• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Whatever happens in the run in this season and being in the title race has been fantastic. This young squad with this young manager bodes so well for the future. Solid foundations will lead us to more trophy hunts. The future's bright, the future's Lillywhite!

I feel sure that the Gooners will overtake us with their easy run in. So part of me wants Leicester to keep winning to ensure the Goons don't win it.

2nd or 3rd is much of a muchness, sure I want to win it... but I don't think we will... sure I want second... but we will probably be overtaken by the Goons... but by GHod I don't want those feckers from down the road winning it at the death. That would be too much like 1989 or whenever it was when that w**ker Rocastle scored at the death.

effectively now 1pt behind us and a far easier run-in. Think we are looking at 3rd place at best. If City find some form now De Bruyne is back we could even drop to 4th

For 4th to happen we would have to lose at least three of our final games. Do you really think that will happen mate? I think top 3. We must keep going for the title until it is impossible. Nothing to say it won't all get weird on Leicester (though I admit it is a slim chance at best)...

There's no way the ref would have been able to tell that in normal speed as it's a slight movement you're talking about

Agreed but he could tell it hit his hand and stopped a goal

I always think the rule should be if an advantage is gained from the handball which in this case it was - and that to me is a pen

Agreed but he could tell it hit his hand and stopped a goal

I always think the rule should be if an advantage is gained from the handball which in this case it was - and that to me is a pen

Even in that case, as I keep saying, the fact his body was also in the way means there was no advantage gained from handling the ball as his body would have blocked the shot anyway - had his arm been away from his body then you could say he gained an advantage as if his arm wasn't there it would have been a goal...

I feel far more gutted this weekend than I thought I would. My head had us to lose yesterday but going into the game my heart really felt we could win it. Another day, a sharper performance and we would have done. I really expected Leicester to drop points either last weekend or this one. They must drop some points before season end (surely?) so we just have to keep our focus and set out to win every game just to keep them in our sights. If not then we will be best placed for 2nd or 3rd. Poch and his staff have a big job ahead of them no to lift the team. If this (I.e. a bit deflated) is how we as fans are feeling, the players are likely feeling the same. I hope we the crowd can create a cauldron of an atmosphere next Sunday that will 'spur' the team on. The title might be getting further from our reach but the season is not over. We have had a brilliant season. So much to be proud of. Let's finish it on a high

Even in that case, as I keep saying, the fact his body was also in the way means there was no advantage gained from handling the ball as his body would have blocked the shot anyway - had his arm been away from his body then you could say he gained an advantage as if his arm wasn't there it would have been a goal...
The first pen claim could be debatable but the second one (Huth?) looked nailed on. But from what I could tell the Soton players did not seem to be especially shouting for either?

The ball hit his hand - that's why happened

Doesn't matter what it may have hit, it hot his hand and stopped a goal so IMO ahoudkshould have been an infringement

I agree of his arm wasn't there it would have hit his body - and he would be the first one armed footballer to play pro

Over the last season or so i've heard a lot on this board of regression toward (or to) the mean. Knowing almost nothing about statistics and probability i've always read those comments with interest.

With Leicesters run this season i would be interested if anyone has come across any interesting analysis of them this season with regards probability and mean and so on. This "fairytale" stuff is simply no longer cutting it for me.

When you add up their performance (most of) last season plus their improvement this season and then calculate in (the needed for Leicester to be top) failures of Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U and Chelsea et al to play to their mean this season then the odds/possibility/statistical chance of Leicester being top by 7 clear points at this stage of the season must have been unutterably, breathtakingly remote if number crunched?

On a slightly more black-humoured note, what would have been the statistical probability of Spurs being champions this season? Pretty low. BUT being denied by Leicester? The chances of that are mind-spinning surely, as they would have to be added (or multiplied?) together?

Sorry if this takes the thread OT somewhat, i'm just genuinely struggling to get my mind around this. Also for any misuse of terminology!

Sounds incredible but if it was anyone else in 1st position I'd be delighted with being 2nd. After everything we've endured to finish second to these peasants would kill it for me.

I can't give them credit.
I could handle it if only people would come out and say how extremely lucky they have been.

The ball hit his hand - that's why happened

Doesn't matter what it may have hit, it hot his hand and stopped a goal so IMO ahoudkshould have been an infringement

I agree of his arm wasn't there it would have hit his body - and he would be the first one armed footballer to play pro

We're not going to agree are we?

Its amazing how I, mistakenly, thought we had top 4 sewn up two weeks ago. All of a sudden I'm worried about the filth and United.

Back