• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

I'm not sure, can you give me an example?

Mostly it's just looking beyond what the club is saying and asking why, and whether or not it's realistic. For instance when AVB said we weren't interested in Lloris, it was pretty clear we were, and AVB was toeing the party line to aid in our negotiating position.

And because of the quality of our squad, and because of the competitiveness of the team around us, I can't think that people with the football understanding of Levy would be demanding CL this season and saying that anything else is failure. Arsenal are still strong, so are Chelsea. Emirates Marketing Project and United will always be up there. We will have to do very well to guarentee top 4 ahead of these teams.

But at the same time, we do have the quality to suggest that with a couple more quality additions, we really could push for the title. I can see City, us and Chelsea all closing the gap towards United next year and so can Arsenal if they spend. It will be a closer top 4, and we can be a part of that. It still doesn't mean we would guarantee top 4, but we can make a push for the title, because that will be the landscape of the league. And because of that landscape, it doesn't mean a failure to get top 4 is the horror of all horrors, the destruction of our club and we need to start again.

AVB has proven himself in a transitional year. We've got some good results, the players like playing for him and enjoy him by all accounts, and there's no need to panic. If next season we are not keeping in touch with the top 4 then there is room to panic. But I think we will do well next year.

Arse have 80 mill to spend this summer

Chelsea look like bringing back Mourinho

If we finish outside the top 4, our spending power is reduced, the top players will as always gravitate to CL sides. plus the majority of the current squad would have to deal with failure again

All in all next season will be harder than ever

Arse have 80 mill to spend this summer

Chelsea look like bringing back Mourinho

If we finish outside the top 4, our spending power is reduced, the top players will as always gravitate to CL sides. plus the majority of the current squad would have to deal with failure again

All in all next season will be harder than ever

Our medium term goal is surely to stay in the top 5-6 on our current budget. We can't compete with them financially (yet), but we can be smarter with our money. That means we can't stock up on players to cover every possible scenario. If we're going to spend any serious money (anything more than £3-4 million IMO) it has to be with a long term view, meaning no stop gaps. We also have to bring through players from our youth system and sometimes their development is better aided by going out on loan. These are decisions taken by Levy, Sherwood and AVB together. They all bring different reasons for doing things to the table, but the final decision will be with a view towards the longer term.

We really have to do this the hard way

Emirates Marketing Project at home - eventhough they have lost the title, that one will be tough

Chelsea away - dont need to say much about that one

Stoke and Wigan away, who are right in the middle of a relegation dogfight

And Sunderland might need something in the last week to avoid the drop

Southampton H is a must win, but even they are playing well atm

And I think we might need 4 wins and a draw from those 6 to get top 4

Real happy we have that break after the Basel. We really need some bodies back - and fast

Emirates Marketing Project...0
Chelsea....0
Wigan......3
Saints......3
Stoke......1
Sunderl....3

68 pts

i was being optimistic.....not sure about Wigan and Southampton games. They could easily be draws

As always with football we're likely to get a better than expected result against either Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project and at least one worse than expected result against the other teams.

A lot depends on Lennon & Bale being back quick-sharp

Just did the bbc predictor (had to add in the postponed chelsea fixture myself)
Ended up with :

Tottenham - 72
Arsenal - 70
Chelsea - 67

Looking through this thread people are so obsessed about Arsenal.
Chelsea have still be play United and Liverpool away, and us and Everton at home.

Add in the fact they've played 57 games already this season compared to our 47 and Arsenal's 46.

Chelsea are our real rivals in this 4th place race.

I'd never actually looked at the run in of Arsenal and Chelsea until tonight, mostly because all I'd heard is how easy Arsenals is and how Chelsea also have a favourable run in.

Now I've looked at it I don't see it at all, Arsenal have a lot of tricky games as do Chelsea. It's all to play for....

Just did the bbc predictor (had to add in the postponed chelsea fixture myself)
Ended up with :

Tottenham - 72
Arsenal - 70
Chelsea - 67

medium_f84bc489b5e6848ac2e40ab7dde1442a.jpg

A lot depends on Lennon & Bale being back quick-sharp

I would actually say its more important that they come back 100% fit rather than 75%. As such, I wouldn't play them v Man C unless we really are sure that their injuries have healed - really don't want them playing within themselves as they protect an injury or, even worse, they make the injury worse.

We really have to do this the hard way

Emirates Marketing Project at home - eventhough they have lost the title, that one will be tough

Chelsea away - dont need to say much about that one

Stoke and Wigan away, who are right in the middle of a relegation dogfight

And Sunderland might need something in the last week to avoid the drop

Southampton H is a must win, but even they are playing well atm

And I think we might need 4 wins and a draw from those 6 to get top 4

Real happy we have that break after the Basel. We really need some bodies back - and fast

Some fair points though we have to back ourselves to get 10 points from Soton, Stoke, Wigan and Sunderland if we have Bale and Lennon back. That means we probably need 2 draws v Man C and Chelsea.

Am I the only one with mixed feeling re the Basel game? If we lose and Chelsea go through then they have a horrible fixture pile up and we can actually focus on getting top 4

I was very confident about 3 points against City.

but I can't help but feel we will push both Lennon and Bale back and they won't play to the capabilities. I think we might see a Fulham type performance from Bale, where he quite clearly wasn't 100% fit. Thing is, if Bale thinks he can play and wants to, you can't stop him, he is still capable of pulling off magic half fit.

You just know Everton will play like a bunch of tw#ts at The Emirates in that game in hand

I was initially thinking this, but I think Moyes is under pressure from some o the Everton fans in that they want to see him win at a 'big 4' ground. He is constantly accused of being negative and timid in the big ganes, especially away from home. Some of them might even add today to the list.
I think he'll want to address this impression and I think a trip to the Emirates (with Pienaar and Fellaini back as well) will giive him one of the last few chances to address that view (before the Mersey derby and his potentially last game for him at Chelsea).

I think they could get a draw at the Emirates. Well, here's hoping..[-o<

BBC Predictor:

3. Arsenal +33 - 71 pts
4. Tottenham +17 - 68pts
------
5. Chelsea +27 - 66pts
6. Everton +13 - 62pts

That is of course with us and Chelsea on 37 games, so the game between us and them at Stamford Bridge would end up being really crucial and considering our record at the Bridge that is certainly not something I would look forward too.

I was very confident about 3 points against City.

but I can't help but feel we will push both Lennon and Bale back and they won't play to the capabilities. I think we might see a Fulham type performance from Bale, where he quite clearly wasn't 100% fit. Thing is, if Bale thinks he can play and wants to, you can't stop him, he is still capable of pulling off magic half fit.

im not sure.....if ever there was a player who had to feel 100% fit in order to perform its Gareth Bale

Back