• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Man you are obsessed with that

His reaction, I assume was to thing how can I help my family who are getting attacked because some people who have organised a mass gathering of people have failed in their duties

You may be one of those people who would stand still and wait for the incompetent security team to rescue your family. Many others wouldn’t

How he or others choose to help them is their choice and their action. Throwing a bottle is odd. But it’s anger. Christ over here when England score people seem to be obsessed with launching expensive beer. People do strange things but I’d also wager at no point in a players career are they coached as to how to react when their wives and kids are attacked by cavemen

That’s players who reacted will get punished. But the people hosting the event should not be allowed to host a football event for years. The whole tournament has had an undercurrent of issues with pitches, facilities for training, tickets and now fan segregation. It’s being run like a third world event

And if you don’t manage things you end up with scenarios like this
I reckon bentacur is in his hotel with his family just pleased he took some action to try to help his family. He won’t care about any subsequent actions because he is dad and a husband to be

Reminds me of Camden High Street any Friday night in the 50's

So, there you have it! Why so condemning then? You just haven't got it yet. No one here are defending the specific actions, but they are understandable given the situation. Normal people don't think clearly when scared and in extreme situations.

I'm trained for such extreme situations, from my army time in the Immediate Reaction Force, so I know how I reacted before I was properly trained. And that was training!! And I still did stupid things.

I mean it does sound like people are defending specific actions. I'm saying throwing a bottle into a crowd is really stupid and dangerous. Hardly controversial, given the state of the guys face.

If you did stupid things, then I'd expect you to face the consequences of those actions.

I mean it does sound like people are defending specific actions. I'm saying throwing a bottle into a crowd is really stupid and dangerous. Hardly controversial, given the state of the guys face.

If you did stupid things, then I'd expect you to face the consequences of those actions.
If say the stupidity started with the organisation
Then probably the fans attacking the other fans

Played the full 90mins
Scored a goal, and then in the shoot out to help Uruguay win 4-3 on pens.

Doesn't look like they played extra time. 90mins + injury time, then straight to pens

Played the full 90mins
Scored a goal, and then in the shoot out to help Uruguay win 4-3 on pens.

Doesn't look like they played extra time. 90mins + injury time, then straight to pens
They've bombed out extra time in the Copa....not sure why?

Edit. Heat, player welfare. Potential Extra time for the final later though

Yeah right, Ange has no idea what the interviewer is referring to, despite him being all over world football and keen to know how his players are getting on. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

The stupidity started with the organisation plus fans attacking other AND it ws stupid to chuck glass bottles...
Was it glass?
I know it smashed but glass in this day and age is highlight unusual except in offices and homes
Maybe it got smuggled in via the air vents
The investigation into this tournament has to be far reaching because form the outside it looks bad. From the comments Bielsa made it looks like a third world competition and even then that’s rude to the third world

Was it glass?
I know it smashed but glass in this day and age is highlight unusual except in offices and homes
Maybe it got smuggled in via the air vents
The investigation into this tournament has to be far reaching because form the outside it looks bad. From the comments Bielsa made it looks like a third world competition and even then that’s rude to the third world

It was a solid enough bottle shaped object to injure someone. I think Bentancur was an idiot to throw it/them. I have seen people try to say he was 'defending his family/friends'...if someone can explain how throwing bottles from 30-odd feet away into a melee is doing that, I am ready to learn!!!

He is a silly silly boy. Having dated someone from South America I know there is a massive short fuse side to their mentality but that does not excuse stupidity. With his injuries and list of recent stupidity he can count himself a lucky lad to still be in Ange plans (if he is indeed).

Caveat incase anyone jumps on this, I am not calling him for being sacked or got rid of, I just think he has been an idiot, but idiots deserve second chances

Back