• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

It's the same thing. Here's a translation from someone on r/coys - he's just two-footed Conte -

Q: Richarlison, I imagine you're feeling frustrated

A: (Chuckles) of course, we're out of the biggest club competition, but we can't play like this needing a goal, we have to put people forward especially in the second half. Now there's not much to discuss, we can't assign blame, now we have to focus on the premier league, we train early tomorrow and the next match is Nottingham forest

I'm sure you would have liked to come in sooner or to have been a striker, you haven't been starting much (this last bit is more freely translated)

I also didn't get that. I was playing well, I was in good form, I had two wins against Aston and Chelsea and all of a sudden he benched. Against wolves he played me for 5 minutes, I asked why and they didn't tell me anything. Yesterday he asked me to do a test at the training ground, he said if I did well he'd play me, and when the match came he benched me. These things are not understandable

Q: He didn't speak to you, didn't explain why?

A: He didn't explain anything. Let's see what he says tomorrow. You don't have an idiot here, I'm a professional, I work every day and I want to play. I need more minutes. If the season is being, sorry for the word, is being brick why do I not get minutes? I got a small injury, but when I'm on the pitch I give my life. I came from two good games, especially against chelsea where I played the 90 minutes and won a match. There's not much to discuss, I should have played and now I don't have to sit here crying

Q: And to finish, how do you focus for the end of the season, you said it's been frustrating so far

A: There's about 20 matches left, almost 20 matches, I don't know 18 (interview: 13). Thirteen, yeah? Focus on those matches, scoring as many goals as I can, because the club paid a lot for me and so far I haven't matched that on the pitch. Of course injuries have set me back a little, I needed to play more minutes too, but now I'm going home, to rest, tomorrow we have training early, and let's see if they put me in the starting eleven for the next match
Shots fired! Unfortunately I think Conte is staying until the summer so Richarlison is going to be seeing even more of the bench than normal.

Can more than understand his frustration though.

This is exactly why i wanted Richarlison, he cares, he fights, he won't be standing in the background sulking, he will do what needs to be done, and by fudge does this need done.
I don't know who is at fault but son should not be playing, perisic is not a wb, Kane should not be taking fks and we should not be conceding the centre of the pitch.
Our routines look abysmal, when you can see them, which isn't often. You would think perisic who has played under conte before would look like he knew what to do, he looks just as clueless.
What happened to our set piece trainer? They've got worse!

Gonna go against popular opinion here, I feel for him not getting enough starts but he’s done next to nothing when he does get a chance. Doesn’t look like scoring or creating and just wants to get into fights. Wtf was that barge on the keeper for absolutely no reason last night?!
You really think Son has done more?

Gonna go against popular opinion here, I feel for him not getting enough starts but he’s done next to nothing when he does get a chance. Doesn’t look like scoring or creating and just wants to get into fights. Wtf was that barge on the keeper for absolutely no reason last night?!

We have no creativity though. Makes it hard for a player like him playing in the sort of team which we have

It's the same thing. Here's a translation from someone on r/coys - he's just two-footed Conte -

Q: Richarlison, I imagine you're feeling frustrated

A: (Chuckles) of course, we're out of the biggest club competition, but we can't play like this needing a goal, we have to put people forward especially in the second half. Now there's not much to discuss, we can't assign blame, now we have to focus on the premier league, we train early tomorrow and the next match is Nottingham forest

I'm sure you would have liked to come in sooner or to have been a striker, you haven't been starting much (this last bit is more freely translated)

I also didn't get that. I was playing well, I was in good form, I had two wins against Aston and Chelsea and all of a sudden he benched. Against wolves he played me for 5 minutes, I asked why and they didn't tell me anything. Yesterday he asked me to do a test at the training ground, he said if I did well he'd play me, and when the match came he benched me. These things are not understandable

Q: He didn't speak to you, didn't explain why?

A: He didn't explain anything. Let's see what he says tomorrow. You don't have an idiot here, I'm a professional, I work every day and I want to play. I need more minutes. If the season is being, sorry for the word, is being brick why do I not get minutes? I got a small injury, but when I'm on the pitch I give my life. I came from two good games, especially against chelsea where I played the 90 minutes and won a match. There's not much to discuss, I should have played and now I don't have to sit here crying

Q: And to finish, how do you focus for the end of the season, you said it's been frustrating so far

A: There's about 20 matches left, almost 20 matches, I don't know 18 (interview: 13). Thirteen, yeah? Focus on those matches, scoring as many goals as I can, because the club paid a lot for me and so far I haven't matched that on the pitch. Of course injuries have set me back a little, I needed to play more minutes too, but now I'm going home, to rest, tomorrow we have training early, and let's see if they put me in the starting eleven for the next match
Wow, that's him in the reserves for the rest of the season. If that is the general feeling in the squad there's no coming back for Conte.

