• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

City look like certainties for second and Liverpool for 7th, so I'll include Everton.

TottenhamChelseaArsenalEverton
Fulham (A)Everton (H)Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (A)Tottenham (H)Norwich (H)QPR (H)
Emirates Marketing Project (H)Liverpool (A)Fulham (A)Sunderland (A)
Wigan (A)Swansea (H)Man Utd (H)Fulham (H)
Southampton (H)Man Utd (A)QPR (A)Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)Aston Villa (A)Wigan (H)West Ham (A)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)Chelsea (A)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 1: Man Utd (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool (1/1, 10 points in total)

Mid table: Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, Southampton (3/1, 32 points in total)

Bottom 5: Sunderland, QPR, Wigan, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 30 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 72 points. It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never know when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

Tottenham 58
Chelsea 58
Arsenal 56
Everton 52

Come end of season:

Tottenham 70 (12/18 points won)
Chelsea 68 (10/21 points won)
Arsenal 68 (12/21 points won)
Everton 65 (13/21 points won)

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Chelsea 69
Tottenham 68
Arsenal 61
Everton 59
Liverpool 58

*all this assuming I've counted correctly when adding up

Key matches:

Chelsea - Tottenham
Tottenham - Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal - Everton
Liverpool - Chelsea
Chelsea - Everton
Liverpool - Everton
Man United - Chelsea
Arsenal - Man United

I tell you what, Chelsea have the hardest run in. They have to play us Unuted and Liverpool, not easy games at all. You could say our is the easiest of them all for Chelsea as they have such a good record at home to us but still, they could drop 8 points there. If we win our games at home (actually unlikely considering our away record is probably better than our home) we have a chance. Stoke away for us will be tough, although they are brick at the moment. If we win 4 out of our last 6 we can do it I reckon. a loss against city and chelsea im guessing and 4 wins from our bricker teams

I tell you what, Chelsea have the hardest run in. They have to play us Unuted and Liverpool, not easy games at all. You could say our is the easiest of them all for Chelsea as they have such a good record at home to us but still, they could drop 8 points there. If we win our games at home (actually unlikely considering our away record is probably better than our home) we have a chance. Stoke away for us will be tough, although they are brick at the moment. If we win 4 out of our last 6 we can do it I reckon. a loss against city and chelsea im guessing and 4 wins from our bricker teams

And their run in becomes even harder than ours if they get through on Thurs night and we don't. Would give them a real log-jam

Chelsea to win Fa cup and EL but finish outside the top 4????? highly possible. Look at last season only this time winning the european trophy wont get them automatic qualification to the CL at our expense :-k

We took 7 points from the reverse fixtures to our remaining games this season. I think we'll need to take something off both City and Chelsea this time round, and probably more than 2 points, because we're bound to make a gonads of at least one of the "easier" games. Even if we do get Bale and Lennon back, I reckon we'll lose at least twice. I expect us to add about 8 points to our total, which would give us 66, so I think we're going to miss 4th by 1 or 2 points again.

We got 10 from the same fixtures last season and we also got 10 from our last 6 games. Ten points this season will see us fall just short though.

If we manage 3 or more points from the City and Chelsea games, I'll give us a decent chance of making it; otherwise, I don't think so. We always struggle against sides battliing the drop, even at the best of times. Three out of our last four up against relegation scrappers? Not a good sign.

I have to lol at the 70 points for spurs

you can lol all you like, but I remember when we had Arsenal Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project all in the space of a week and the predictions then. Don't need to tell you what happened...

They do, but no doubt they'll be able to scrape enough lucky wins to overtake us for third/fourth/whatever. Just like they did on Sunday.

I just hope both Southampton and Stoke are safe when we play them, as well as Sunderland in our last game. Wigan will be very tricky, they are fighting for their lives, and we all know how we normally do against teams that go all in with aggression and power.

That said, Chelski are playing pretty poorly at the moment, so if their luck runs out and they keep playing brick, they will struggle for points in several of their remaining games. Arsenal as well have a few tough games coming up, but they have momentum and will probably nick third place again.

As for Everton? Three points behind us if they win their game in hand - it could work in our favour, if they beat Chelski and Arse, but then again that could be the points they need to overtake us as well. Ultimately I think they'll finish sixth though, but it will be very exciting indeed.

I think it will be us and Chelski challenging for fourth place, which is why it is vital we manage to get something at Stamford Bridge.

you can lol all you like, but I remember when we had Arsenal Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project all in the space of a week and the predictions then. Don't need to tell you what happened...

I would love that to happen again, just cant see it this time round. Even though we are in front (ok with 1 game played more) we are very fragile in terms of confidence, the scum however have won 7 of 9. Chelsea are beatable but when they play us they will raise their game ten fold, it will happen.

I'm predicting 66 points.

Unlike us I can't see Chelski being hurt by losing 1 or 2 to injuries. They have Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard, Ramires and Marin and probably others all vying for midfield positions... and Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahil and Terry in central defence.

Seeing them drop points to bricky sides is so confusing, they should be murdering teams with the squad they have.

Fact is, Arsenal ARE on an amazing run (25 out of 27 isn't it?!) but that's why I think they'll fudge it up, the simply are not good enough to continue that til the end of the season, so they will drop points - man u, away at fulham, qpr, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, home to everton. These are not easy games.

I still think us 3rd, chelsea 4th, arsenal 5th

Fact is, Arsenal ARE on an amazing run (25 out of 27 isn't it?!) but that's why I think they'll fudge it up, the simply are not good enough to continue that til the end of the season, so they will drop points - man u, away at fulham, qpr, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, home to everton. These are not easy games.

I still think us 3rd, chelsea 4th, arsenal 5th

I dont know dude. You could change those teams to West brom away, Swansea away, Norwich away and home to Liverpool and say us, and they would have won all of them so those games are more winnable than loseable I think. I think they will win all of theirs bar United. They always finish strong.

If we manage 3 or more points from the City and Chelsea games, I'll give us a decent chance of making it; otherwise, I don't think so. We always struggle against sides battliing the drop, even at the best of times. Three out of our last four up against relegation scrappers? Not a good sign.

I actually think that 2 points (ie a draw in each) would be fine. Would take us to 60 and mean that 3 wins and a draw from the other 4 'easier' games would get us to 70 which historically has been more than enough. We should back ourselves to beat Southampton (nothing to play for) and Sunderland (brick) at home and so would need a win and draw at Wigan and Stoke

I would love that to happen again, just cant see it this time round. Even though we are in front (ok with 1 game played more) we are very fragile in terms of confidence, the scum however have won 7 of 9. Chelsea are beatable but when they play us they will raise their game ten fold, it will happen.

I'm predicting 66 points.

Don't disagree with what you say, I just wouldn't laugh at anyone's predictions as there will definitely be results not anticipated for us and our rivals....

Chelsea have the harder run in, piled on with more games due to cups.

If anyone is going to miss out on top four other than us, it's Chelsea not Arsenal.

Back