• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

i can only imagine that you came in this thread with potential negative thoughts towards anything written

i can help you with this my good man. I am here to tell you, you DO NOT actually have to be in this thread or take part in any discussion that happens from here on in if you feel that it will put you needlessly in a negative / bad mood

with that fine print in mind proceed with caution , and good luck

I'm just pleased to see your posting style hasn't changed, especially when you don't like a popular player and can't outright come out and say it because you're scared to be ridiculed.

Let's take a player who has done us proud this season but who is very unpopular among a subset of fans. Then let's see if we can nitpick away at him to turn those that are happy with him against him and what better way to do that but by suggesting alternatives?

We have an alternative. He is called Sandro. Or in some people's minds Huddlestone. Defensive midfield is probably the area at the club that needs discussing the least.

I'm just pleased to see your posting style hasn't changed, especially when you don't like a popular player and can't outright come out and say it because you're scared to be ridiculed.

Let's take a player who has done us proud this season but who is very unpopular among a subset of fans. Then let's see if we can nitpick away at him to turn those that are happy with him against him and what better way to do that but by suggesting alternatives?

We have an alternative. He is called Sandro. Or in some people's minds Huddlestone. Defensive midfield is probably the area at the club that needs discussing the least.

right, clearly you've got issues that you are holding on to. i cant help you in that area unfortunately

i would appreciate it though if you could tell me a popular player i have EVER been 'scared' to say exactly what i think. it would help prove your accusations just a little bit

not that i need to prove anything to you but i have always liked parker, you wont be able to find anything to prove otherwise.....do your thing you used to do...have a good old search and let me knwo what you find

and if our conversation , like most times, goes south...please be aware that the tone and accusations started with yourself Mr "Tom huddlestone cant pass . ...oh wait i was joking after slating him for months till he came into full tottenham first team".......oh yeah

as far as being scared of talking about players? i give you sandro.......

so much black calling between the pair us i see in our future

I do not think us not getting Diarra has been our problem. We lack a top striker (or two), a quality central defender and competition for Bale and Lennon

right, clearly you've got issues that you are holding on to. i cant help you in that area unfortunately

i would appreciate it though if you could tell me a popular player i have EVER been 'scared' to say exactly what i think. it would help prove your accusations just a little bit

not that i need to prove anything to you but i have always liked parker, you wont be able to find anything to prove otherwise.....do your thing you used to do...have a good old search and let me knwo what you find

and if our conversation , like most times, goes south...please be aware that the tone and accusations started with yourself Mr "Tom huddlestone cant pass . ...oh wait i was joking after slating him for months till he came into full tottenham first team".......oh yeah

as far as being scared of talking about players? i give you sandro.......

so much black calling between the pair us i see in our future

For the record, I still don't rate Huddlestone that highly actually and nor do I think he is an amazing passer of the ball. His short range passing game, and his forward passing leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. His spreading of the play to the wings is superb though. But that's another conversation.

This is another anti-Parker thread, so we'll get back on topic. I didn't want Parker to sign, didn't understand why we bought him. Am pleased to be proved wrong. It doesn't happen often.....

For the record, I still don't rate Huddlestone that highly actually and nor do I think he is an amazing passer of the ball. His short range passing game, and his forward passing leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. His spreading of the play to the wings is superb though. But that's another conversation.

This is another anti-Parker thread,
so we'll get back on topic. I didn't want Parker to sign, didn't understand why we bought him. Am pleased to be proved wrong. It doesn't happen often.....

appreciate you toning it down, but i'll follow your subtle dig with a promise to call you on any time you bring up a topic that appears to reflect even slightly poorly on another member of our footballing staff, again it truly hasnt goone unoticed to some about your u-turn on sandro and his detremental effect on our team and its coring capabilities or the sandro cant play with modric fiasco...you nasty anti - sandro hater you..

staying on topic though, i actually wanted parker or diarra....i liked them both , and i was proved right.

Now i'm thinking i might waant more after seeing Xabi alonso last night , i'm thinking..."diarra or moutinho is probably about as much to alonso as we are likely to get while still keeping some form of tenacity that parker brings. nah..no chance of moutinho...too highly regarded and is not surpplus to requirements in current club, maybe another pass at diarra".

Hence my 'could the grass be greener elswhere' thread.

Last summer, I wanted Diarra ahead of Parker. Retrospectively, Parker was the right choice for me. He may have lost a bit of the form from when he signed but he was a MASSIVE influence on that incredible run we had after the first two games of the season.

I'm just not sure Diarra would have had that much of an influence on proceedings. All conjecture obviously.

