• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

fwiw, i think Benitez will continue to roatate and manage his squad for all three competitions, because he thinks that Chelsea have the squad depth that is capable of doing so. If this is his thinking, it will be good for our (and arsenal's) chase for top 4. But i think there is also a genuine argument for Benitez in rotating his team in this manner.
if chelsea had beaten southampton, no questions would have been asked regarding his team selection that day (i also think the likes of ferguson, wenger wouldve rotated in a similar manner). and a lot of the abuse Benitez has taken regarding his rotation/soton result has come from that fact that there are many bitter chelsea fans looking to have a go at him whenever possible.

I don't think clubs pay any attention to what happens at Chelsea when appointing staff, it's such a random environment that it's a useless barometer of ability, which is why the 2 managers that got them to a CL final (one of whom won it) haven't had a decent job since and the last couple of "failures" found themsves managing big European clubs within 6 months

gf, i agree to a point that a manager's tenure(and eventual sacking) at chelsea isnt the most accurate barometer of ability, however i still think hiring clubs/owners (and fans fwiw) take a manager's stint at chelsea into account when judging a manager's ability.

Avram Grant - hes not found another job like chelsea because he had no great managerial history before and considering his stint at chelsea was short, big clubs are probably unwilling to take him on at that level.
di Matteo - similar, but he has shown he is probably a bottom epl or championship level manager in the past, and that is probably his level. in terms of a top epl or european job, whilst at chelsea, he showed by his league results/performances, he may not be at that top level (yet).

AVB - his reputation clearly took a big hit after the chelsea job. was rated almost as highly as jurgen klopp is now during his time at porto.
ancelotti - did well at chelsea, combine that with his history, he is still able to get a top job.
hiddink - same as ancelotti
scolari - came to chelsea with a massive reputation. however his experience at chelsea has probably led many european clubs to think his management style is unsuited to europe.

Here's my prediction for the run-in;

Code:
SPURS			58 pts

Chelsea (A) 		- L
City (H) 		- D
Wigan (A)		- W
Southampton (H)		- W
Stoke (A)		- D
Sunderland (H)		- W

11 points = 69 total

Arse*al			56 pts

Norwich (H)		- W		
Everton (H)		- D
Fulham (A)		- D
Man UTD (H)		- L
QPR (A)			- W
Wigan (H)		- W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)		- D

12 points = 68 total

Chelski			58 pts

Tottenham (H)		- W
Fulham (A)		- D
Liverpool (A)		- D
Swansea (H)		- W
Man UTD (A)		- D
Villa (A)		- W
Everton (H)		- W

15 points = 73 total

Soooo ...

Chelski			73 pts
Spurs			69 pts
Arse*al			68 pts

But I'm afraid that's being a bit too harsh on Le Arse given their current form. They can of course easily beat Everton at home, Fulham away and even Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. Even a draw at United it possible. So it leaves us in a pretty tough position. We should have course always draw away to Chelski and win against City, but I seriously doubt we will in our current form. I hate to say it, but I think we'll finish 5th, despite of this "prediction". :-#

Been on BBC predictor..

Spurs: City (H) - L
Wigan (A) - D
Southampton (H) - W
Stoke (A) - W
Chelsea (A) - D
Sunderland (H) - W

69pts

Arsenal: Norwich (H) - W
Everton (H) - D
Fulham (A) - W
Man Utd (H) - L
QPR (A) - W
Wigan (H) - W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) - W

72pts

Chelsea: Fulham (A) - W
Liverpool (A) - D
Swansea (H) - D
Man Utd (A) - L
Villa (A) - D
Spurs (H) - D
Everton (H) - W

68pts

Got us to finish 4th but it will be very, very close

We need some balls like we had in 2009/10.

We need to hope Lloris can replicate Gomes in that run-in. He got a lot of unnecessary stick from some of our supporters, but some of his saves against first Chelski and then the arse were absolutely incredible; one from van persie in particular was breath-taking!

