• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Clarke Carlisle. ****.
30 mins: "if they keep Bale Spurs could be champions contenders this season".
50 mins: "spurs have no depth to their squad, if they get a few injuries they could be in real trouble".

Oddly, he's kind of right. With Bale our first XI is incredible. Without him and a few players we put out a team like today.

Oddly, he's kind of right. With Bale our first XI is incredible. Without him and a few players we put out a team like today.

Not really just a few players though. Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen, Ekotto, Sandro, Holtby, Paulinho, Bale, Ade, Soldado ... any team with 10 players of that quality missing would struggle.

Not really just a few players though. Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen, Ekotto, Sandro, Holtby, Paulinho, Bale, Ade, Soldado ... any team with 10 players of that quality missing would struggle.

Thats a fair point, and against the likes of Moutinho and Falcao, the replacements would have to be top class. But in reality it was a real make shift defence that could have conceded 7 or more. I just dont know why with so little time before the start of the new season we had to witness that debacle in which we cant really have learnt any real lessons. As I said before, maybe our minds are elsewhere on this one.

Thats a fair point, and against the likes of Moutinho and Falcao, the replacements would have to be top class. But in reality it was a real make shift defence that could have conceded 7 or more. I just dont know why with so little time before the start of the new season we had to witness that debacle in which we cant really have learnt any real lessons. As I said before, maybe our minds are elsewhere on this one.

What would you have preferred that we do?

Send Vertonghen out with a crutch? Get Kaboul out there in a wheelchair?

We've played the best we have available.

I couldn't agree more. Not a top 4 or even top half player I'm afraid.
He wouldn't get near the squad at united, city, Chelsea, arsenal or Liverpool.

Yep im all for giving the youth a chance i would actually pursue that policy above other ways of doing things, but they have to show something, like townsend, carroll and caulker (oh dear) all have. Kane has not done enough, maybe another year in the championship but i think like obika and mason he will not make prem class. Maybe this coulthrist chap can make the step up.

Im not ekottos biggest fan infact im a bit of a critic of his but im not sure he deserves to be frozen out to the extent he has, is he being sold?

Lennon is one of these players like Jenas where you are waiting for him to explode on to the scene and realise their potential finally. But reality is, they wont. Even Capello mentioned this about Lennon, he doesnt have that arrogance or belief that he can be one of the greats so instead just makes up the numbers. You have to question his hunger and desire...

Jenas/Lennon...that is a very good comparison. Good post.

Last edited:

But he's not kind of right. To be champions contenders, you must have a deep squad that is able to carry on even with injuries. To go from the 1st to 2nd statement within 20 minutes shows that he's not really thought out what he's saying and is just reacting to what he's seeing on the pitch.

But he's not kind of right. To be champions contenders, you must have a deep squad that is able to carry on even with injuries. To go from the 1st to 2nd statement within 20 minutes shows that he's not really thought out what he's saying and is just reacting to what he's seeing on the pitch.

The fact we are discussing what he said shows that his comments were not the usual bland stuff you get.

Who cares if it's logical or even right? As long as it is entertaining or makes you think.

I can do without the Lawro weak puns and in-jokes.

The fact we are discussing what he said shows that his comments were not the usual bland stuff you get.

Who cares if it's logical or even right? As long as it is entertaining or makes you think.

I can do without the Lawro weak puns and in-jokes.

You watch big brother and listen to abba don't you.

No and no.

What point are you trying to make?

Why can't people here just say what is on their minds without all the scratching chin emoticons and the cryptic asides?

you said you liked hearing something that was not logical or eve right as long as it is entertaining

On the random side of this site the political thread often get highly strung but i can always respect people for their opinon because it comes from proper serious thought. I can not say the same for the sort of people who get entertained by stupid comments which in your own words may not be logical or even right.

I visited a friend once and their brother was sat on the sofa watching big brother and bouncing up and down on the sofa and clapping like a performing seal.

Do you have a brother in Godstone?

Didn't see the game, but followed the ups and downs on here on the phone (out with the family and mother in law, who thought I was bored : ) Maybe, AVB was making the point that the squad is weak, that we need one or two players. He also may have been shielding the Bale brick - Bale is not here, but this game does not matter to me, kind of thing.

Levy will note the lack of a first choice defense. That can not be missed!

you said you liked hearing something that was not logical or eve right as long as it is entertaining

On the random side of this site the political thread often get highly strung but i can always respect people for their opinon because it comes from proper serious thought. I can not say the same for the sort of people who get entertained by stupid comments which in your own words may not be logical or even right.

I visited a friend once and their brother was sat on the sofa watching big brother and bouncing up and down on the sofa and clapping like a performing seal.

Do you have a brother in Godstone?

OK. I have had a drink and you like a drink so I will let the above go as it makes sense to you in the state you are in.

Have some pictures coming from today soon. Was a great day in Monaco.. Too bad only 3 of our first 11 played.

The crowd loved Hugo.. all 12,000+ of us. It's amazing to me that many in France think Monaco will challenge PSG for the Ligue 1 title this year. You talk about us being skint without Bale, what happens when Falcao gets injured?

Have some pictures coming from today soon. Was a great day in Monaco.. Too bad only 3 of our first 11 played.

The crowd loved Hugo.. all 12,000+ of us. It's amazing to me that many in France think Monaco will challenge PSG for the Ligue 1 title this year. You talk about us being skint without Bale, what happens when Falcao gets injured?

I ain't surprised!!

Back