• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2013

Ouch! Hugo will not sleep well tonight and his mistake started it all. I thought we were in control until then.

To be fair I meant that in jest and actually feel sorry for him, hes a great keeper but had no protection today against some top players and was made to look poor.

ah, nice to see some doom mongering, whats a spurs board without it

pre seasons are like weddings, great pre season brick regular season, and the other way round remember when we beat roma 5-0 capping an unbeaten pre season

and this match was like a training exercise, not many broke sweat today

I don't think it's just the result performance but a combination of things. We have NO centre backs, zero, zip, nada. Our best left back has been frozen out, our best player(by a mile) wants out. Who knows what's happening with Ade. We have a bunch of injuries already. We've just sold a couple of useful squad players. It's all looking a bit messi at the moment.

What is the point of pre season if you don't use it well? a loss is a loss to me and we can lose any time if there is no structure or intent to play.

What was the team? Any close to our starting 11? And also, have got Dawson injured now as well?

Lloris - was rubbish for some reason

Walker - same old
Livermore - lost
Fryers - ditto
Rose - not much better

Parker - barely noticeable
Dembele - lacked sharpness

Lennon - did nothing
Chadli - did nothing
Siggy - did less than nothing

Defoe - went off injured after 10 minutes

Kane - scored, tried his best but lacks quality
Townsend - only played 20 minutes but easily our best player and scored a great goal

Some others played a few minutes but didn't do anything

What was the team? Any close to our starting 11? And also, have got Dawson injured now as well?

Nowhere near.

Dawson didn't travel, had a scan on his leg.

Lloris, Walker, Fryers, Livermore, rose, Parker, Dembele, Chadli, Sigg, Lennon, Defoe.

Defoe walked off injured.

I'm sorry but Kane does not have a future at spurs. He is too slow, his first touch is clumsy and his movement isn't very good - he has some good vision and a decent finish he will do well in the championship.

Townsend on the other hand I really like.

Chadli looked promising in his technique and strength I even got confused between him and Dembele at times which is a good thing. Rose looked good. Dembele class. Walker ok unfortunately the centre backs were terrible but didn't expect anything else.

Sigurdsson did nothing I forgot he was even playing really feel he's been a complete failure since signing and needs to step his game up. Parker works hard but gave the ball away constantly

Have any of our players looked decent in pre-season games so far, Ive not really watched any of them if im honest

Of course, pre season results dont matter a bit. What does matter (to me anyway) is peformance, attitude, and desire...........and today it was pathetic ! This was a chance for some of these players to stake a claim for a premiership start in 2 weeks, and "THIS" was how much they wanted that !

Of course, you will get the usual "bury your head in the sand" phalanx here quoting chapter and verse about how results dont matter, we were missing players, look at previous years pre season results yadda yadda yadda, but these same people will have an excuse even if we lose to Palace on opening day.

Im just sitting here gobsmaked at what bile I just watched. And it makes me so sad. To me it DOES matter.

Of course, pre season results dont matter a bit. What does matter (to me anyway) is peformance, attitude, and desire...........and today it was pathetic ! This was a chance for some of these players to stake a claim for a premiership start in 2 weeks, and "THIS" was how much they wanted that !

Of course, you will get the usual "bury your head in the sand" phalanx here quoting chapter and verse about how results dont matter, we were missing players, look at previous years pre season results yadda yadda yadda, but these same people will have an excuse even if we lose to Palace on opening day.

Im just sitting here gobsmaked at what bile I just watched. And it makes me so sad. To me it DOES matter.

This was the biggest shock for me - I was thinking especially of Lennon and Sigurdsson - we've either bought players in your position (Sig) or have a player returning from loan (Lennon) who plays in your position. Both were v poor and both did themselves no favours. Sig should be like fudge Paulinho and Chadli I'm gonna show em who is boss - all he showed is why they were bought! Townsend did more in 10 minutes than Lennon did all game! To me Townsend should be ahead of Lennon now for that birth he shows aggression and desire and confidence to take on his man and shoot!

I'm sorry but Kane does not have a future at spurs. He is too slow, his first touch is clumsy and his movement isn't very good - he has some good vision and a decent finish he will do well in the championship.

I couldn't agree more. Not a top 4 or even top half player I'm afraid.
He wouldn't get near the squad at united, city, Chelsea, arsenal or Liverpool.

I don't think it's just the result performance but a combination of things. We have NO centre backs, zero, zip, nada. Our best left back has been frozen out, our best player(by a mile) wants out. Who knows what's happening with Ade. We have a bunch of injuries already. We've just sold a couple of useful squad players. It's all looking a bit messi at the moment.

This I agree with scarily as the Bale deal will go on and on and we are waiting on that money to act on deals of our own to cover these problems. Lets hope the damage to our season will not be because of this stupid situation.

Nice. Paulinho , bale (meh), and soldado to come in

Here's our unavailable XI

Gomes - wants out(has done for two years)

Kaboul - injured
Dawson - injured
Vertonghen - injured
Ekotto - AVB wants him out

Sandro - injured
Holtby - injured
Paulinho - not match ready

Bale - doesn't like chicken badge anymore
Ade - fudge knows where he was
Soldado - probably failed a medical given our luck with injuries

Clarke Carlisle. ****.
30 mins: "if they keep Bale Spurs could be champions contenders this season".
50 mins: "spurs have no depth to their squad, if they get a few injuries they could be in real trouble".

Everything he said during the game made me think he's a bit of a smug arsehole.

Kaboul - injured
Dawson - injured
Vertonghen - injured

Sandro - injured
Holtby - injured

Personal reason, his brother has passed away.

Townsend on the other hand I really like.

Chadli looked promising in his technique and strength I even got confused between him and Dembele at times which is a good thing. Rose looked good. Dembele class. Walker ok unfortunately the centre backs were terrible but didn't expect anything else.

Sigurdsson did nothing I forgot he was even playing really feel he's been a complete failure since signing and needs to step his game up. Parker works hard but gave the ball away constantly
agreed, good summary

Chadli was a lot like Dembele. Gonna be confusing with those 2 and Paulinho and Sandro playing!

Kaboul - injured
Dawson - injured
Vertonghen - injured

Sandro - injured
Holtby - injured

His brother has just died. Give him a break!

Back