played some good football earlier in the season. They are grinding results out now after doing the fancy stuff in the first half of the season. Would be nice if they had SOME bad luck at some point, but you can't win the league being lucky all season.

Problem is no one has really put much pressure on Leicester, we messed up the West Ham and Arsenal games when we should have gone top, we could have gone 2 points behind them on Saturday and that might have affected them more. They were 3 tough games for us but tough games are what wins you the league.

It was always going to get ugly this weekend with us having to visit Anfield.

Its still doable but the chance gets more remote as they keep spawning their way to victories. Most likely scenario for us to win it is on GD:

Leicester's run-in
Sunderland (A) D
West Ham (H) D
Swansea (H) W
Man Utd (A) L
Everton (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Total 8pts = 77 pts

Spurs' run-in
Man Utd (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Brom (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Southampton (H) W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) W
Total: 15pts = 77 pts

Alternative is that we both pick up points at Stamford Bridge.
We're getting to the point where we have to win every game now though.

Its still doable but the chance gets more remote as they keep spawning their way to victories. Most likely scenario for us to win it is on GD:

Leicester's run-in
Sunderland (A) D
West Ham (H) D
Swansea (H) W
Man Utd (A) L
Everton (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Total 8pts = 77 pts

Spurs' run-in
Man Utd (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Brom (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Southampton (H) W

If we beat United at weekend then anything is possible as we never beat them at home!

With the draw at Anfield, arguably our second hardest game is now out of the way (Chelski being the toughest). I'd say we are more than capable of winning five out of the last six. Don't think Leicester will drop enough points for it to be enough though. And we still have to perform.

All if's and but's. One game at a time and we'll see where it takes us.

Leicester's run-in
Sunderland (A) D
West Ham (H) D
Swansea (H) W
Man Utd (A) L
Everton (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Total 8pts = 77 pts

Spurs' run-in
Man Utd (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Brom (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Southampton (H) W

Leicester will beat Sunderland.
If it comes down to the last day and they travel to Stamford Bridge.....the only way Chelsea win that is by accident

Leicester's run-in
Sunderland (A) D
West Ham (H) D
Swansea (H) W
Man Utd (A) L
Everton (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Total 8pts = 77 pts

Spurs' run-in
Man Utd (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Brom (H) W
Chelsea (A) L
Southampton (H) W

Leicester will get 9-11pts i think

We need to win every game, if we do we win the league, if we dont we wont.
I think its too much now unless leicester fall apart which is probably them ending up on 77pts allowing us to drop points in a single game.

Last weekend decided the title, this weekend decides champions league places

Agreed. They are getting every break imaginable at the moment, but lets not forget they have been top for nearly all of the season and have had some great results. They absolutely bossed Emirates Marketing Project at the Etihad and played some good football earlier in the season. They are grinding results out now after doing the fancy stuff in the first half of the season. Would be nice if they had SOME bad luck at some point, but you can't win the league being lucky all season.

I agree with you, Leicester have got the run of the ball in a lot of games but that happens some times. I do not like the way they play and I have been saying all season that I think they would slip down the table ( but it seems I was wrong). However the tables ( at the end of the season) does not lie and if they finish up as winners then they deserve it after 38 games, anything else from others is just sour grapes.

The run-in will be 'interesting' but I dont think it will see us being victorious this season championship wise. IF though we can start next season in this form it will be a much better platform for honors next time round. We must get off to a better start and stop the silly home defeats. As we all know the failures were not at Liverpool saturday night but at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester.

With a such a slow August points wise Leicester had 8 we had 3!
We are a young side and these lessons will be learned.

Back