• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

I don't write players off after one performance so I am not too worried about our back 4 against Monaco. Maybe Fryers or Jake could be decent enough stand in CBs.
But it don't hurt to look at Walker in the position.

I don't write players off after one performance so I am not too worried about our back 4 against Monaco. Maybe Fryers or Jake could be decent enough stand in CBs.

Naughton and Huddlestone would be our best bet.

The pundit in the Monaco game was admiring the pace of our CBs. Didn't help much on the day (to say the least!!) but that is my only qualm about Hudd.

yeah it is pretty brick but it's quick and would suit our high line. It's only Palace though and luckily they dont have TOOOOOO Much to threaten us. Our midfield should hopefully be solid enough as well as our finishing.

First 5 yards is in the head, not in the legs. To be able to play a high line your defenders have to have excellent tactical awareness, concentration and positioning first, pace second. One without the other and it won't work though. Personally I look at all of our current defenders and I am not sure any of them are truly suited to a high line, even Vertonghen.

Indeed, pre season games are for getting players fit. Far to many are going overboard over a game that really does not matter.

Totally this. We don't know the intensity of their training sessions the day before the matches, and even in some cases the MORNING of the matches. It's why it also means nothing hammering teams in pre-season. The other team may already be knackered before they even take to the pitch.

The other constant with pre-season over the years is that younger fringe players always end up looking a lot better than they actually are in competitive games, because they play every game like it's a competitive match and aren't as prone to fatigue as older players.

Livermore played as a CB in the EL at some point iirc. I think it was in one of the makeshift Redknapp games so some leeway should be allowed, but he looked very much out of place.

I would rather see Hudd there, he has some experience playing that position and doing alright at least.

I don't think Fryers is ready either.

I hope neither of them play there when the league starts.

Here's a sight for sore eyes...

A4802_zpsc7f0edd3.jpg

...Younes Kaboul back in full training.

Here's a sight for sore eyes...

A4802_zpsc7f0edd3.jpg

...Younes Kaboul back in full training.

was he ever out of training?

I just have a feeling he wont play pre-season games because he may have problems that could affect him.

I mean you never saw Ledley King play in pre-season games did ya? I actually think Kaboul will start against Palace.

was he ever out of training?

I just have a feeling he wont play pre-season games because he may have problems that could affect him.

I mean you never saw Ledley King play in pre-season games did ya? I actually think Kaboul will start against Palace.[/QUOTE]

Yes please. But I do worry he could have a Ledley-style injury which sees him miss a lot of games each season

Hudd can't run and tackle and doesn't get off the ground when he jumps, apart from that he'd be a good centre back, at least Naughton can defend.

Well I guessed that much... stuck in Germany with only brick TV I wondered what footie you had found to watch. I didn't think I was being particularly provocative...

hehe im sorry if it come across that way, i thought it was pretty clear :p they were playign AIK in a friendly, looked poor as they have been all pre-season. I'd like to say it's the Moyes effect, they were playing long ball, but we have hardly looked good.

hehe im sorry if it come across that way, i thought it was pretty clear :p they were playign AIK in a friendly, looked poor as they have been all pre-season. I'd like to say it's the Moyes effect, they were playing long ball, but we have hardly looked good.

No offence taken Capt Soldado ;)

Good, glad to see that Utd are going down the toilet

Squad for tonight's Spurs XI match against Cambridge City: Miles, Vigouroux, Falque, Fredericks, Ceballos, McEvoy, Coulthirst, Bentaleb, Ward, Lameiras, McEneff, Ball, A McQueen, D McQueen, Gallifuoco, Stewart.

Kick-off is 7.45pm

Squad for tonight's Spurs XI match against Cambridge City: Miles, Vigouroux, Falque, Fredericks, Ceballos, [B]McEvoy,[/B] Coulthirst, Bentaleb, Ward, Lameiras, McEneff, Ball, A McQueen, D McQueen, Gallifuoco, Stewart.

Kick-off is 7.45pm

This has probably been suggested before, but if we did accept a bid for Bale, can we not teach this guy to speak Welsh, pin his ears back and send him to Madrid instead??

Back