• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

The brazil set up is a kinda 4-2-4 which we could play
We would need a better LCB and could play Ben Davies left back with Royal playing right back
Conte started out playing that way I believe
It’s certainly an option when all are fit if we’re chasing games

I wish we'd spent the money on Gvardiol. I wish we'd spend the money on Gvardiol.

Who will be your manager with that formation?

Poch, by June I'd imagine

--------------Richarlison
Son-----------Kane---------Kulusevski
------Bentancur-----Bissouma
Perisic-----Dier-----Romero---Spence
-----------------Lloris

compared to

--------------Kane
Son-----------Alli---------Eriksen
------Dembele-----Wanyama
Rose-----Verts-----Alder---Walker
-----------------Lloris

Poch, by June I'd imagine

--------------Richarlison
Son-----------Kane---------Kulusevski
------Bentancur-----Bissouma
Perisic-----Dier-----Romero---Spence
-----------------Lloris

compared to

--------------Kane
Son-----------Alli---------Eriksen
------Dembele-----Wanyama
Rose-----Verts-----Alder---Walker
-----------------Lloris

And what would the bench look like seeing as the front 4 would need rotation?

We still have Moura and Gil as options, plus a window opening in a few weeks.

I think getting a new manager, changing formation and buying a new number 9 and 10 as backup. Just because richarlison has scored a couple of goals at the wc, might be a bit knee jerk.

Just my opinion.

I think getting a new manager, changing formation and buying a new number 9 and 10 as backup. Just because richarlison has scored a couple of goals at the wc, might be a bit knee jerk.

Just my opinion.
It enables us to high press again and solves the issue of Kulu being our only source of creativity. It solves quite a lot of our current issues and seems a natural evolution if we want to compete more at the top again

It enables us to high press again and solves the issue of Kulu being our only source of creativity. It solves quite a lot of our current issues and seems a natural evolution if we want to compete more at the top again

Perisic isn't good enough defensively for that role imo. Spence is unproven defensively at this level.

I don't think it would change our ability to press that much. That #10 role is important for pressing too. Alli used to do a massive job in that role when we last were a high pressing team. Same for most other high pressing teams I can think of.

We used our attackers really well towards the end of last season. We need to get back to that. Having one of them on the bench is not a problem, it's a strength.

Agreed @braineclipse getting all the strikers fit at the same time, playing the form players and rotating properly, will be much more beneficial than reinventing the wheel again and trying to shoe horn every attacking player we have in to the starting XI.

back end of last season was the blue print, with everyone fit I see no reason why we can’t look like one of the most complete teams in the league again.

Just my opinion.

Just for the record 20 goals in 41 appearances for his country is more than a couple of goals

Kulusevski...Kane...Richarlison
Should be our starting front three, with Son coming off the bench to find form/play against tiring defenders.

Yeah but nobody was talking about changing the formation before the world cup.

I doubt Conte is talking about changing the formation right now.

However if Richarlison continues to have a good tournament I think Conte will have to address phasing him into the team in the New Year, especially when you consider the poor season Son has had so far.

Back