• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

If effort is the least we should expect then why do you excuse Son not giving any?
C'mon that's hyperbole now. Son is playing poorly, brick even but you can't accuse him of not trying. He was constantly trying yet failing yesterday. His problem wasn't a lack of effort but instead a lack of quality.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

C'mon that's hyperbole now. Son is playing poorly, brick even but you can't accuse him of not trying. He was constantly trying yet failing yesterday. His problem wasn't a lack of effort but instead a lack of quality.

Half hearted attempts (being generous) at tackles and tracking. He only tried when he got the ball and then he was too slow in everything he did.

Once again not defending Son here, he’s been awful. But I can see why Conte sticks with him when he knows there’s a chance Son might get a goal out of nothing. And I’m not even a fan of Conte right now.

But this season has shown that there is very little chance of that - 1 goal in 21 PL starts. I could understand if he was playing brick overall but popping up with the odd goal out of nowhere. But he isn't.

I love Son, defended him to the end and back, his issue is that he does not track and if he is not scoring and the games are against us then he is worse than others. He tries hard, never a doubt of that but his defensive side is terrible

If effort is the least we should expect then why do you excuse Son not giving any?

Son never shows a lack of effort, just because he doesn’t steam into reckless tackles like Romero and Richarlison doesn’t mean he doesn’t show effort. I think certain fans love a player like Richarlison and Lamela to an extent because they irritate the opposition and almost don’t care if they actually score any goals or create anything and that’s fine, but I can see why Conte would persist with a player who shows more end product. Let’s be honest, all of our forwards have had a stinker this season besides Kane. Kulu was ok until his injury but it seems to have affected him ever since.

Son never shows a lack of effort, just because he doesn’t steam into reckless tackles like Romero and Richarlison doesn’t mean he doesn’t show effort. I think certain fans love a player like Richarlison and Lamela to an extent because they irritate the opposition and almost don’t care if they actually score any goals or create anything and that’s fine, but I can see why Conte would persist with a player who shows more end product. Let’s be honest, all of our forwards have had a stinker this season besides Kane. Kulu was ok until his injury but it seems to have affected him ever since.
Yeah, because that's what's being said :rolleyes:

Son has had no end product, doesn't track back, doesn't tackle and doesn't pressure opponents. At least Richy will always give 3 out of those 4. Maybe if he got close to the amount of games that Son has we would see some end product as well.

Even kane has had more off days than is the norm for him.
Its become very difficult to tell who is off form, who is struggling with the system and who is being made to look bad by the circumstances.
Although son is definitely the the former.

Completely understands Richy's sentiment. Did well against Wet Spam and Chelski, then benched?! I just don't get it. Shows, what seems to me, to be a very clear disconnect between manager and players. Conte looks to be losing his marbles. I think we should wrap it up before it crashes completely. So yet another merited coach that couldn't win anything with us, well then ... ok, accept and move on. We're Spurs, it's in our DNA to have an Ardiles/Poch gung-ho type of manager. It's the only way we can win anything, we must stay close to our roots, as it'll surely create a sort of synergy with the fans. We need to play attacking free flowing football, not this deeply mechanical system that clearly isn't working very well.

Yeah, because that's what's being said :rolleyes:

Son has had no end product, doesn't track back, doesn't tackle and doesn't pressure opponents. At least Richy will always give 3 out of those 4. Maybe if he got close to the amount of games that Son has we would see some end product as well.

But Son still has 5 league goals and he’s had a stinker of a season, 4 goals from the bench too I might add. I’m not against giving Richarlison a go but I’m also a bit perplexed by the calls for him start more often as if he’s been a world beater. Some people may love his tracking back and tackling which is fine but me personally he’s been nothing short of underwhelming offensively which is why we bought him. Don’t see the point in highlighting all of Son’s weak points and focusing on Richarlison’s strengths, none of which at the moment include getting goals or being involved in goals. He’s just a windup merchant who loves getting into needless spats and fans love his aggression.

But Son still has 5 league goals and he’s had a stinker of a season, 4 goals from the bench too I might add. I’m not against giving Richarlison a go but I’m also a bit perplexed by the calls for him start more often as if he’s been a world beater. Some people may love his tracking back and tackling which is fine but me personally he’s been nothing short of underwhelming offensively which is why we bought him. Don’t see the point in highlighting all of Son’s weak points and focusing on Richarlison’s strengths, none of which at the moment include getting goals or being involved in goals. He’s just a windup merchant who loves getting into needless spats and fans love his aggression.
Richie's lack of starts and minutes is being used as focal point to complain. But let's be real he's no great striker, if he had gotten more starts and more minutes he isn't likely to have scored a great deal. Right now he's being held aloft to a high standard but as he plays more especially next season the truth of his ability level will sadly shine through.