Saturday 13th April 2013

Arsenal v Norwich City 15:00
Aston Villa v Fulham 15:00
Everton v Queens Park Rangers 15:00
Reading v Liverpool 15:00
Southampton v West Ham United 15:00

Sunday 14th April 2013

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Sunderland 12:00
Stoke City v Manchester United 14:05

Looks like it's going to be a bricky weekend. And yet another Saturday with no early kick off. Cheezus SKY, you're so fudging useless at picking games.

City look like certainties for second and Liverpool for 7th, so I'll include Everton.

TottenhamChelseaArsenalEverton
Fulham (A)Everton (H)Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (A)Tottenham (H)
Emirates Marketing Project (H)Liverpool (A)Fulham (A)Sunderland (A)
Wigan (A)Swansea (H)Man Utd (H)Fulham (H)
Southampton (H)Man Utd (A)QPR (A)Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)Aston Villa (A)Wigan (H)West Ham (A)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)Chelsea (A)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 1: Man Utd (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool (1/1, 10 points in total)

Mid table: Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, Southampton (3/1, 32 points in total)

Bottom 5: Sunderland, QPR, Wigan, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 30 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 72 points. It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never know when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

Arsenal 59
Chelsea 58
Tottenham 58
Everton 55

Come end of season:

Tottenham 70 (12/18 points won)
Chelsea 68 (10/21 points won)
Arsenal 68 (9/18 points won)
Everton 65 (10/18 points won)

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Chelsea 69
Tottenham 68
Arsenal 63
Everton 62
Liverpool 59

*all this assuming I've counted correctly when adding up

Key matches:

Arsenal - Everton
Tottenham - Emirates Marketing Project
Liverpool - Chelsea
Arsenal - Man United
Man United - Chelsea
Liverpool - Everton
Chelsea - Tottenham
Chelsea - Everton

City should no loner be seen as 'CL contenders' If they are 'certainties for second'.

They're somewhere in between United and the CL contenders, but I'll just leave them where they are. Anyway, they represent 1 point for us and afterwards they won't play any of the other teams.

Chelsea 74 (28/39 points won)
Liverpool 71 (35/39 points won)
Tottenham 69 (24/39 points won)
Arsenal 64 (23/39 points won)
Everton 59 (17/39 points won)

That was the original prediction. Since then they've picked up the following number of points:

Arsenal 18/21
Liverpool 14/24
Everton 13/21
Tottenham 13/21
Chelsea 12/18

fwiw, most bookies have Emirates Marketing Project to finish top 4 at over a 99% certainty

Wigan away is going to be a toughie for us, fighting hard to stay up, the game is a week too early for their players to fully have their minds on the Cup final.
Southampton look safe now, so I'm hoping they have packed their holiday gear by the time we play them
Stoke still need possibly 2 wins before we visit for them to be safe
and still have a feeling we might send Sunderland down on the last day.

Circumstances have meant in the last 7-10 days our final fixtures just got a little trickier, bearing it looks like we will have to win all four of those matches to have a chance of CL football

Still clinging to the hope we can do this, but the way things seem to go for Spurs, especially in recent seasons, it would not surprise me if it finished
Chelsea 71
Arsenal 71
Spurs 71

Wigan away is going to be a toughie for us, fighting hard to stay up, the game is a week too early for their players to fully have their minds on the Cup final.
Southampton look safe now, so I'm hoping they have packed their holiday gear by the time we play them
Stoke still need possibly 2 wins before we visit for them to be safe
and still have a feeling we might send Sunderland down on the last day.

Circumstances have meant in the last 7-10 days our final fixtures just got a little trickier, bearing it looks like we will have to win all four of those matches to have a chance of CL football

if only man u had wrapped up the title by now... then Man C wouldn't look so daunting.
for the rest - just hope that relegated gets relegated asap so they have nothing to prove when they face us.

Back