• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Yeah, there’s obviously issues there. But the security don’t play for Spurs so I don’t really care. What Bentancur did is inexcusable.
Easy for us to say it is inexcusable. I understand why he did what he did. He may get punished for it but I assure you if I were in his shoes, I would do same. I will not condemn him for that reason. Anyone goes after my family, I will react. In fact I am sure if this were to repeat itself, he would do same. Football is a career, family and blood is forever. Understand the culture. At times we need to remember that. Playing for Spurs is a phase in his lifetime.

Let's see how he gets on if they decide to take action against players who were involved in the riots in the Copa America last night. The club / Ange may look at his character and move him on, 2 stupid things within a month in front of Camera's.
2 nos stupid things .. wow, just wow.

Easy for us to say it is inexcusable. I understand why he did what he did. He may get punished for it but I assure you if I were in his shoes, I would do same. I will not condemn him for that reason. Anyone goes after my family, I will react. In fact I am sure if this were to repeat itself, he would do same. Football is a career, family and blood is forever. Understand the culture. At times we need to remember that. Playing for Spurs is a phase in his lifetime.

You would throw a bottle into a crowd of people? Do you know that Bentancur's family was in there?

Hopefully the Spurs phase in his lifetime is coming to an end.

Yeah, there’s obviously issues there. But the security don’t play for Spurs so I don’t really care. What Bentancur did is inexcusable.
I don’t think anyone is excusing him
But if the organisation did their job the whole thing doesn’t occur
Shambolic
Yet very little to no media or press around that which for me was the key issue

You would throw a bottle into a crowd of people? Do you know that Bentancur's family was in there?

Hopefully the Spurs phase in his lifetime is coming to an end.
His family were there
So was the other players families
I’d throw anything if I couldn’t get in and I saw some apes attacking my family
It’s not about being precessional
It’s about being human
You see to be focussing on him lobbing a bottle but in reality for him to get up there with an injury he would need a ladder. But he probably felt helpless whilst some animals were attacking his future wife and kids

What should he do? Wait for the people who have failed already to stop people punching his missus?

And we don’t know exactly what happened. So the speculation is just that. What we do know is thugs from Colombia fans were attacking Uruguay fans that included families of the players. We also know that multiple players tried to defend their families and some climbed into the stands. One (Rodrigo) lobbed a bottle

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is excusing him

His family were there
So was the other players families
I’d throw anything if I couldn’t get in and I saw some apes attacking my family
It’s not about being precessional
It’s about being human
You see to be focussing on him lobbing a bottle but in reality for him to get up there with an injury he would need a ladder. But he probably felt helpless whilst some animals were attacking his future wife and kids

What should he do? Wait for the people who have failed already to stop people punching his missus?

And we don’t know exactly what happened. So thesis speculation is just that. What we do know is thugs from Colombia fans were attacking Uruguay fans that included families of the players. We also know that multiple players tried to defend their families and some climbed into the stands. One (Rodrigo) lobbed a bottle

That's a pretty quick turnaround...

Well depends what you mean excusing.
I’m stating what happened form what we know
I’d hate to be part of a family where no one would attempt to protect me from thugs that’s for sure

I think it's optimstic to think that hurling a bottle into a crowd would help any family under attack by a mob, but maybe that's just me.

I think it's optimstic to think that hurling a bottle into a crowd would help any family under attack by a mob, but maybe that's just me.
Man you are obsessed with that

His reaction, I assume was to thing how can I help my family who are getting attacked because some people who have organised a mass gathering of people have failed in their duties

You may be one of those people who would stand still and wait for the incompetent security team to rescue your family. Many others wouldn’t

How he or others choose to help them is their choice and their action. Throwing a bottle is odd. But it’s anger. Christ over here when England score people seem to be obsessed with launching expensive beer. People do strange things but I’d also wager at no point in a players career are they coached as to how to react when their wives and kids are attacked by cavemen