Son has indeed been largely rubbish but he has still scored more and from the bench something Richie has been incapable of doing.

I am not anti Conte and neither am i pro about bringing Pooch back. And like all of us on here i love Son and what he has done for us over the years. However i can not understand why Richie has not been given a chance ( and i do not mean a game or two here and there) Son has been awful so far this season and he does have a lot of credit in the bank for us but he should be left out and Richie given a run of games to see what he can do.

Now i will also say i was not convinced that Richie was a good signing and i could not really say why we did sign him, but he is our player now and as i said imo he should have been given more games ( especially as i think Son has been poor in most games)

Richie's lack of starts and minutes is being used as focal point to complain. But let's be real he's no great striker, if he had gotten more starts and more minutes he isn't likely to have scored a great deal. Right now he's being held aloft to a high standard but as he plays more especially next season the truth of his ability level will sadly shine through.

Son has indeed been largely rubbish but he has still scored more and from the bench something Richie has been incapable of doing.

Yep
So why not start richy (we have won those games he has started) and bring son in as a sub

Yep. Some people seem to think he’s a ready made replacement for Kane which I completely disagree with based on the evidence so far. Even judging his time at Everton I wouldn’t be convinced. He’s never been prolific at any club during his career, the only place where he gets goals consistently is when he plays for Brazil.

Wow!!!!

Although, "you don't have an idiot here", "there are 20 matches left".....

..... interviewer...."13".....:eek::D:eek::D

(I'm being glib. I'm sure the training and conditioning was set up for 20 to account for longer cup runs)

It's 12 games left. Lol.

Yes I like Richarlison’s fight, aggression, his physicality when occupying defenders.

But one thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that in a Conte system it’s crucially important for the 3 forwards to be able to drop deep and collect the ball with their backs to goal under pressure. If they can’t do this we find ourselves quickly turning over possession and inviting pressure.

This isn’t a strong part of Son’s game, he’s very easily dispossessed. With Richarlison the ball tends to stick a bit better, allowing midfielders to join the attack. Or he wins a free kick.

On a side note one thing I’ve noticed is that Son doesn’t win that many free kicks when the ball is played to him under pressure. Usually skilful players like him that have good dribbling ability tend to get fouled a lot. Perhaps it’s this season but I hadn’t noticed it before. But if the ball can’t stick with him, he should just use his quick feet to draw fouls instead.

Reactions: DTA
Yep. Some people seem to think he’s a ready made replacement for Kane which I completely disagree with based on the evidence so far. Even judging his time at Everton I wouldn’t be convinced. He’s never been prolific at any club during his career, the only place where he gets goals consistently is when he plays for Brazil.

There's no such thing as a replacement for Kane.
This is a problem we keep running into, Modric, Eriksen, bale, Kane and even Dembele, there are no replacements, they are all unique players with skill sets no one else has.
You adapt and move on, we don't seem to be able to do that.

Yes I like Richarlison’s fight, aggression, his physicality when occupying defenders.

But one thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that in a Conte system it’s crucially important for the 3 forwards to be able to drop deep and collect the ball with their backs to goal under pressure. If they can’t do this we find ourselves quickly turning over possession and inviting pressure.

This isn’t a strong part of Son’s game, he’s very easily dispossessed. With Richarlison the ball tends to stick a bit better, allowing midfielders to join the attack. Or he wins a free kick.

On a side note one thing I’ve noticed is that Son doesn’t win that many free kicks when the ball is played to him under pressure. Usually skilful players like him that have good dribbling ability tend to get fouled a lot. Perhaps it’s this season but I hadn’t noticed it before. But if the ball can’t stick with him, he should just use his quick feet to draw fouls instead.
It’s because he rarely has control of the ball when he is fouled this season

Yep
So why not start richy (we have won those games he has started) and bring son in as a sub
Yeah I don't have any issue with Richie getting more starts, I just don't think that would have achieved what here seem to think it would. Since the arrival of Danjuma that's the player I would have started off the left. He's similar to Son but younger and a better dribbler, we could have played the same system and potentially had a better in form player in that position, but alas Conte has interest in him and 0 intention of playing him.

Richie for me should have been rotated for Kane earlier in the season but we know that never happens.

Yeah I don't have any issue with Richie getting more starts, I just don't think that would have achieved what here seem to think it would. Since the arrival of Danjuma that's the player I would have started off the left. He's similar to Son but younger and a better dribbler, we could have played the same system and potentially had a better in form player in that position, but alas Conte has interest in him and 0 intention of playing him.

Richie for me should have been rotated for Kane earlier in the season but we know that never happens.

Fully agree
It’s bloody odd how conte is and isn’t using the squad
It’s actually criminal and he will use it against us when he goes

Back