• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

It was a solid enough bottle shaped object to injure someone. I think Bentancur was an idiot to throw it/them. I have seen people try to say he was 'defending his family/friends'...if someone can explain how throwing bottles from 30-odd feet away into a melee is doing that, I am ready to learn!!!
I think it was completely reactionary
I know in the old ground vs Everton someone lobbed a plastic bottle form the away section into my area. I picked it up and lobbed it back.. completely oblivious to what I’d done
Then I was like f€$k… I could get a ban for that. It was daft but as I say, completely reactionary
We will see how the authorities deal with it now. Judging by how they organised the competition I wouldn’t surprised if they did nothing or gave the players a year ban from their comps.

Yeah right, Ange has no idea what the interviewer is referring to, despite him being all over world football and keen to know how his players are getting on. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Does anyone think they will hear anything of interest at an interview, they are PR events, can't wait for the day when the pointless pre match press conferences are cancelled.

so is he injured and is his inevitable ban apply to the Epl ?

All players involved in the summer tournaments will have a period of leave before returning to their clubs, this will put them behind in preparation for the new PL season, some will be ready sooner than others. Annoying when you see our first 2 games are against teams who will not be missing many of their regulars.

All players involved in the summer tournaments will have a period of leave before returning to their clubs, this will put them behind in preparation for the new PL season, some will be ready sooner than others. Annoying when you see our first 2 games are against teams who will not be missing many of their regulars.
I think those in tournaments will be about 2/3 weeks behind in terms of match readiness.

Slightly off topic but if I was Dragusin, I’d try and steal a march on the others. He finished 8 days before VDV and 13 days before Romero. I’d cut my holiday short and turn up to pre-season early. Harder to dislodge once your in the team

He was foolish for sure but it was a emotional act i do not think mountains should be made out of molehills. I am sure Ange will have a word about it with him and move on.

I’m actually not comfortable with Ange effectively saying it’s up to Sonny. As an employer we should have our own policies on what we do in these circumstances. Don’t put pressure on the victim of the slurs to decide what should be done.
But equally I appreciate Ange is fielding questions and that doesn’t necessarily reflect the reality.

I don’t think a ban for international football can apply for league football unless it’s a breach of rules around things such as gambling or drugs. I guess it depends if it’s classed as a footballing incident

Suarez got banned from all football for biting someone in an international match.

I’m actually not comfortable with Ange effectively saying it’s up to Sonny. As an employer we should have our own policies on what we do in these circumstances. Don’t put pressure on the victim of the slurs to decide what should be done.
But equally I appreciate Ange is fielding questions and that doesn’t necessarily reflect the reality.

So your employer can decide what offends you?

He is a silly silly boy. Having dated someone from South America I know there is a massive short fuse side to their mentality but that does not excuse stupidity. With his injuries and list of recent stupidity he can count himself a lucky lad to still be in Ange plans (if he is indeed).

Caveat incase anyone jumps on this, I am not calling him for being sacked or got rid of, I just think he has been an idiot, but idiots deserve second chances

Have to say, I think there are some exceptional young players vying for time right now. Gray and Bergvall are for real, Donely is for real too, Moore too...I think Hall and Robson are one good loan away from battering the door down...lots of competition in midfield...

So your employer can decide what offends you?
My employer can absolutely decide what is racist or discriminatory, yes. There are likely to be a lot of people offended by his remarks, not just Son himself.
I am not saying Bentancur should be sold but just that the club needs to have a clear way of dealing with such incidences that would apply across the board rather than relying on the recipient of the slur to make a decision.

Sensible and exactly how it should be. I’m not for one moment defending what Bentancur said but if Son is ok then that is what is most important. Its a bit pompous and self-important to act more offended than Son is.
That’s potentially putting a lot of pressure on the victim. Not necessarily in this situation where we have peer players but imagine a slur against a youth player by a senior player. Who holds the trump card there? It shouldn’t matter because there should be a disciplinary policy that applies across the board.

My employer can absolutely decide what is racist or discriminatory, yes. There are likely to be a lot of people offended by his remarks, not just Son himself.
I am not saying Bentancur should be sold but just that the club needs to have a clear way of dealing with such incidences that would apply across the board rather than relying on the recipient of the slur to make a decision.

Thankfully the law disagrees. Context has to be taken into account.

Not talking about bentancur. Just in general. The 2 spurs fans arrested for chanting yid army were found innocent by the judge, because context matters.

Thankfully the law disagrees. Context has to be taken into account.

Not talking about bentancur. Just in general. The 2 spurs fans arrested for chanting yid army were found innocent by the judge, because context matters.
You're conflating 2 different arguments here, perhaps on purpose.
If a senior player turned round and said that a youth player is black and therefore should be treated as a slave, there would be uproar and action taken, regardless if that youth player said "um, don't worry, I don't mind" to avoid being outcast.
You can't expect the focus of the racism to be the arbiter of what is acceptable.

You're conflating 2 different arguments here, perhaps on purpose.
If a senior player turned round and said that a youth player is black and therefore should be treated as a slave, there would be uproar and action taken, regardless if that youth player said "um, don't worry, I don't mind" to avoid being outcast.
You can't expect the focus of the racism to be the arbiter of what is acceptable.

What bentancur said was offensive. I'm not saying it wasn't.

But an employer shouldn't be able to determine what is offensive or not. That is subjective. It should be objective.

I don't ever wan't an employer to have that power over me. Especially when i wasn't at work.

Back