• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

We could have gone gone 2-1 up twice before the 50th minute in the second half, and then Bale hit the bar.

I know our attack isnt doing it....but we are still creating chances to score, and we did score. The fact that both their goals should never have happened, defense wise, shows that their goals are far from irrelevent, as you said.

We should, and could have played poorly and won yesterday.

We are not creating anymore chances than any other average PL side in any average game. Sure, we may be noted for a shot when Bale tanks it into the stand yet again or when Ade skims the header right at the keeper whatever, but we aren't creating more qualified chances (such as Ekottos brilliant pass-and-move initative last night) than e.g. Norwich did and we didn't outdo Sunderland either on saturday.

That's why their goals are irrelevant in the grand context. We are an attacking team and we want to be 4th or even 3rd. Yet we don't create much attacking. What about the Arsenal game. We scored two goals. Do you think we created much that game ?

What about 0-0 Liverpool ? The 0-0 Chelsea ? The 0-0 Sunderland ? The Stoke 1-1 ? Even in our latest big scoring win against promoted Swansea (who still could go down) we didn't dominate truly attacking.

I disagree. What made us potent is we were balanced. You had Ade up top, VDV roaming behind him. Two wingers stretching the play, and Modric/Parker maintaining the quality of possesion in midfield.

We go back to that, and it will work again. We deviated from that and that's where we are going wrong.

THIS. And please remember that we have only deviated from it because of injuries to VDV and Lennon. If everyone is fit, that is the system and team that Harry will play.

We had a tough run of fixtures, lost VDV and Lennon which ruined our shape, had a number of underservedly poor results, and are now suffering a loss of confidence.

If everyone stats fit and we revert back to our normal system and lineup, and the fans get behind the team and encourage them to try and help them out of this slump, we will finish 4th.

THIS. And please remember that we have only deviated from it because of injuries to VDV and Lennon. If everyone is fit, that is the system and team that Harry will play.

We had a tough run of fixtures, lost VDV and Lennon which ruined our shape, had a number of underservedly poor results, and are now suffering a loss of confidence.

If everyone stats fit and we revert back to our normal system and lineup, and the fans get behind the team and encourage them to try and help them out of this slump, we will finish 4th.

why did we not start with VDV and Ade yesterday ?

As I said in the other thread, I presume because we played two games in 48 hours. Adebayor has played more minutes than any other striker in the league bar RVP, and VDV covers more ground than any other Spurs player; I assume that they needed a rest after starting against Sunderland two days earlier.

He would have never in his entire career considered the pass to Defoe - forward and longer than 5 yards, (assuming he would have been in for Livermore) so we could have either lost 0:2 or drawn 0:0 but to concude we would have comfortably won a game we struggled to dominate due to his inclusion is speculative at best.

He can motivate all he wants but soft bottling qunts, not getting stuck-in for eachother is a far bigger issue than a single DM, imv.

Thats nonsense, I remember at the start of the season him playing an almost identical through ball for adebayor

As I said in the other thread, I presume because we played two games in 48 hours. Adebayor has played more minutes than any other striker in the league bar RVP, and VDV covers more ground than any other Spurs player; I assume that they needed a rest after starting against Sunderland two days earlier.

So say hypothetically we play away to Anhzi in the CL on a very cold Wed night. By the time we get home it will either be very late Wed night, or first thing on the Thursday. We will still only have 2 days to recover for Saturdays game. Do we drop them again ?

So say hypothetically we play away to Anhzi in the CL on a very cold Wed night. By the time we get home it will either be very late Wed night, or first thing on the Thursday. We will still only have 2 days to recover for Saturdays game. Do we drop them again ?

I don't know. Maybe. What's your point?! My only point is that I believe Harry's first-choice lineup contains Modric, Parker, Bale, Lennon, VDV and Adebayor, and the only reason he hasn't played that lineup in our recent poor run is due to injuries and / or a need to rest some of those players.

Now that they're all fit, and we don't have any games more than 4 days apart, let's see who he picks. If he continues to not use the aforementioned team, I'll be as surprised and annoyed as anyone else.

Parker/Chasing a game

I was watching the game yesterday and thinking that Parker was the only one showing some bottle to drag us back into it, but then I couldnt help wonder if this was more a hinderance.

Let me explain....

Parker drove forward a number of times and carried the ball, ok

But what this left was Luka having to play further back and even worse, a big hole in front of our back four and the chance to be exposed.

This happens a lot with Parker and I must wonder if it is a help or hinderance, plus does it nullify Modric's game and not give him chance to influence it?

I love Parker and his attitude, I just think he can cause our shape to be unbalanced and take players space in attacking areas.

I'm thinking Modric's poor defensive qualities are more a hinderance than Parker going forward. If all Parker did was pass sideways to Modric or VdV dropping deep we'd hear nothing but "What does Parker do other than square balls"

Parker's the only one who shows any desire to fight for the cause and unlike Modric won't be pushing for a transfer for the third window running.

He was our best player by miles, showing passion and desire.

One run sticks out when he ran from the halfway line i think it was and battled his way into their box and managed to win a corner battering 3 players through the process.

If VDV and Modric were any good then Parker would not have to get forward, VDV and Modric play too deep and dont support Ade, without Parker yesterday would have been a fudging embarrassment.

If VDV and Modric were any good then Parker would not have to get forward, VDV and Modric play too deep and dont support Ade, without Parker yesterday would have been a fudging embarrassment.

1-5 is beyond embarrassing

I was watching the game yesterday and thinking that Parker was the only one showing some bottle to drag us back into it, but then I couldnt help wonder if this was more a hinderance.

Let me explain....

Parker drove forward a number of times and carried the ball, ok

But what this left was Luka having to play further back and even worse, a big hole in front of our back four and the chance to be exposed.

This happens a lot with Parker and I must wonder if it is a help or hinderance, plus does it nullify Modric's game and not give him chance to influence it?

I love Parker and his attitude, I just think he can cause our shape to be unbalanced and take players space in attacking areas.

This would fine if didnt have slow centre halfs. If they had pace we could have pushed up into that gap and got way with it.

Last edited:
Parker was the only player yesterday wh I was proud of. Everything else could suck my left and right testicle with Harry sucking my big fat ****.

arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am angry now moreso than yesterday. Yesterday i felt like I couldnt care less but this morning I woke up in a mood and now even moreso.

as long as people have been watching footbal , you'd think that they would realise what poor confidence and lack of form would do to someone's ability

modric isnt bad defensively at all. he isnt amazing cause he isnt a defensive minded players, but he's certainly just as good if not better than alot alot of the top rated Cm's in the world.

i

Back