Last summer, I wanted Diarra ahead of Parker. Retrospectively, Parker was the right choice for me. He may have lost a bit of the form from when he signed but he was a MASSIVE influence on that incredible run we had after the first two games of the season.

I'm just not sure Diarra would have had that much of an influence on proceedings. All conjecture obviously.

i know what you mean but in this bad run, and because of this bad run, my finger pointing has fallen ball parker's ball utilisation. it was eiher that or VDV (ironic seeing as someone here has said i am 'scared' of criticising popular players) and his constant need to drift away from his strike partner and pick the ball up in areas where he doesnt threaten the goal or the last defensive line. Thought he was going to be our bergkamp

I understand what you mean. Parker and VDV are the types of players that can become have-a-go heroes and try to single-handedly steer the ship. However, this can sometimes be to the detriment of the team. When they're on song, a pleasure to watch but it can be that consistency that can be lacking. Diarra would maybe have provided more consistency over the season so far.

I honestly think a bit more squad-rotation would have these players fired up on a more regular basis. You cannot doubt VDV's quality and Parker's determination, grit and bravery. It's just so difficult to do that game in game out. I'm looking forward to Hudd's return, will give us yet another option. We have a very strong central midfield, we just need to have all available and rotated depending on opposition in my opinion.

you're right in that i could very well be looking for problems that aren't paramount...but to say that its the movement that makes parkers passing less than adequate i have to say is not true at all. parker over the last few months since i've noticed has not been passing well at all.....with or without movement. maybe its just not his thing anymore

I can't say I've noticed in a dip in Parker's passing abilities. I realise this is difficult but can you pinpoint specific examples or matches where he was poor? I can only think of the occasional poor pass out wide that was particularly evident.

ironically, sandro is indeed a worse passer than parker and yet sandro doesnt attempt anything too complicated and he releases the ball quicker than parker more often, you wont catch sandro dwelling on it too often

have to disagree with sando vacating his role 'too often' , i honestly believe that to not be true. he only does that when there is cover and he almost always breaks forward at the right time...no question. he is very disciplined especially when playing next to someone that is frequently advanced. if he is playing with parker then maybe the level of going forward gets raised abit, but too often? no, not for me

I've seen Sandro bomb on unnecessarily on more than one occasion - Chelsea last year when he scored but the management were screaming at him to sit. He then proceeded to make the same mistakes this year against Chelsea and it took a good 30 mins to get him to sit in position. Again he came on against Arsenal and was bombing forward until Dawson came on near the end and told him for the umpteenth time that day to stay in position. I'm sure there are other examples!

I can't say I've noticed in a dip in Parker's passing abilities. I realise this is difficult but can you pinpoint specific examples or matches where he was poor? I can only think of the occasional poor pass out wide that was particularly evident.

I've seen Sandro bomb on unnecessarily on more than one occasion - Chelsea last year when he scored but the management were screaming at him to sit. He then proceeded to make the same mistakes this year against Chelsea and it took a good 30 mins to get him to sit in position. Again he came on against Arsenal and was bombing forward until Dawson came on near the end and told him for the umpteenth time that day to stay in position. I'm sure there are other examples!

You've got me in a difficult position , i can see a few misplaced passes where he's hit the ball on the inside of defenders hoping for someone to run on to it on for the ball to have bad weighting and no curve / spin on it. but for the life of me i cant remember the team or when exactly it happened. for you and i its going to have to be an ongoiing thing from this point, as in from now on we both have a look at parkers passing and timely relelase of the ball (the second i say this parker is going to have a blinder with it)

chelsea last year, granted........but this year away from home played with parker. there is every chance they alternated responsibility on who went forward. i cant remember if he played against chelsea at home?
i cant remember the arsenal one either , i stopped watching at about 3 or 4 goals against us.

but i'm telling you this confidently, when sandro is playing with a more offensive minded player next to him he is disciplined and his posotioning is excellent

You've got me in a difficult position , i can see a few misplaced passes where he's hit the ball on the inside of defenders hoping for someone to run on to it on for the ball to have bad weighting and no curve / spin on it. but for the life of me i cant remember the team or when exactly it happened. for you and i its going to have to be an ongoiing thing from this point, as in from now on we both have a look at parkers passing and timely relelase of the ball (the second i say this parker is going to have a blinder with it)

Yep, I'll keep an eye out over the next 5 games. I'll be at WHL in the flesh for the last 2 home games so I'll get a good view.

chelsea last year, granted........but this year away from home played with parker. there is every chance they alternated responsibility on who went forward. i cant remember if he played against chelsea at home?
i cant remember the arsenal one either , i stopped watching at about 3 or 4 goals against us.

but i'm telling you this confidently, when sandro is playing with a more offensive minded player next to him he is disciplined and his posotioning is excellent

The coaching staff were screaming at Sandro to hold in the league game at the Bridge a few weeks back. He vacated midfield on several occasions to go hunting the ball from the centre-halves of Chelsea! It was crazy, almost cost us until fortunately we got some instructions across to him. I couldn't believe it as he started like that from kick-off. Surely he'd had instruction to sit in midfield? Parker is better going forwards - West Brom away a case in point when Parker went and Sandro held.

