• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Interesting, I've always felt that Parker gets rushes of blood to the head in a similar way (charging forward with the ball or sprinting to close down opposing centre-backs). I wish neither of them would do it!

Then again, it would be quite interesting to see us start with a midfield of Parker, Sandro, Lennon and Bale, and press the brick out of the opposition...

I would like to see that midfield against QPR with Modric given a week off.

Parker does occasionally drive forward with the ball. I've no problem with that, its very obvious to the other players and one should have the mental capacity to drop in to cover him. If he was charging forwards without the ball I would have a problem. The same goes for Sandro - come forwards with the ball - no problem. Charging after centre-halves? No, not from midfielders.

As for the Parker and Diarra debate it was a no brainer for me at the time and is still a no brainer to this day. Parker has been an exceptional signing and has been our most consistent player this season (i said even before we signed him that not only would he be a great signing but he'll be our player of the season). Arry was absolutely spot on making his his number 1 target.

The real shame is that Arry wasn't able to bring in Bellamy with him (and then samba after that). We'd have gone from having a few players with the right fight and attitude to double that figure.

We have an alternative. He is called Sandro. Or in some people's minds Huddlestone. Defensive midfield is probably the area at the club that needs discussing the least.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this!

I think we should try to have as many posts as possible undermining any possibility whatsoever that Parker has been a good buy. He is English and not that athletic, therefore he must be brick and it is important he therefore gets no credit at all.

We'd be winning the league if we'd signed Diarra and the fact that Redknapp bought Parker over him is a definite indication that Redknapp is out of touch and needs to go.

=D>

Parker's been great. Sandro is developing. Livermore's another alternative.

Hell, even Hudd's coming back for 2012-2013.

Extremely pointless to shore up our strongest area.

Lassy0908.jpg
>
parker.jpg

Parker's been great. Sandro is developing. Livermore's another alternative.

Hell, even Hudd's coming back for 2012-2013.

Extremely pointless to shore up our strongest area.

Plus Massimo Luongo is looking good.

well this thread went down like a lead balloon, at least that question's answered.

i intend to hound a particular hypocrite though from now on, should be fun.

well this thread went down like a lead balloon, at least that question's answered.

i intend to hound a particular hypocrite though from now on, should be fun.

The problem is, African, a lot of people have their favourites and are angered or blinkered when it comes to someone criticising them. For example i've been hounded as a Parker hater but I actually like the guy, one of a very small group of likeable footballers; I just think that we can play better with a more of a Xabi Alonso or Makelele type DM who uses positional ability rather than box to box pressing.

The problem is, African, a lot of people have their favourites and are angered or blinkered when it comes to someone criticising them. For example i've been hounded as a Parker hater but I actually like the guy, one of a very small group of likeable footballers; I just think that we can play better with a more of a Xabi Alonso or Makelele type DM who uses positional ability rather than box to box pressing.

Hmmm, really? A certain thread in Random suggests differently.

I like Parker, but I think AS brings up some good points about Parker's play recently. He has stopped doing the simple things recently and is trying to do a bit too much sometimes, and this for me has highlighted his limitations in terms of forward passing and laying the right pass at the right time. So many times recently i've been fustrated that some promising moves/positions often bteak down with Parker and his slowness to notice the right ball or slighly dodgy ball control.

He has been a good signing though.

Its hardly serious when I put him next to Mugabe in that list.

its called a smear campaign, he says stuff which is blatantly false just to make you look a certain way. He's actualy like another poster on here, luckily i dont converse with that one

worse thing is that he's intelligent enough to know how serious or not you are. so he isnt stupid enough to miss the punch line. he knows what he's doing...been doing it for years, long before i even got here

its called a smear campaign, he says stuff which is blatantly false just to make you look a certain way. He's actualy like another poster on here, luckily i dont converse with that one

worse thing is that he's intelligent enough to know how serious or not you are. so he isnt stupid enough to miss the punch line. he knows what he's doing...been doing it for years, long before i even got here

Ouch, I feel so wounded.

Ouch, I feel so wounded.

You think THAT is me intending to wound? LOL, you should know me better than that where you're concerned. right now you and i are still being civil. but dont worry, like always i'm pretty sure we'll clash with our opinions at some point

i'm so glad you posted what you posted initially, i was starting to get the impression you'd..i dont know ....changed? pffft...as if.

Give it rest please guys. Talk about football, Parker etc but please try and leave the personal stuff out of it.

Back