• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I would like to see him given a run of games through the middle, been great so far for Brazil.
Instead of Kane? Not a chance, unless Kane is injured.
Son should be dropped for him, but Son did spring to life in the second half of last season after a slow start.

Just wanna see the handbrake off. We have 4 of the best attackers in the world, that we arent really using effectively
Yeah, I get that, but I think to play that attacking an XI, we need to be able to press effectively, which is going to be difficult with Kane at #10...although Bentancur and Bissouma may well be capable of compensating for him.

The bigger problem for me is that Perisic--Dier--Romero--Spence is absolutely nowhere near as solid defensively as Rose--Verts--Toby--Walker. By the time we hit peak Poch, Walker was a frighteningly good defender, knowing his limitations and using his pace to counter them, and Rose was pretty good too. The CBs were one of the world's top pairings. If we can find a beast of a LCB and if Udogie turns out to be as good as he's looking in Italy, perhaps...

Don't think Conte will do it but 4231 allows you to play all 4 with Kane center of the 3
I think it's too weak down the left if you've got Son in the 3, protecting a FB. Could go 442? Kane just off of Richarlison, Perisic left, Kulusevski right. Can't see Conte moving from 3 CBs until we buy some defenders he can trust though.

Kane behind Richardson, and as you say Son should be rested for a couple of games. We all love Son but in all honesty he has been poor this season.
Conte's never going to play that system. The only way Richarlison starts in the middle is instead of Kane.
Not saying that I wouldn't like to see it, just Conte won't play it.

The conundrum is Kane is still the best finisher. So you don't want him to play in no. 10 role permanently. Better that he has a flexible role. Certainly sometimes you could play with Kane deeper and Richarlison leading the line. It is important to keep mixing things up as teams work you out and nullify. So having lots of dynamic ways to play is positive. Richarlison can also switch with Son. Son already plays as a second striker often with Kane dropping off and Son leading the line.

Last edited:
What is reassuring (for me at least) is that if Kane was to leave for whatever reason, we now have Brazils no.9 waiting in the wings to take over. I’m not for one second suggesting Richi is as good as Kane, but I do think he would grow into the role of being ‘the main man’ and would score a lot of goals up front for us….

The conundrum is Kane is still the best finisher. So you don't want to play in no. 10 role permanently. Better than he has a flexible role. Certainly sometimes you could play with Kane deeper and Richarlison leading the line. It is important to keep mixing things up as teams work you out and nullify. So having lots of dynamic ways to play is positive. Richarlison can also switch with Son. Son already plays as a second striker often with Kane dropping off and Son leading the line.
Number 10s are known to get in the box and score goals.

I would like to see him given a run of games through the middle, been great so far for Brazil.
I agree but will kane want to play a non-scoring deeper role for good?
Mourinho did well with him there and Son up front, somehow it didn't last though we were scoring for fun.

I agree but will kane want to play a non-scoring deeper role for good?
Mourinho did well with him there and Son up front, somehow it didn't last though we were scoring for fun.

Ok sons not scoring freely at the moment. But we've scored 31 goals in 15 games this season. 2.06 goals a game.

Mourinhos first season we scored 61 in 38. 1.6 goals a game.

Second (although includes mason) 62 in 38.

If you want to make an argument, base it on reality.

Back