• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

they both took a big step up coming here, they would have expected to have to prove themselves

Richi didn’t get much of a look in early on, Bissouma did but looked crap to be fair

Bissouma was decent when he initially came in, he just got progressively worse, not sure if that was playing with an injury.

I agree you have to prove yourself to get into sides but equally others need to earn their place to keep it, there has not been that culture here this season, players resting on 3/10s and not budging, that does nothing but breed what happened last night....."The season has been brick"

I usually don’t like players coming out with what Richi said and that it should be kept in-house etc But having to be on the bench week in week out, and watching Son put in pathetic performances all season I can’t blame him to be honest….,
I generally agree. But I also think "don't listen to what I say; listen to what I can't keep silent" is really important too.
That seems to be the case here. Richi hasn't gone out of his way to make a public statement, it's just an honest answer to an honest question. That speaks volumes.

Bissouma was decent when he initially came in, he just got progressively worse, not sure if that was playing with an injury.

I agree you have to prove yourself to get into sides but equally others need to earn their place to keep it, there has not been that culture here this season, players resting on 3/10s and not budging, that does nothing but breed what happened last night....."The season has been brick"

we don’t see them in training though

I don’t think Conte is trying to sabotage us, he’s putting out the best team in his opinion

How many games has Son started in the league vs Richarlison?

If Son was a dog you would have called the RSPCA on mistreatment playing him so much

I jest but the culture this season has always seemed unhealthy, the haves and have nots because what seems to be unhappiness in the clubs business from Conte. We could argue if he has a point on that but to allow it to infest the squad is unprofessional

He has started 7 games, Son has started 23

I accept that but you have to grab the opportunities when you get them, even if it’s off the bench. Richarlison hasn’t done that. As well as not scoring he doesn’t create anything. He generally just acts like a clam and gets into needless spats with people. Actually contribute something positive rather than shoving goalies for no reason.

I don’t think Conte is trying to sabotage us, he’s putting out the best team in his opinion
If Richarlison puts in the same effort in training as he usually does in game, he should be the first name on the team sheet!

No we don't but none of that matters if the team he puts out fails, there are no footnotes or Asterix's in football that say "Lost the game but...."

Conte still lives and dies by those decisions

No we don't but none of that matters if the team he puts out fails, there are no footnotes or Asterix's in football that say "Lost the game but...."

Conte still lives and dies by those decisions

yeah there are, footnotes are the narrative of the sport

I accept that but you have to grab the opportunities when you get them, even if it’s off the bench. Richarlison hasn’t done that. As well as not scoring he doesn’t create anything. He generally just acts like a clam and gets into needless spats with people. Actually contribute something positive rather than shoving goalies for no reason.
He has! Plenty of times! His pressing and harassing has won us several goals and/or changed the dynamic of games in our favour.

It’s also about when you’re subbed, not just whether you’ve started. Son has been given the full 90 mins 18 times this season. Richarlison has 3 times. The last time was mid-September against Sporting, after getting the full 90 against Marseille and scoring two goals.

It's the same thing. Here's a translation from someone on r/coys - he's just two-footed Conte -

Q: Richarlison, I imagine you're feeling frustrated

A: (Chuckles) of course, we're out of the biggest club competition, but we can't play like this needing a goal, we have to put people forward especially in the second half. Now there's not much to discuss, we can't assign blame, now we have to focus on the premier league, we train early tomorrow and the next match is Nottingham forest

I'm sure you would have liked to come in sooner or to have been a striker, you haven't been starting much (this last bit is more freely translated)

I also didn't get that. I was playing well, I was in good form, I had two wins against Aston and Chelsea and all of a sudden he benched. Against wolves he played me for 5 minutes, I asked why and they didn't tell me anything. Yesterday he asked me to do a test at the training ground, he said if I did well he'd play me, and when the match came he benched me. These things are not understandable

Q: He didn't speak to you, didn't explain why?

A: He didn't explain anything. Let's see what he says tomorrow. You don't have an idiot here, I'm a professional, I work every day and I want to play. I need more minutes. If the season is being, sorry for the word, is being brick why do I not get minutes? I got a small injury, but when I'm on the pitch I give my life. I came from two good games, especially against chelsea where I played the 90 minutes and won a match. There's not much to discuss, I should have played and now I don't have to sit here crying

Q: And to finish, how do you focus for the end of the season, you said it's been frustrating so far

A: There's about 20 matches left, almost 20 matches, I don't know 18 (interview: 13). Thirteen, yeah? Focus on those matches, scoring as many goals as I can, because the club paid a lot for me and so far I haven't matched that on the pitch. Of course injuries have set me back a little, I needed to play more minutes too, but now I'm going home, to rest, tomorrow we have training early, and let's see if they put me in the starting eleven for the next match
Wow!!!!

Although, "you don't have an idiot here", "there are 20 matches left".....

..... interviewer...."13".....:eek::D:eek::D

(I'm being glib. I'm sure the training and conditioning was set up for 20 to account for longer cup runs)

Once again not defending Son here, he’s been awful. But I can see why Conte sticks with him when he knows there’s a chance Son might get a goal out of nothing. And I’m not even a fan of Conte right now.

Richarlison is a one in three striker before joining us from a frankly muck water Everton, we could argue all day about the whys and why not but ultimately its the managers job to tap into that and a huge part of modern football is managing egos, Conte decisions all over the pitch and Richarlisons outburst last night lean me to the side of him not doing that well

Back