• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Seriously management can't win. If they send their team out there and they go hell for leather to win and pick up a number of injuries posters would be slamming the management for making poor decisions.

Indeed, pre season games are for getting players fit. Far to many are going overboard over a game that really does not matter.

Indeed, pre season games are for getting players fit. Far to many are going overboard over a game that really does not matter.

Pre season training is for getting fit without straining any muscles and picking up silly injuries.
What the fudge is going on really? Its embarrassing how many injuries we have.

And who bright idea was it to go play on horrible pitches in Hong Kong and Monaco?

Pre season training is for getting fit without straining any muscles and picking up silly injuries.
What the fudge is going on really? Its embarrassing how many injuries we have.

And who bright idea was it to go play on horrible pitches in Hong Kong and Monaco?

We picked up one injury in Monaco.

We picked up one injury in Hong Kong too.

It's not the pitches that have us currently so far down on our first eleven.

I'll never forget when we won all our pre-season games in 2006 and lost 2-0 at Bolton on the opening day.

From that point on I never again gave a brick about pre-season results, as much as I was still intrigued by performances of new signings or my favoured players. In fact, I kind of prefer having a rubbish pre-season results wise.

I'll never forget when we won all our pre-season games in 2006 and lost 2-0 at Bolton on the opening day.

From that point on I never again gave a brick about pre-season results, as much as I was still intrigued by performances of new signings or my favoured players. In fact, I kind of prefer having a rubbish pre-season results wise.

I have the exact same attitude. I think it was the season before last where we had an atrocious pre-season and then quite a good start. The results are absolutely meaningless, fitness and the squad getting used to the departures and arrivals is far more important.

Same for me too, but its good to see key players getting game time nonetheless , something we aren't exactly doing with injuries and lateness o new arrivals for whatever reason. Doesn't feel like we will be ready for opening day.

Same for me too, but its good to see key players getting game time nonetheless , something we aren't exactly doing with injuries and lateness o new arrivals for whatever reason. Doesn't feel like we will be ready for opening day.

There is a long way to go before the season starts. After the Confed Cup Soldado and Paulinho need resting rather than playing. We don't want them to burn out in Feb/March and continue the run of late-season collapses to the Gooners. They have plenty of training sessions to gel with the players, plus the friendly against Espanyol. And I'm sure they will have plenty of small scale and maybe even some 11-a-sides in training.

Not sure how much more prepared we could be considering two of our signings had an international comp this summer, with both players' teams reaching the final.

Pre season, unless you are getting totally out done in all games I am easy going with them

Players are not silly, its tough to get them up for these games and they all know the importance once the season starts, therefore you will see a more committed/ruthless player on the first day of the season than you would in any pre season game.

Fitness, bedding in new players and trying out new things, regardless of the results

Can anyone remember or tell me the shirt numbers for Kane and Chadli in the Monaco game?

Still no pics or numbers for the new guys on the OS.

BQ_SbknCQAA4GiX.jpg:large

BQ_RpiXCQAA_nbo.jpg:large

BQ_LTMkCUAE0xA3.jpg:large

well im pretty sure he was a centre back at Sheff Utd.

He's pretty good in the air, he's quick, strong. His lapses of concentration let him down but with a right back and centre half beside him, he may do okay. I'd rather him there than Livermore thts for sure.

Naughton - Walker - Livermore/Fryers - Rose

That isn't so bahhh ... who am I kidding, that's terrible :lol:

yeah it is pretty brick but it's quick and would suit our high line. It's only Palace though and luckily they dont have TOOOOOO Much to threaten us. Our midfield should hopefully be solid enough as well as our finishing.

Back