• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quacks & Pseudoscience

That's not a source, that is an anecdote. You will need to link to a reputable source to support what you are saying or the conversation is pointless.

Yep that's right. vaccine damaged kids don't count. Self serving web links do.

You see what I hear and many others hear when you dismiss these kids and tell them they are stupid is that you don't give a brick about the vaccine damaged kids. We have sent you a weblink so now we don't have to do anything about your damaged kid now.

Yep that's right. vaccine damaged kids don't count. Self serving web links do.

You see what I hear and many others hear when you dismiss these kids and tell them they are stupid is that you don't give a brick about the vaccine damaged kids. We have sent you a weblink so now we don't have to do anything about your damaged kid now.

They do count, very much so. What doesn't count are unsubstantiated opinions.

Well. maybe. I certainly get some relief from the pain by shouting into the ether. I am not sure it makes much difference. Either way. Frankly, we are like two bald men fighting over a comb. No one is listening to either of us. (Other than a handful of equally metaphorically bald men)

As for the quote it is not really supported by the "inconclusive" pathology report.

Anger is an understandable reaction to pain. But anger and shouting into the ether is not a great basis for rationality.

This is an important issue. You've repeatedly presented claims that have been disproved very quickly, the latest example being Millsy's quick response at the top of page 25.

If at some point you decide that on this important issue you would like to have opinions that hold up better to scrutiny. Opinions that match better with facts and evidence I really cannot recommend getting a better scientific understanding highly enough. The scientific method put men on the moon, gave us the internet and has increased our life span and quality of life tremendously.

Again, a good start would be "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre. He's also very critical of the pharma industry at times. In my opinion much more appropriate times, but he's in no way a pharma shill.

If you want a conversation on here about such issues where you don't play the part of the angry person shouting into the ether to relieve pain I'm more than willing to engage.

Ha! I saw this thread had moved on 7 pages since I last looked, and wondered what was on the 7th page. Bingo!

Poe's law:

Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

If JPBB is a troll he's playing the role of the science denying anti-vaccer really well.

Perhaps we need a green field site.to move this argument on

The good news for you is that the Zika virus vaccine will soon be available to jab into kids. It will be completely safe and necessary

What I don't understand is how we got here. Perhaps the scientist can explain.

Zika has been around for decades. Most Brazilians I know have had it. It's sort of like flu. A bit like measles was before it became the most dangerous of all diseases.

Oddly there has never been any cases of zika related microcephaly reported until recently. Not even from tin foil hat types like myself. Yet in 2015 there was an epidemic of them.

Oddly Zika is found in Brazil and 28 other countries but no Zika related microcephaly are recorded in any country other than Brazil. In Columbia they did a observational study of 5000 pregnant women who had Zika. Not one case of microcephaly.

Yet in Brazil it is raging out of control so much so they wanted to cancel the Olympics. It is a bit odd but I suppose the explanation is just its a coincidence.

In completely unrelated news at the end of 2014 the Brazilian government mandated all pregnant woman to have the tdap vaccine. In mid 2015 the first ever Zika related microcephaly appeared but only in Brazil. A bit odd. It must be a coincidence

So there you have it. A brand new vaccine for you and your kids. Completely safe and necessary. Keep going with tdap particularly if you are pregnant. It is completely safe.

Hey scientist can you explain all this to the stupid people.

Btw. The good news is that you don't now need the mosquito to get Zika. You clever scientists have proved that you get it from sex. That means we can all join in the vaccination fun.

Perhaps we need a green field site.to move this argument on

The good news for you is that the Zika virus vaccine will soon be available to jab into kids. It will be completely safe and necessary

What I don't understand is how we got here. Perhaps the scientist can explain.

Zika has been around for decades. Most Brazilians I know have had it. It's sort of like flu. A bit like measles was before it became the most dangerous of all diseases.

Oddly there has never been any cases of zika related microcephaly reported until recently. Not even from tin foil hat types like myself. Yet in 2015 there was an epidemic of them.

Oddly Zika is found in Brazil and 28 other countries but no Zika related microcephaly are recorded in any country other than Brazil. In Columbia they did a observational study of 5000 pregnant women who had Zika. Not one case of microcephaly.

Yet in Brazil it is raging out of control so much so they wanted to cancel the Olympics. It is a bit odd but I suppose the explanation is just its a coincidence.

In completely unrelated news at the end of 2014 the Brazilian government mandated all pregnant woman to have the tdap vaccine. In mid 2015 the first ever Zika related microcephaly appeared but only in Brazil. A bit odd. It must be a coincidence

So there you have it. A brand new vaccine for you and your kids. Completely safe and necessary. Keep going with tdap particularly if you are pregnant. It is completely safe.