You really think Son has done more?

Not a lot in it tbh but at least Son still gets the occasional goal whereas Richarlison is currently allergic to goals unless he’s playing for Brazil. I think he started off ok, got the assist against Forest and bagged those goals against Marseille but I’ve been pretty unimpressed since then it’s one thing I won’t get on Conte too much for as he doesn’t done enough to justify getting a run in the side, as awful as Son has been.

Not a lot in it tbh but at least Son still gets the occasional goal whereas Richarlison is currently allergic to goals unless he’s playing for Brazil. I think he started off ok, got the assist against Forest and bagged those goals against Marseille but I’ve been pretty unimpressed since then it’s one thing I won’t get on Conte too much for as he doesn’t done enough to justify getting a run in the side, as awful as Son has been.
Son isn't getting goals, a goal every 306 mins. Richy's is worse, a goal every 561 mins. The difference is that he has played in the wrong position.
Son has contributed nothing outside a couple of goals and has played practically 40 games in a row so has no excuse about playing into form.
Richy on the other hand plays two games and gets dropped, no chance to settle into the team in his preferred position.

we needed that from the start last night. If nothing else his energy could’ve rattled Milan and lifted those around him. Son has been great from the bench on the couple of occasions he was left out. Huge error by Conte last night.

Son isn't getting goals, a goal every 306 mins. Richy's is worse, a goal every 561 mins. The difference is that he has played in the wrong position.
Son has contributed nothing outside a couple of goals and has played practically 40 games in a row so has no excuse about playing into form.
Richy on the other hand plays two games and gets dropped, no chance to settle into the team in his preferred position.

Son has 5 league goals. Richarlison has zero and we’re into March now. I’m not using that statistic to argue that Son is playing well but it’s a fact.

that wound them up and they gave away two silly FK’s on the edge of the box soon after trying to put one on him

that’s why you do that, break their concentration

Not sure the two can be compared though TBH, Son is not scoring despite saturating every single minute of playing time he can, since the WC, Richy has started two games in the league (two wins ironically) and his other mins read 19,12,14,15,5. I might be the most critical person in the world on here at times but I think its harsh to suggest someone is not getting goals on that level of time, players need game time and rhythm to get going, the expectations to almost say "if you can't get on the pitch and make a difference in 15 mins you ain't getting a chance" is extremely harsh

Just had another look, 2 goals and 3 assists across a total game time equivalent to 10 games of which the majority even pre WC came in bit part appearances.

You want to Brazil Richarlison, you play the Brazil Richarlison, you don't treat him like Janssen and expect him to be the same player

I would be confident that had he been given the same amount of time as Son we would have seen the best of him and the better of the two players

Last edited:
Wow. I had been thinking that Conte’s constant playing of Son must be tinkling off some players. Interesting to see it confirmed.

I had also been wondering whether Richarlison’s poor form was partly due to being tinkled off with Conte. Same for Bissouma. Both PL-experienced players who’ve had limited gametime initially and then looked much worse for us than their previous teams.

Obviously ideally you want players whose attitudes are great regardless of playtime. But you also want a manager who’s going to do what it takes to get the best out of every player. And his philosophy of constantly picking the same players just seems so weird and flawed.

Wow. I had been thinking that Conte’s constant playing of Son must be tinkling off some players. Interesting to see it confirmed.

I had also been wondering whether Richarlison’s poor form was partly due to being tinkled off with Conte. Same for Bissouma. Both PL-experienced players who’ve had limited gametime initially and then looked much worse for us than their previous teams.

Obviously ideally you want players whose attitudes are great regardless of playtime. But you also want a manager who’s going to do what it takes to get the best out of every player. And his philosophy of constantly picking the same players just seems so weird and flawed.

they both took a big step up coming here, they would have expected to have to prove themselves

Richi didn’t get much of a look in early on, Bissouma did but looked crap to be fair

Back