That’s players who reacted will get punished. But the people hosting the event should not be allowed to host a football event for years. The whole tournament has had an undercurrent of issues with pitches, facilities for training, tickets and now fan segregation. It’s being run like a third world event

And if you don’t manage things you end up with scenarios like this
I reckon bentacur is in his hotel with his family just pleased he took some action to try to help his family. He won’t care about any subsequent actions because he is dad and a husband to be

so is it only charges from conmebol, the south american football association? what about fifa, uefa and thfc?
Not sure
I don’t think a ban can carry over to club football
But then there would be a lot of players banned
Guess they will decide after the relevant investigation
Although the way everything has been organised it will probably be investigated by a ColombianIMG_3781.jpeg
Maybe this guy as GHod is on his side

Darwin Núñez, Matías Viña, Mele, José María Giménez, Mathías Olivera, Pellistri, Ronald Araújo, Brian Rodríguez, Emiliano Martínez, Bentancur and Sebastián Cáceres are the players named in Conmebol's report.​

Emi Martinez? He's Argentinian, right? How was he involved in this clash between Uruguay and Columbia?

Man you are obsessed with that

His reaction, I assume was to thing how can I help my family who are getting attacked because some people who have organised a mass gathering of people have failed in their duties

You may be one of those people who would stand still and wait for the incompetent security team to rescue your family. Many others wouldn’t

How he or others choose to help them is their choice and their action. Throwing a bottle is odd. But it’s anger. Christ over here when England score people seem to be obsessed with launching expensive beer. People do strange things but I’d also wager at no point in a players career are they coached as to how to react when their wives and kids are attacked by cavemen

That’s players who reacted will get punished. But the people hosting the event should not be allowed to host a football event for years. The whole tournament has had an undercurrent of issues with pitches, facilities for training, tickets and now fan segregation. It’s being run like a third world event

And if you don’t manage things you end up with scenarios like this
I reckon bentacur is in his hotel with his family just pleased he took some action to try to help his family. He won’t care about any subsequent actions because he is dad and a husband to be

I only watched it on TV / saw clips on social media, which I understand doesn't always show the full picture. But you were obviously either there or you're involved with Uruguay / Bentancur and clearly know more about the situation than I do and are not just speculating so fair play, I'll trust your first-hand account of things.

I guess you've never been properly scared, or in a situation where your friends and family are under real threat.

Or maybe you're just so perfect, that you have never done something in affect.

I guess you've never been properly scared, or in a situation where your friends and family are under real threat.

Or maybe you're just so perfect, that you have never done something in affect.

I'm certainly not perfect but, no, I've never thrown a bottle randomly into a crowd. Have you?

And no...never found myself in a situation where there's an all-in-brawl in a stadium with my family who may or may not be there.

I'm certainly not perfect but, no, I've never thrown a bottle randomly into a crowd. Have you?

And no...never found myself in a situation where there's an all-in-brawl in a stadium with my family who may or may not be there.
So, there you have it! Why so condemning then? You just haven't got it yet. No one here are defending the specific actions, but they are understandable given the situation. Normal people don't think clearly when scared and in extreme situations.

I'm trained for such extreme situations, from my army time in the Immediate Reaction Force, so I know how I reacted before I was properly trained. And that was training!! And I still did stupid things.

I only watched it on TV / saw clips on social media, which I understand doesn't always show the full picture. But you were obviously either there or you're involved with Uruguay / Bentancur and clearly know more about the situation than I do and are not just speculating so fair play, I'll trust your first-hand account of things.
I did say, clearly that’s it’s speculation

So, there you have it! Why so condemning then? You just haven't got it yet. No one here are defending the specific actions, but they are understandable given the situation. Normal people don't think clearly when scared and in extreme situations.

I'm trained for such extreme situations, from my army time in the Immediate Reaction Force, so I know how I reacted before I was properly trained. And that was training!! And I still did stupid things.
Because your a human

Back