Hey scientist can you explain all this to the stupid people.

Btw. The good news is that you don't now need the mosquito to get Zika. You clever scientists have proved that you get it from sex. That means we can all join in the vaccination fun.

And not a single source, again...

For transfer speculations people are asked to post sources on this forum and the vast majority of people comply. But on an issue of the life, death and well being of children you don't think its appropriate to include the sources for your claims.

Absolutely baffling.

From what I can find there is some doubt that Zika causes microcephaly, but unlike the foil phalanx, researchers are looking into it and trying to find the right answer, rather than immediately shoe horning it into their antivax schtick.

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-08-02/brazil-now-has-doubts-zika-alone-causes-birth-defects

What? The vaccine might not be completely necessary? But the US Government has given Big Pharma $350 million dollars to develop a vaccine for Zika. That money is just going to be wasted? I doubt it. You and your kids will be encouraged to use it. Good luck with that.

Why would anyone in a country where zika is not endemic have to have a vaccination against it. They wouldn't, as you well know, but that doesn't fit.

It's also worth noting that "might not" doesn't mean is not. If research proves the link, then it would be very silly for people planning pregnancy not to get vaccinated against it, if available, so the US government funding research isn't a bad thing.

Out of interest, is your mistrust of the medical world total, or just confined to vaccination?

Why would anyone in a country where zika is not endemic have to have a vaccination against it. They wouldn't, as you well know, but that doesn't fit.

It's also worth noting that "might not" doesn't mean is not. If research proves the link, then it would be very silly for people planning pregnancy not to get vaccinated against it, if available, so the US government funding research isn't a bad thing.

Out of interest, is your mistrust of the medical world total, or just confined to vaccination?

We vaccinate against Polio. It is not endemic here. Why would anyone want to do that?

You would risk a new vaccine on your unborn child on a "might". I admire your blind faith in all Pharma's promises on vaccines.

It was though, again, as you well know, before vaccination cleared it out, and continues to keep it out.

Not really. Modern science has saved my life on at least two occasions. It has also destroyed many lives. The point I am making is that blind faith is in everything Big Pharma and the medical industry is dangerous. And vaccinations are the most obvious example of that.

You would risk a new vaccine on your unborn child on a "might". I admire your blind faith in all Pharma's promises on vaccines.
If research finds that zika does in fact cause microcephaly, and research finds a vaccination that works against it, and it passes the safety checks that you will deny happen, and Mrs Ron was up the duff or planning on getting that way, and she or I were planning on traveling to somewhere where there is a strong chance of contracting zika, then yes I'd take my chances with medical research thanks very much. It's got me this far.

It was though, again, as you well know, before vaccination cleared it out, and continues to keep it out.

Well i guess it is for that reason you will vaccinate against Zika. You scientists have proven that it is spread through sex, so the mechanism is there for us all to contract it.

If research finds that zika does in fact cause microcephaly, and research finds a vaccination that works against it, and it passes the safety checks that you will deny happen, and Mrs Ron was up the duff or planning on getting that way, and she or I were planning on traveling to somewhere where there is a strong chance of contracting zika, then yes I'd take my chances with medical research thanks very much. It's got me this far.

I once said that.

(also quite a lot of "ifs" in there. Will you go through the same thought process with every vaccine for your future child?)

Last edited:
Also, slightly off topic, Donald Trump has a vaccine damaged child in his family. Those that have spoken to him on this matter say his views on Big Pharma and vaccines make mine look positively restrained. I guess for you that is another good reason to hope that he fails and for me a very small silver lining if he succeeds.

I once said that.

(also quite a lot of "ifs" in there. Will you go through the same thought process with every vaccine for your future child?)
Most of the vaccines we've been discussing have been through the stages that I listed already, so I wouldn't have to think long and hard about a measles shot, or diphtheria, or polio. I'd accept the risk of complication that's present with all medicine, as no one has denied, because the benefit outweighs it.

But if there was a new vaccine for whatever, then yes I would want to know about it, it's efficacy and relevance to the situation I, or my child, was in. I'm sure we all would.

Also, slightly off topic, Donald Trump has a vaccine damaged child in his family. Those that have spoken to him on this matter say his views on Big Pharma and vaccines make mine look positively restrained. I guess for you that is another good reason to hope that he fails and for me a very small silver lining if he succeeds.

A barmpot with a disregard for the truth is attracted to a barmpot movement with a disregard for the truth. Surprise me.

Back