• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Looks good for Norwich or Crystal Palace next season for a champions league place. Because Leicester are no better

Absolutely, teams know they only just stayed up last season so attacked them as they sat back. They played counter attacking direct(long ball) football, combine that with every other of the top teams having off years or periods of rebuilding they have lucked their way to a title. I do not often agree with Owen but I could see them getting relegated next year and I would love that. I hate the boring negative Italian football they play.

I would actually rather finish third then finish second behind them, being second when Leicester have won the title would be the biggest insult and kill my love for football like when Wimbledon won the cup.

Realistically we need 5 wins from our last 6...say 16 points. Then Leicester would need 10 from 6 to finish above us. There has to be a real chance that they get not get that. Their only gimme that's left is Swansea at home. To get 10 points from 6 they probably need 3 wins, and it's not obvious to me they'll do that. Question is can get take 16 points from our last 6.....

Stop talking about the title! It's not gonna happen! Everything is going Leicesters way! Every bounce, deflection and decision is going their way. It's not suddenly gonna change in the last couple of games.

Realistically we need 5 wins from our last 6...say 16 points. Then Leicester would need 10 from 6 to finish above us. There has to be a real chance that they get not get that. Their only gimme that's left is Swansea at home. To get 10 points from 6 they probably need 3 wins, and it's not obvious to me they'll do that. Question is can get take 16 points from our last 6.....

They have won almost every game that's mattered This season - beaten all the top sides except for Arsenal

Their are no gimmes in this league

What Leicester has shown is that there are many ways of winning the EPL. I will not begrudge them their win. It is not the Spurs way to do such. They played the same number of EPL games as us and are ahead. If we want to be champions, we know exactly what has to happen. If Leicester can do it, no excuse for us or any other club not doing it!!

Is that six 1-0 in a row now? Saints were much the better side today but I don't think they really created many chances. That said, Leicester's inevitable march to the title is looking remarkably similar to Chelsea's CL win a few years ago. There could have been two penalties given to the away side today, although both were ball-to-hand from close range. Personally, I think that if you derive an advantage from a hand in these circumstances then a penalty should be awarded; but it's not up to me.

I think that Leicester are far from the best team in the league, but they have got the best results so who are we to argue? It's got to be better than Arsenal winning it. I just hope we can hold on for second.

Leicester are 7 points clear. *IF* They beat Sunderland they go 10 points clear (at least until our game v United.

However, if Sunderland somehow win (and boy do they need wins) and we beat united we'll somehow 'only' be 4 points behind with 5 games left.

I will begrudge them. I feel gutted right now. Just don't get how this is happening. 7 points adrift of safety this time last year to 7 points ahead of the nearest challenger this year. It's unreal.

It's chastening and it hurts those who like their football played with a certain panache.

Personally, I don't understand why people are not willing to give Leicester more credit. All the way through the season it has been Leicester will fall apart before Christmas, after Christmas, before the end of the season etc etc. when so far they have proved all the doubters wrong. If they do win the title, it will be nothing other than an astonishing managerial and team performance. You might luck a CL title but not the Premiership over an entire season. They have talented players, an excellent team ethic, and so far enough nerve.

And if it is not to be our season - and as I thought it could be a tough season for us, I'll be very happy with a top 3/4 which is still far from given - I would much rather Leicester won the title than Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Chelsea or, heaven forbid, the Spammers.

i started the season expecting fifth/challenging for CL places, so happy if leicester win the title and we come in 2nd
i stand by my early assessment that our draws would cost us dearly; despite a full pre season poch didn't know who his first eleven was until around 10 games - when dier was moved into DM and Alli further forward (beyond Kane). Kane not scoring, not continuing from where he ended last season was evidence of this.
but poch is a young coach and he is still learning so I am happy that he sorted it out after 10 games
i think the future is bright, and i think levy has done well to finally assemble a team that works, and credit goes to levy, mitchell as much as poch
some obvious gaps need to be sorted... DM, striker etc.
already looking forward to next season and looking forward to seeing leicester and us in the CL

Personally, I don't understand why people are not willing to give Leicester more credit. All the way through the season it has been Leicester will fall apart before Christmas, after Christmas, before the end of the season etc etc. when so far they have proved all the doubters wrong. If they do win the title, it will be nothing other than an astonishing managerial and team performance. You might luck a CL title but not the Premiership over an entire season. They have talented players, an excellent team ethic, and so far enough nerve.

And if it is not to be our season - and as I thought it could be a tough season for us, I'll be very happy with a top 3/4 which is still far from given - I would much rather Leicester won the title than Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Chelsea or, heaven forbid, the Spammers.
Of course they deserve credit. I am absolutely feeling bitter right now. Gut wrenching watching them win the league when I know we are just as capable and have played the best football this season. F*** I sound like a gooner. I'll get over it next year when we win the league.

Of course they deserve credit. I am absolutely feeling bitter right now. Gut wrenching watching them win the league when I know we are just as capable and have played the best football this season. F*** I sound like a gooner. I'll get over it next year when we win the league.

Given the way it looked things might go after AVB/Sherwood, and then the spending/misspending of the Bale money, I am very encouraged that the club is moving in the right direction. If we get CL football that will hopefully persuade players to stay that might otherwise have left. Now we need a settled period and progression through evolution rather than revolution, if we get that stability then the future looks promising.

I think it comes down to these 3 difficult games we have Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Leicesters last 3. If we can gain 7 points out of these games (1 point already) and Leicester drop 7 points in them last 3 then it's still possible. Its not impossible for Leicester to only take 1 point from Chelsea, Everton and United but it all depends on the games inbetween and if we go on a run its still all to play for.

I think it comes down to these 3 difficult games we have Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Leicesters last 3. If we can gain 7 points out of these games (1 point already) and Leicester drop 7 points in them last 3 then it's still possible. Its not impossible for Leicester to only take 1 point from Chelsea, Everton and United but it all depends on the games inbetween and if we go on a run its still all to play for.

We need to be within 3 points at that point but I just can't see it happening

Today was one we needed a swing in but it didn't happen

How that was never given as a pen I'll never know

Back