• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

50 + Apps at Juve by the age of 22 so not sure that's true, Kulu has been very good for us, unplayable first season, was nowhere near as bad as made put last season either
Kulu was terrible last season and has 3 or 4 good months which was when he first arrived.

Absolutely. I guess I posed the question but the whole best XI isn't the best metric, it seemingly forgets about the idea of different opposition with different game plans and the real life circumstances of who is fit and available but even just as a basic thought exercise, I'm not sure what it looks like, would be interesting to know how Ange reckons we'll line up.

On the system, it's a simplification but it looked great early on and then it didn't but we managed to limp to 5th. The midfield is definitely still a problem area imo, getting consistency out of Biss / Bentancur isn't an easy task.

Remember when we were all salivating at the thought of how much better we would be when we could play our best midfield, and we were top of the league then.
Turns out maybe that early season group was our best group for that system.
I'm sure ange will work through it and we'll come out the other end all the better for it.

If we are still getting linked to Eze after the Euros, could he come in to replace Bentancur?
He could also come in and cover a few positions though, so we could still keep him

Remember when we were all salivating at the thought of how much better we would be when we could play our best midfield, and we were top of the league then.
Turns out maybe that early season group was our best group for that system.
I'm sure ange will work through it and we'll come out the other end all the better for it.
I'm not sure I was thinking that at the time but I don't huff the same hopium as others, it's Spurs and the wheels will come off at some stage or other. It was never going to be as simple as "Best players coming back = We look as good as we did at the start of the season". Fortunately we got enough points to ride it out towards the end

I guess I'm with you on the last line, if Ange is happy with our midfield then I'm fine with it, but to me, PEH out and Gray and Bergvall in doesn't solve our midfield woes, or at least not for the next couple of seasons. Those youngsters and Sarr want to be playing alongside the best to learn from them, not in done patched up trio of Skipp alongside Bissouma on a bad day whilst Bentancur is out injured. I'm not sure if that's a doomsday take on things, we will have many big games we want to be winning if we want to achieve something, the excuse of "well they're young players, what can we expect?" doesn't get you far. We all want to see Bergvall/ Gray starting in the Europa League but away at the Emirates? Not so sure.

To make this vaguely Bentancur I will wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he can get back to the level he was early days under Conte.

The picture is still unclear.....it felt like a long season last year BUT reality is Ange had just the 41 games.

It would be interesting to know, within that relatively small sample size, how many times the various combinations were available to him?.

From my memory, I thought at the back end of the season he had a lot more to choose from but fresh belief and insight wasn't really coming forth from our CM contingent....but I suppose that's an even smaller sample size. So?.

I feel there is a combo that will workso prepared to give it longer with the other hope that Gray and Bergvall might step in sooner than later.

Let's just hope Rodrigo's legs can avoid a battering this season.

Let's see how he gets on if they decide to take action against players who were involved in the riots in the Copa America last night. The club / Ange may look at his character and move him on, 2 stupid things within a month in front of Camera's.

Let's see how he gets on if they decide to take action against players who were involved in the riots in the Copa America last night. The club / Ange may look at his character and move him on, 2 stupid things within a month in front of Camera's.
There may have to be counter action then against the organisers of the tournament for their incompetence in organising the fans

There may have to be counter action then against the organisers of the tournament for their incompetence in organising the fans
Everyone involved should be made accountable, just because the organisers allowed supporters to mix doesn’t justify players throwing things into the crowd.

well if the crowd was controlled better the players on the pitch wouldn't get affected and drawn it.
it wasn't just bentancur, arguably nunez is the golden boy of uruguayan football at the moment.
no excuse for them still. but the organisers are also at fault.
They are as anybody is, responsible for their own actions. Let's not make cop out excuses because he plays for Spurs please.

well if the crowd was controlled better the players on the pitch wouldn't get affected and drawn it.
it wasn't just bentancur, arguably nunez is the golden boy of uruguayan football at the moment.
no excuse for them still. but the organisers are also at fault.

Darwin Núñez, Matías Viña, Mele, José María Giménez, Mathías Olivera, Pellistri, Ronald Araújo, Brian Rodríguez, Emiliano Martínez, Bentancur and Sebastián Cáceres are the players named in Conmebol's report.​

Why are you blaming security for Bentancur throwing a bottle into a crowd of people?
I’m not
I’m blaming security for not protecting the crowd
Which meant the players felt the need to “defend” their family
The whole thing wouldn’t have happened with a competent security process in place
That’s a HUGE failing
Surely you can see that
The subsequent actions are not excusable but the context for them has to be taken into consideration

Everyone involved should be made accountable, just because the organisers allowed supporters to mix doesn’t justify players throwing things into the crowd.
No
But it’s cause and effect

I’m going on a tangent here but if the police at Hillborough had done their job they would have tinkled off some lads trying to break in, but saved the lives of everyone. How you keep people safe and secure in a stadium is of the highest importance. The security team/set up failed here…. Massively
People got hurt and were getting hurt before the players got involved. That is the issue that should be addressed because that’s the cause of the subsequent actions

It’s incompetence of the highest order

If the players get bans then fair dues. The people running that stadium should be fired though.

I’m not
I’m blaming security for not protecting the crowd
Which meant the players felt the need to “defend” their family
The whole thing wouldn’t have happened with a competent security process in place
That’s a HUGE failing
Surely you can see that
The subsequent actions are not excusable but the context for them has to be taken into consideration

Yeah, there’s obviously issues there. But the security don’t play for Spurs so I don’t really care. What Bentancur did is inexcusable.

Back