• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Let's be fair, every stadium has a portion of idiotic fans. When Bentancur was stretchered off, the whole stadium was clapping him - it was nothing more than the usual proportion of numpties you find anywhere who were abusing him......
Yes that’s fair enough. It was mainly the ones next to the away fans, where they have their drummer.
I was just explaining the reason for our fans’ reaction.

In an attacking sense he looks good but I don't think he has the defensive nous to play as our number 6 (though I'm not sure who does in the whole squad really).

First half he did and did alot of good defensive work, looked like he ran out of gas quickly though second, he can also be guilty of coasting along at times when games seem simple, something our back 4 do IMO

I'm hoping Gray will.
But noone else has looked good enough for that role yet

i agree its the one posistion DM we really do not have a player who can fill that role. i said at the begining of the transfer window that the priortys for me were CF and DM, we got the CF but imo we are still lacking in the DM posistion.

i agree its the one posistion DM we really do not have a player who can fill that role. i said at the begining of the transfer window that the priortys for me were CF and DM, we got the CF but imo we are still lacking in the DM posistion.
I said it in another thread, but I think Gray is our future DM. Bissouma will continue for now, but can see Gray taking the reigns next season.

I said it in another thread, but I think Gray is our future DM. Bissouma will continue for now, but can see Gray taking the reigns next season.

I do not disagree about Gray being our future DM at all, however at this moment i think putting him as a DM [ which in my opinion] is probably one of if not number one most important posistions on the pitch is asking a lot from such a young player at this level.

Any news on Lolo? Hoping it's similar to the Verts injury against Ajax, where it looked worse than it actually was.

Any news on Lolo? Hoping it's similar to the Verts injury against Ajax, where it looked worse than it actually was.
Didn't Vertonghen have a head injury that was underestimated and he kept playing while it actually bothered him leading to worse performances and him ultimately leaving the club?

But perhaps that was a different head injury.

I'm sure Bentacur will want to get back as soon as possible, but I hope we're careful with him if the injury was as serious as it seemed to perhaps be. Even if it wasn't as bad as we first feared it may have been.

Didn't Vertonghen have a head injury that was underestimated and he kept playing while it actually bothered him leading to worse performances and him ultimately leaving the club?

I'm sure Bentacur will want to get back as soon as possible, but I hope we're careful with him if the injury was as serious as it seemed to perhaps be. Even if it wasn't as bad as we first feared it may have been.

Yeh he spoke about it being a regret as he played on with it

likely out for everton according to the standard. how did fatuwu come out unscathed?
View attachment 17544

I missed the incident, and no replays.

But looks like Bentancur took the blow on his temple, and I'm sure I remember the Leicester player rubbing the side/back of his head. So in an area that should offer more protection.

He was always going to miss the Everton game, and I hope we don't rush him back, and he gets the time to recover.

I missed the incident, and no replays.

But looks like Bentancur took the blow on his temple, and I'm sure I remember the Leicester player rubbing the side/back of his head. So in an area that should offer more protection.

He was always going to miss the Everton game, and I hope we don't rush him back, and he gets the time to recover.

I saw a reply and from memory the top of his head went into Bentancur's face/jaw, so it was a harder part of Fatuwu

No, you're right. It was the game against Ajax and he said afterwards that he was affected by it for 9 months or so. He got dizzy and had headaches and he hated that he knew he wasn't playing well but felt he had to as he didn't have long left on his contract.

Such a shame for Bentcur he seems jinked with injurys and imo is our best M/F player. Hope he gets back soon and can stay injury free.

Back