Against Arsenal it was the exact same thing - 30 mins of manic pressing which cost us the game as Parker was left to man the ship completely alone and Arsenal broke time after time when Sandro had gone hunting the ball 20 yards higher up the pitch along with Bale and VdV who were not holding their wide positions.

He's clearly not stupid so I can only think that its adrenaline which is causing these rushes of blood.

Yep, I'll keep an eye out over the next 5 games. I'll be at WHL in the flesh for the last 2 home games so I'll get a good view.

The coaching staff were screaming at Sandro to hold in the league game at the Bridge a few weeks back. He vacated midfield on several occasions to go hunting the ball from the centre-halves of Chelsea! It was crazy, almost cost us until fortunately we got some instructions across to him. I couldn't believe it as he started like that from kick-off. Surely he'd had instruction to sit in midfield? Parker is better going forwards - West Brom away a case in point when Parker went and Sandro held.

Against Arsenal it was the exact same thing - 30 mins of manic pressing which cost us the game as Parker was left to man the ship completely alone and Arsenal broke time after time when Sandro had gone hunting the ball 20 yards higher up the pitch along with Bale and VdV who were not holding their wide positions.

He's clearly not stupid so I can only think that its adrenaline which is causing these rushes of blood.

i can only assume that this is a stadium seat versus armchair view cause this is not what i associate with sandro at all. but we've got the next few games to have a look

@Tynesidespur..hold on mate, are you saying that sandro was one of the main reasons we got trashed by arsenal? and parker was the guy that did little to nothing wrong as far as defensive responsibilities goes?

Interesting, I've always felt that Parker gets rushes of blood to the head in a similar way (charging forward with the ball or sprinting to close down opposing centre-backs). I wish neither of them would do it!

Then again, it would be quite interesting to see us start with a midfield of Parker, Sandro, Lennon and Bale, and press the brick out of the opposition...

Interesting, I've always felt that Parker gets rushes of blood to the head in a similar way (charging forward with the ball or sprinting to close down opposing centre-backs). I wish neither of them would do it!

Then again, it would be quite interesting to see us start with a midfield of Parker, Sandro, Lennon and Bale, and press the brick out of the opposition...

this thing about sandro pressing the CBs , i have to say, unless its a one off due to his position at the time of when we lose the ball or if the ball is just in sight of him on some rare occasion and he does that harrasing thing all the way to the goal keep forcing the long kick, i have never associated him with that level of ill discipline while playing for us. never.

we'll see from now on

i wonder how many infractions we've incurred on this thread alone?

can we get back on topic then ? before we get penalised

The Moonlit Knight;83590[B said:
]I'm just pleased to see your posting style hasn't changed, especially when you don't like a popular player and can't outright come out and say it because you're scared to be ridiculed.[/B]

This coming from the ultimate Ekotto/Kaboul hater who has to point this out on near enough every thread he posts, blames them for goals that 99.9% of football fans who watched it clearly see otherwise, and always feel the need to exaggerate how bad either player is playing (and is infamous for the minus one from what you actually believe they deserved on the match ratings thread).

First half, obviously he wasn't on the pitch, but we were level at 2-2 having played OK, not particularly well but steady enough until that last 10-15 mins of the half. The momentum was with Arsenal but Sandro was brought on to stem that momentum.

In the second half? Yes, one of the main reasons.

To my recollection the front 4 plus Sandro pretty much left the back four and Parker to fend for themselves while the rest of them had a field day going forwards.

Bale and VdV were given nominal starting positions of left and right respectively. They wandered from those positions and did not track the Arsenal full backs. Sandro and Modric ran forwards and did not support Parker in defensive midfield areas. Consequently when Arsenal won the ball it would take two passes through midfield for their front 3 suddenly to be bearing down on goal with plenty of runners in support with only Parker providing any support.

I'm not saying he did well or was some sort of martyr however it was not dereliction of duty like Sandro in that second 45 mins.

Back