• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

On talksport this morning they were saying how unlucky West Ham have been with decisions, then a very brief mention of how lucky Leicester have been before trotting out the old chestnut of it evens it self out, well if it does Leicester are going to concede 6 penalties and have four red cards in the next 5 games.

Not to mention a few injuries, hitting the posts and a few decisions going against them.

Sorry I don't go along with some of what you have said.

I also was also optimistic about Son when he signed and he did score some good goals.
I don't go along with all this needed pre season bollox..unless he's very young and inexperienced.
He trains with the squad every day I hope? If he is not over the injury why is he playing.
Remember Defoe!!!!A great player .scored great goals..but he simply would not turn
up when he was needed in the big games. It's great to see a player in Harry Kane for us at last, that does not have that mentality...and
Imo and I do believe i'm right most humbly..you have either got the ability and confidence or not.
Now if Son turns out to lack confidence when it's needed,we will badly lack that punch to support Kane upfront.
I hope this does not happen next \season for Son and us ..as it will lead to even more dissapointment..Come on you Spurs....

Are you saying that pre-season is not important?

The table only tells you how many points were accumulated. It tells you nothing about whether more than half of them were deserved, how many mistakes by officials were required to get them there or whether any performance-enhancing substances have been taken.

No sour grapes there then ;)

The MotD pundits highlighted Kane's less-than-sharpness in the first half at Anfield -- on recent form, there's no chance he would have paused like he did when through on goal. Not a criticism of Kane, but this is the end of a long season where he's covered an awful lot of miles. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already spent 50% more time on the pitch for Spurs than he did last year, never mind England duty.

N'Jie and Son were bought at least partially to shoulder his burden, but it's not worked through bad luck -- but at least it wasn't Kane who got injured!

Like many others on here, I would have given my left arm to be 2nd at this stage of the season. I'd have given my right arm for a cup win as well! But no matter how disappointed I am at not winning the league, I am not going to blame our clutch of young Spurs, or Poch, or Levy. I believe we'll be in the mix next season -- Dortmund's level now is where we should be in two seasons' time. Hopefully.

I think we already have our backup winger/striker in N'jie and Son, but it wouldn't hurt to get a young #9 in the summer, plus of course backup for Dier. It's going to be difficult though -- would a Schneiderlin type come here knowing he'd have to mix it with Eric? Sort of like Mendes leaving due to the emergence of Carrick...which of course came back the following season to bite us.

Anyway. Enough rambling. Audere est facere. And COYS!

We have a week between games now so plenty of time to recover and freshen up for the next games. Tiredness shouldn't really be an issue - people like Ronaldo, Suarez and Messi etc play 50/60 games every season and never look tired.

maybe they know Leicester's doctor?

If football has taught us anything it's that things can change very quickly. Until it is impossible to do so everyone at the club has to believe that we can win this league title. I believe that the 3 games leicester have at the end of the season will test them and I also believe that arsenal are still in with a chance if the foxes do have a wobble. I want us to be that team that is there if this happens although it's looking unlike considering the luck they have had this season.

If football has taught us anything it's that things can change very quickly. Until it is impossible to do so everyone at the club has to believe that we can win this league title. I believe that the 3 games leicester have at the end of the season will test them and I also believe that arsenal are still in with a chance if the foxes do have a wobble. I want us to be that team that is there if this happens although it's looking unlike considering the luck they have had this season.

A funny thing is the stats they keep rolling out about where Leicester were last season and where they are this season never lead any so-called 'expert' to say they might fall away. They changed their fortunes for the better last season, so here's hoping it happens this season. And if it doesn't we still support the greatest club.

This... I doubt many on this forum would agree with me but to be honest I think they should scrap the League Cup completely and remove FA Cup replays to accommodate a winter break.

No reason why they can't accomodate it even with the two cup comps.

I'd always like the Boxing Day fixture to remain. Perhaps a two week break until the FA Cup 3rd round would suffice. Having said that, I don't think it's going to be the great panacea that everyone thinks it will be. Take England for example, our biggest problem at tournaments is out inability to keep the ball, I don't think a winter break would cure that.

This... I doubt many on this forum would agree with me but to be honest I think they should scrap the League Cup completely and remove FA Cup replays to accommodate a winter break.

I like the general idea but would go about it differently, I'd scrap the FA cup use the free weekends to make room for a winter break

maybe make the league cup optional or put in a rule that top level clubs have to field 5 under 21's at all times

No reason why they can't accomodate it even with the two cup comps.

I'd always like the Boxing Day fixture to remain. Perhaps a two week break until the FA Cup 3rd round would suffice. Having said that, I don't think it's going to be the great panacea that everyone thinks it will be. Take England for example, our biggest problem at tournaments is out inability to keep the ball, I don't think a winter break would cure that.

I'm not that bothered about England so didn't really think of that. More that it helps the whole league have their best players fit through out the season if we have a winter break and maybe it would even help English teams out in Europe as well.

I'd also like the boxing day fixture to remain.

I like the general idea but would go about it differently, I'd scrap the FA cup use the free weekends to make room for a winter break

maybe make the league cup optional or put in a rule that top level clubs have to field 5 under 21's at all times

Scrap the FA Cup! I assume you're being sarcastic?!

Let's face it we know why there will never be a winter break- TV schedules.
It must be sky's most lucrative time for ads. Holidays, stuck in with crap weather, wall to wall football it's a licence to print money for them.

What a disgraceful idea. How about players play for the badge and their fans like they used to instead of moaning like little bitches about how tired they are?

What a disgraceful idea. How about players play for the badge and their fans like they used to instead of moaning like little bitches about how tired they are?

firstly they are professional athletes, they play for the pay cheque

step back, think about it this way, if the FA Cup didn't already exist and someone suggested starting it, it wouldn't have a chance

I'm going to use a Formula 1 analogy as I feel that separates it enough from preconceived bias

We have the current race calendar where drivers accrue points on a race by race basis, at the end of the season the highest points total wins F1, now, let's add a second competition alongside that, we are going to have extra races (some of which will be in car parks and school playing fields), only you don't get any points from these, and we are going to let amateurs in go karts and family mini vans onto the same track, with our highly trained and expensive superstar drivers, and at the end the one that wins gets a pat on the head, nothing else, no place in the race of champions, just a pat on the head

of course the FIA are never going to do that, as it's an absolutely bonkers idea

Let's just hope that Fat Sam can conjure up a win for them, I think it'll be tough for Leicester up there. We beat Utd, maybe we get within 4 points with 5 games left. Still everything to play for imo.
I think it is highly unlikely that Sunderland get anything against Leicester. They nearly always concede at least one goal, and so will need to score at least 2 to win. We all know how mean Leicester's defence is, the likelihood is Sunderland will not even score 1; so for me another 1-0 win for Leicester. I hope I am wrong of course. We just need to concentrate on our game. Realistically the first slip up for Leicester should be at West Ham.

Back